Windows 10: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

Windows 10 Insiders on the Fast ring have been receiving notifications about a trial of a new focused inbox in Mail and Calendar.

Focused Inbox for Outlook helps you focus on the emails that matter most to you. It separates your inbox into two tabsFocused and Other. Your most important emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessiblebut out of the wayon the Other tab. Youll be informed about email flowing to Other, and you can switch between tabs at any time to take a quick look.

Focused Inbox works with you to prioritize what's most important. What lands in Focused Inbox is based on the content of the email (e.g., newsletters, machine-generated email, and so on) and who you interact with most often. If you need to fine-tune your Focused Inbox, Move to Focused and Move to Other options are available to do that.

The Focused inbox feature is available for Outlook.com, Office 365, and Gmail account email addresses added as an account in the Mail app.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to turn Focused Inbox on or off in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10 if you have been invited to join the trial.

EXAMPLE: Focused Inbox for Outlook in Windows 10 Mail app

Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.
    2. Click/tap on the Settings
    . button, click/tap on Focused inbox in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

4. Select an email account you want this to be applied to, and turn on or off Sort messages into Focused and Other for what you want. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 22, 2017

2. WIn 10 Mail App

To turn on and off Focused Inbox, please follow the steps below: 1) Open the Windows 10 Mail app. 2) Click the gear icon to open the Settings. 3. Under Settings, click Reading. 4. Under Focused Inbox, select an account you want to apply the changes. 5.
    Turn on or off Sort messages into Focused and Other. What exactly is "Other" you want to get rid of? Are you referring to Merged Inboxes? You said you want just one Inbox so if you have multiple accounts that would mean Merged. Turn on Merged Inboxes in Mail
    settings under Manage Accounts.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 22, 2017
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Why does Windows 10 Mail app not send notifications for emails in the "Other" tab?

Hi Subhadeep,

The Other tab on Mail app is not showing a notification as it is created that way. Notifications will only show on the
    Focused Inbox, as it is the priority for important emails. If you want to receive a notification of all emails that you'll receive, we suggest turning off the
    Focused Inbox. Kindly follow the steps under the Mail for Windows 10 category on this article to do so:
    Turn off Focused Inbox.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 22, 2017
  4. Kbird Win User

Kbird, Mar 6, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hey KB, *Smile

I posted something in your thread that will hopefully help.

Brink, Mar 6, 2017
  6. Kbird Win User
    Thanks Brink , trying the App Reset you linked on the other thread , as nothing else has worked.

KB

Kbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Focused

2. Win 10 Home. MAIL app. Cannot disable Focused Inbox.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home. MAIL app. Cannot disable Focused Inbox.: I was having problems with the contacts people not being seen. Reset the mail app and also re-added gmail account. Focused inbox remains enabled regardless of the toggle in settings. Also, I've noticed that the gmail account does not show up in the Focused inbox "select an...
  3. Microsoft Mail - Windows 10. Focused Inbox

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Mail - Windows 10. Focused Inbox: Hello I am trying to take off the focused tab. When I open up Microsoft Mail for Windows 10 and click on settings I see the list of options on the right. Clicking on some of these such as "Help", "Notifications" and the one I need to turn off focused inbox causes the app to...
  4. Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail?

Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail?: I use Outlook for Android, which supports Focused inbox for both Hotmail/Outlook and GMail accounts. Why is Windows Main app different? It's kinda unexpected, inconvenient and weird Thank you!...
  5. focused inbox?

in Windows 10 Customization
    focused inbox?: What is the purpose of a focused inbox? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/focused-inbox/7af0b0cc-4268-425b-a2e5-06e2183056db
  6. Will Windows Mail Focused Inbox be ever be provided for Gmail?

Will Windows Mail Focused Inbox be ever be provided for Gmail?: I have windows 10 Pro 1809 version on my Surface laptop. In my windows 10 Mail App, I cannot get Focused Inbox for Gmail account since more than 6 months now. I used to have it earlier but after a format of my PC, I never got the feature back again. I thought that Microsoft...
  7. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app: I definitely used to have focused inbox support for my gmail accounts within the Windows 10 mail app. After having to reset my Windows Mail app, I no longer have the option to toggle focused inbox on my gmail accounts. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I use...
  8. Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts

Windows 10 Mail app missing Focused Inbox for Gmail accounts: On my Surface Pro 4, I was able to have my Gmail inbox in the native Windows 10 inbox app use the Focused Inbox feature. I get a lot of clutter and marketing emails, so it was really handy to find the signal among the noise. With Google killing the Inbox app, I decided to...
  9. Focused Inbox for Gmail using Win 10 Mail App

Focused Inbox for Gmail using Win 10 Mail App: So, I really like the Focused Inbox feature on Win 10 Mail and Outlook. It works for my Outlook and 365 accounts, and it works very well for sorting mail into important, junk (which I don't even see), and everything else in between. For the last year or so, my Gmail on the...
  10. Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Move Outlook Email to Focused or Other Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Move Messages to Focused or Other Inbox for Outlook in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule...