Windows 10: Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Move Messages to Focused or Other Inbox for Outlook in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by whanbury, May 21, 2017.

1. whanbury Win User

Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Move Messages to Focused or Other Inbox for Outlook in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

Windows 10 Insiders on the Fast ring have been receiving notifications about a trial of a new focused inbox in Mail and Calendar.

Focused Inbox for Outlook helps you focus on the emails that matter most to you. It separates your inbox into two tabsFocused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessiblebut out of the wayon the Other tab. Youll be informed about email flowing to Other, and you can switch between tabs at any time to take a quick look.

Focused Inbox works with you to prioritize what's most important. What lands in Focused Inbox is based on the content of the email (e.g., newsletters, machine-generated email, and so on) and who you interact with most often. If you need to fine-tune your Focused Inbox, Move to Focused and Move to Other options are available to do that.

This tutorial will show you how to move your Outlook email messages to the Focused or Other inbox in the Mail app in Windows 10 if you have been invited to join the trial.

EXAMPLE: Focused Inbox for Outlook in Windows 10 Mail app

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. If you have more than one added email account, select the Outlook account (ex: Brink Outlook) you want to move messages to the Focused or Other inbox. (see screenshot below)

Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

3. Do step 4 (Move to Other) or step 5 (Move to Focused) below for what you would like to do.

4. To Move Messages from Focused to Other
    A) From your Inbox, click/tap on the Focused tab, and right click or press and hold on the message you want to move. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on Move to Other or Always move to Other for what you want to do.

*note Choose Move to Other if you want only the selected message moved.

Choose Always move to Other if you want all future messages from the sender to be delivered to the Other tab.

C) If you clicked on Always move to Other, then click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. To Move Messages from Other to Focused
    A) From your Inbox, click/tap on the Other tab, and right click or press and hold on the message you want to move. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on Move to Focused or Always move to Focused for what you want to do.

*note Choose Move to Focused if you want only the selected message moved.

Choose Always move to Focused if you want all future messages from the sender to be delivered to the Focused tab.

C) If you clicked on Always move to Focused, then click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

whanbury, May 21, 2017
  2. JimDirt Win User

How do i stop Focused/Other and keep everything going into in 1 inbox ??

That link does not help , i don't want to have to click on EVERY single email i have in my inbox , and then do it AGAIN for every NEW email that come in , just to move them to "Focused" i want to STOP and Remove , FOCUSED/OTHER , Period and Permanently
    , so it does not separate at all , EVER , i want ALL new emails and all my old ones to be in 1 Inbox , i want it so there is no "Focused" or "Other" PERIOD , i want the emails to go into 1 Inbox all together like they used to and REMOVE the Focused/Other
    from Windows 10 Mail App completely , everything you people link for me to make changes to Outlook , have NOTHING to do with Windows 10 Mail App , and do not change ANYTHING in Windows 10 Mail App , why don't you understand that ???

Let me repeat my question , in hopes someone will answer my ACTUAL QUESTION

How do i STOP Windows 10 Mail app from Separating my emails into Focused and Other ?? , that is what i want done , i want Focused and Other to disappear from Windows 10 Mail App and only have 1 Inbox , nothing else

I do not care about Outlook , it has NOTHING in its settings that affects Windows 10 Mail App on my PC , so please stop referring me to Outlook to solve a issue with Windows 10 Mail App , they are NOT THE SAME THING !!!

I need a fix for Windows 10 Mail App ONLY , Outlook settings do not change anything in Windows 10 Mail App

Does anyone have a answer that will work with my EXACT question ??

JimDirt, May 21, 2017
  3. JimDirt Win User
    How do i stop Focused/Other and keep everything going into in 1 inbox ??

If you're referring to the Mail app built-in in Windows 10, open the app and go to Settings > Reading > Focused Inbox and switch the option Off.

Regards,

I just tried that , it DOES NOT WORK , it still shows Focused and Other and my emails are still separated , i want Focused and Other GONE so its just 1 single INBOX with ALL my emails in 1 place , not Inbox/Focused/Other , i even closed and re-opened
    Windows 10 Mail App ,(i did not log out , i just closed it and re-opened it) and its still the same , so how do i REMOVE Focused /Other from showing up period , in Windows 10 Mail App and ALL my emails put into 1 single Inbox ?????

JimDirt, May 21, 2017
Thema:

Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

1. Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Move Outlook Email

2. Win 10 Home. MAIL app. Cannot disable Focused Inbox.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home. MAIL app. Cannot disable Focused Inbox.: I was having problems with the contacts people not being seen. Reset the mail app and also re-added gmail account. Focused inbox remains enabled regardless of the toggle in settings. Also, I've noticed that the gmail account does not show up in the Focused inbox "select an...
  3. Microsoft Mail - Windows 10. Focused Inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Mail - Windows 10. Focused Inbox: Hello I am trying to take off the focused tab. When I open up Microsoft Mail for Windows 10 and click on settings I see the list of options on the right. Clicking on some of these such as "Help", "Notifications" and the one I need to turn off focused inbox causes the app to...
  4. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app: I definitely used to have focused inbox support for my gmail accounts within the Windows 10 mail app. After having to reset my Windows Mail app, I no longer have the option to toggle focused inbox on my gmail accounts. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I use...
  5. Outlook email inbox

Outlook email inbox: don't see much help for outlook email in the app, so the answer is probably easy. why can't I see all of the messages in my inbox on my surface, but I can on my phone. can't seem to find a setting or filter I need to change. thanks. Lew...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts

Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts: On my Surface Pro 4, I was able to have my Gmail inbox in the native Windows 10 inbox app use the Focused Inbox feature. I get a lot of clutter and marketing emails, so it was really handy to find the signal among the noise. With Google killing the Inbox app, I decided to...
  7. outlook inbox not update emails

outlook inbox not update emails: Hello My outlook 2016 is not update my inbox? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/outlook-inbox-not-update-emails/35ff1e78-9d1f-4c58-81e0-2ca66cdc0371
  8. Focused Inbox for Gmail using Win 10 Mail App

Focused Inbox for Gmail using Win 10 Mail App: So, I really like the Focused Inbox feature on Win 10 Mail and Outlook. It works for my Outlook and 365 accounts, and it works very well for sorting mail into important, junk (which I don't even see), and everything else in between. For the last year or so, my Gmail on the...
  9. Outlook - Update on Focused Inbox and plans for Clutter

in Windows 10 News
    Outlook - Update on Focused Inbox and plans for Clutter: In July 2016 we announced that Focused Inbox, a new feature in Outlook that helps you cut through the noise of email to focus on what matters most, would be coming to Office 365 customers. Focused Inbox first rolled out to customers who use modern authentication, and earlier...
  10. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to move email to inbox of other email account using windows 10