Windows 10: Microsoft Account device deletion

Discus and support Microsoft Account device deletion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I log in to my Microsoft account it shows in the Device section that I have three devices, but I only have two, a desktop and laptop. The desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul carer-man, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Microsoft Account device deletion

When I log in to my Microsoft account it shows in the Device section that I have three devices, but I only have two, a desktop and laptop. The desktop is shown under two names. How can I remove the surplus one?

:)

Paul carer-man, Aug 31, 2019
  2. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Microsoft Account device deletion :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Microsoft Account device deletion

Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Microsoft Account device deletion

1. Microsoft Account device deletion - Similar Threads - Microsoft Account device

2. Deleting Microsoft Account, Does profile Remain on That Device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting Microsoft Account, Does profile Remain on That Device?: Our desktop was recently stolen. I’ve deleted my Microsoft Account for that device, however, is my profile still available on that device., as well as documents saved in the computer C: Drive?...
  3. Deleting Microsoft Account, Does profile Remain on That Device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Microsoft Account, Does profile Remain on That Device?: Our desktop was recently stolen. I’ve deleted my Microsoft Account for that device, however, is my profile still available on that device., as well as documents saved in the computer C: Drive?...
  4. Deleting Microsoft Account, Does profile Remain on That Device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back

Microsoft account on deleted device keeps coming back: One of my old office laptop has my microsoft account on it and I forgot to log my account out on that laptop. I thought by removing that device in account.microsoft.com/devices is enough to remove my microsoft account on it forever, but that's not the case...Somehow my own...
  6. Delete a microsoft account on a device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete a microsoft account on a device: I want to sign out this account the red thing There used to be nothing at that red place but now I can't figure how to sign out or delete that account from my computer. Help me please [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Can't delete a device from microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't delete a device from microsoft account.: When I try to delete an unused computer from my Microsoft account, I logon to my account, select the device, and then select "more actions"; but there is no option to delete or remove. The only option that comes up is "Get support". When posting the above, the drop-down...
  8. Delete device from Microsoft account

Delete device from Microsoft account: How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-device-from-microsoft-account/c228992b-a9fc-4503-8a7b-27fa762c01f0"
  9. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting a device from my Microsoft account: How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/bb932813-f1b9-46f6-8dfc-fcf26073f86a
  10. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...