Windows 10: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can move their installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

How to: Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

How to Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

In Windows 10, users can move their installed Windows apps from the Store to another drive.

The default location is This PC on the Windows C: drive in the %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps (apps) and %LocalAppData%\Packages (user app data) folders.

Users can select to move apps to any internal or external drive, including SD cards, USB drives, and USB flash drives. You cannot use mapped network drives.

This tutorial will show you how to move a Microsoft Store app to another drive for your account in Windows 10.

*note If you disconnect the drive you selected to move Windows apps to, then any app moved to that drive will no longer work until the drive is connected again.

When an installed Windows Store app is moved to the selected drive location, Windows 10 will create a WindowsApps and WpSystem folder in the root of the drive like below. The files and folders for apps in the WindowsApps folder will be encrypted with EFS, so no one but your account is able to access the data.

Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Apps icon.

2. Click/tap on Apps & features on the left side, click/tap on a Store app (ex: Drawboard PDF) you want to move to another drive, and click/tap on Move. (see screenshot below)

*note Not all apps can be moved.

3. Select a drive (ex: "E") to move this app to, and click/tap on Move. (see screenshot below)

4. If this drive has apps from another device on it, then you will be prompted Yes or No to continue since the other apps must first be deleted to be able to move this app to this drive. (see screenshot below)

5. This app will now be moved to the drive. (see screenshot below)

6. When finished moving any other apps, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 29, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

little cat, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10

1. Move Apps to another Drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Move Apps another

2. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  3. Moving app to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving app to another drive: I want to move an app from my C drive to my external E drive. I tried uninstalling the app from the C drive and when I reinstall it, it doesn't give me an option where to install it so it automatically installs back to my C drive....
  4. Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.

Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.: How can I move an application from the C drive to the D drive on Windows 11? Can seem to find the "move" button as mentioned by Windows 10 users....
  5. Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.: How can I move an application from the C drive to the D drive on Windows 11? Can seem to find the "move" button as mentioned by Windows 10 users....
  6. Moving Windows 10 to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Windows 10 to another drive: I recently reset my pc and windows got installed on the hdd instead of the ssd. I need to move it, because it's much slower now than before. So how do i do just that? How do i move windows 10 to another drive?...
  7. Moving windows 10 to another drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows 10 to another drive: Hi all, So I installed a NVMe drive on my desktop computer. My windows 10 install right now is on a SATA drive, and I would like to move it to my NVMe drive as I want to get faster load times and all. Any ideas? The only way I know of is to totally reinstall windows, which...
  8. move "microsoft photos app" to another drive windows 10

move "microsoft photos app" to another drive windows 10: I'm out of space on c: and need to move some store apps to another drive, especially the photos app. Other posts here say to set the SYSTEM storage location in settings to the other drive. Photos will not install there, and can not be moved from the c drive. If I set a...
  9. Can't move apps to another drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't move apps to another drive: Hi, I would just like to install Phantasy Star Online 2 on my pc but I'm having a weird error code. First of all I wanted it to go to my drive E where I have a lot of space left the option was there to download the app and is highlighted blue so it's clickable but when I do...
  10. moving windows apps to another drive

moving windows apps to another drive: hi, I have moved an app from the windows drive to another drive to keep my windows drive free but when I checked the windows apps folder on the windows drive it now has the app listed as a shortcut folder but the app is still taking up space on the windows drive even though...