Windows 10: Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart

Discus and support Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, Whenever I restart my system Network List Service (netprofm) is getting disabled and stopped. Everytime I had to manually start it to get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/karthik623521, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart

Hi All, Whenever I restart my system Network List Service (netprofm) is getting disabled and stopped. Everytime I had to manually start it to get the network connectivity. Is it some kind of bug in Windows 10?

submitted by /u/karthik623521
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/karthik623521, Oct 30, 2019

2. DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

The error message which you are receiving will occur when Network List Service (netprofm) is not enable and it is not working properly.

If you have performed a clean install of Windows 10 and if you haven't upgraded from Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Computer to Windows 10. Then it will ask you to activate Windows 10. In such cases, you need to purchase product key for Windows 10.

Regarding the issue, please try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try to enable the Network List Service in Services Window and check if it helps.

I suggest you to activate the Windows in Services Window.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type “services.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Search for Network List Service.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start.

6. Click on Apply and click on OK.

If you the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to run the System File Checker and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key. Click on search bar.

2. Type “CMD” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.

4. Type “sfc /scannow” and hit on Enter Key.Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on Windows related issues. We will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Command Prompt

How to Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Windows

A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX daemon process. Services provide core operating system features, such as Web serving, event logging, file serving, printing, cryptography, and error reporting.

This tutorial will show you how to export a list of running and stopped services to a file in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Export List of Running and Stopped Services in PowerShell

Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Export List of Running and Stopped Services in Command Prompt

*note For more Sc query command usage options, see: Sc query | Microsoft Docs
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command you want to use below into the command prompt, and press Enter.

(For all running and stopped services)
    sc query type= service state= all > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\All_Services.txt"

OR

(For all running services)
    sc query type= service > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Running_Services.txt"

OR

(For all stopped services)
    sc query type= service state= inactive > "%UserProfile%\Desktop\Stopped_Services.txt"
    3. You will now have a text file on your desktop with the list of all currently running and/or stopped services.

OPTION TWO
    Export List of Running and Stopped Services in PowerShell

*note For more Get-Service command usage options, see: Get-Service | Microsoft Docs
    1. Open Windows PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command you want to use below into PowerShell, and press Enter.

(For all running and stopped services to .txt file)
    Get-Service | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\All_Services.txt"

(For all running and stopped services to .csv file)
    Get-Service | Export-Csv -path "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\All_Services.csv"

OR

(For all running services to .txt file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Running"} | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Running_Services.txt"

(For all running services to .csv file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Running"} | Export-Csv -path "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Running_Services.csv"

OR

(For all stopped services to .txt file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"} | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-File -filepath "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Stopped_Services.txt"

(For all stopped services to .csv file)
    Get-Service | Where-Object {$_.Status -eq "Stopped"} | Export-Csv -path "$Env:userprofile\Desktop\Stopped_Services.csv"
    3. You will now have a .txt or .csv file on your desktop with the list of all currently running and/or stopped services.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Groggubus Win User

Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart

Network PC Win10 1903 issue Error Code 0x80070035

i followed these steps, but no matter what, i couldnt stop network list services.

"windows could not stop the network list service on local computer. error 1061: the service cannot accept control messages at this time".

also, which pc am i meant to be running this fix on? both PC's reported error 1061.

Groggubus, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart

1. Network List Service (netprofm) getting stopped after system restart - Similar Threads - Network List Service

2. getting DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm error on server...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm error on server...: I am getting "DCOM got error "1068" attempting to start the service netprofm " every second on my server 2016 all of a sudden, but the dpendancy is DHCP which i dont run and is disable don this server. Anyone have any suggestions please?...
  3. Windows service stopping after restart

in Cortana
    Windows service stopping after restart: So there is a service called "TabletInputService" This service needs to be running to use windows search, type passwords for network, etc basically anything in windows itself that takes an input aside from apps i will start up my computer and want to search for a file or a...
  4. Windows service stopping after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows service stopping after restart: So there is a service called "TabletInputService" This service needs to be running to use windows search, type passwords for network, etc basically anything in windows itself that takes an input aside from apps i will start up my computer and want to search for a file or a...
  5. Windows service stopping after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Network List Service hogging CPU: I have a Surface Go running Windows 10 not 10S, and recently last few weeks whenever it wakes from Sleep "Network List Service" starts using at least 30% of my CPU. Often my combined CPU use is 100%. This goes on for a minute or more. None of my other computers have this...
  7. diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with...: I'm having problems with connecting to my normal network. It will randomly disconnect and, when trying to reconnect, a message that says "can't connect to this network" appears. Even though the router says there is a connection and all the other devices in the house work...
  8. Network List Service service stops after recent Windows update. Must use admin to turn...

Network List Service service stops after recent Windows update. Must use admin to turn...: After the most recent Windows 10 update, many of my users now experience turning their computers on, opening Outlook, and receiving a "needs password" error. Opening Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center, shows that the there is a problem with the...
  9. NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop

NetproFM stuck in "stopping" loop: I know this is an ongoing issue with Windows and never seems to get a resolution, but i will try again. On my server running Windows Server 2016 NetproFM will go in to a "stopping" state and never recover. I also cannot stop it by PID, as I get an access denied reply. I have...
  10. Network List Service (netprofm) getting disabled after system restart

Network List Service (netprofm) getting disabled after system restart: Hi All, Whenever I restart my system Network List Service (netprofm) is getting disabled and stopped. Everytime I had to manually start it to get the network connectivity. Is it some kind of bug in Windows 10? Moreover, in the event logs, I'm seeing multiple occurrences of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network list services 1068

2. network list service stopping state

3. windows network list service stoped

4. netprofm will not restart,
  5. dcom got error 1068 netprofm