Windows 10: My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account

Discus and support My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day! I have an ASUS Laptop with Windows 8.1 installed by default. Most branded laptops comes with Windows preinstalled, including mine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mikael Manuel, Feb 25, 2020.

1. My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account

Good day!

I have an ASUS Laptop with Windows 8.1 installed by default. Most branded laptops comes with Windows preinstalled, including mine. I upgraded it to the free Windows 10 many years back.

A year after the purchase of my laptop, the operating system was not loading and only the UEFI/BIOS appears. It was only last year that I found a workaround that I need to start it with a Linux OS then reboot, then the Windows OS will appear. This has been my workaround for months now. The OS that loads is Windows 8.1, apparently. The accredited service provider of ASUS replaced the troubled hard disk drive with another hard disk drive and formatted it with the preinstalled OS in the recovery of my laptop and I did not get my Windows 10 back. Now, i have Windows 8.1 used in a daily basis .

I know for a fact that my laptop device with Windows 10 installed with Windows 8.1 currently installed is still registered in my Microsoft Account. It was around 3 or 4 months ago that I cannot find my device in my Microsoft Account and i only have the courage now to report it. Perhaps there was an internal change from Microsoft and it messed up and my device was removed. I tried registering my device to my Microsoft Account but i cannot see it registered.

How can i register it? Do i have to install Windows 10? Are the electronic keys still in the vault of Microsoft and i could register my device once i have Windows 10 installed?

Thank you.

:)

Mikael Manuel, Feb 25, 2020

2. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Feb 25, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account

1. My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - laptop device was

2. Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove my Device from Microsoft Account?: I have a Microsoft account which is linked to my device Laptop but after I clean installed windows, I used a different Microsoft account to sign in. Now my device shows linked with both the Microsoft accounts, and I want it to keep with only one account.So, can I unlink the...
  3. Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...: so basically what happened was I removed my desktop from my microsoft account and it revoked my administrator privelage from my computer, my computer only has one account and it is not an administrator, I have been trying to find a fix but everything I tried resulted in the...
  4. Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed my desktop device from my microsoft account and now my windows account is stuck as...: so basically what happened was I removed my desktop from my microsoft account and it revoked my administrator privelage from my computer, my computer only has one account and it is not an administrator, I have been trying to find a fix but everything I tried resulted in the...
  5. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  6. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  7. How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account: At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions: If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it: Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in,...
  8. Removal of account from my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removal of account from my laptop: How can I remove my account from a laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-account-from-my-laptop/a4553cdc-e8dd-4b05-b7fc-2d458e6955c8"
  9. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...
  10. removing a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    removing a device from my Microsoft account: How do I remove a device from my devices in my Microsoft account ? I no longer have a windows Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/b01681e7-1a24-456f-8441-b20b0802cf1d