Windows 10: No login prompt at login screen

Discus and support No login prompt at login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shohambs, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Shohambs Win User

No login prompt at login screen

As can be seen in the picture, sometimes after locking the computer, unlocking is impossible because there is no where to enter the password and the screen is almost empty but the options on the bottom left.
    Any way to fix that?

No login prompt at login screen [​IMG]

:)

Shohambs, Sep 10, 2016

2. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

I don't get a login prompt or a mouse cursor, last night it took 2hrs to finally come up. I have a 4.2 i7 with 16gb of Ram and 24tb of hard drive, only started after last update

My Web Design Solution, Sep 10, 2016
  3. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

Hey, this is happening to me and i cant find anything to fix it!!! Did you find a solution? I t

kadinlangdon, Sep 10, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Press Enter, the login screen should appear

spunk, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    From the icons in the lower right it looks Shohambs has already done that. These only appear on the login screen AFAIK.

No login prompt at login screen [​IMG]

There should also be a list of one or more user accounts at the lower left, it's this that's missing. Without an account to select there won't be anything to sign in to.

6. The answer might be dependent on how the computer has been set up to be locked.
    Lock Computer in Windows 10
    Even though I haven't seen your problem a couple of ideas come to mind but I admit I'm speculating
    Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE and see if the normal Lock option is now Unlock
    Select Switch User
    Down in the right hand corner, click on restart
    Once you get back into the computer, investigate methods to ensure the problem doesn't return

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 11, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    A similar problem (missing accounts at login screen) was reported for Windows 7.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...rol-panel.html

The problem seemed to be that the accounts had lost some/all of their group memberships. In Win10 Pro you can check on this using lusrmgr. Win10 Home won't let you use this, but an alternative is to use Win+R (or a command prompt) and type: control userpasswords2 - you can even manage group membership here by double-clicking on a user account name.

8. Vesao Win User

For testing, I disabled all user accounts and still there is a login prompt with my disabled user shown on the screen. Next I removed the disabled user from all groups, reboot, and I can also see the login prompt. So I think there might be some other settings that cause your problem.

Vesao, Sep 11, 2016
  9. MeAndMyComputer, Sep 11, 2016
  10. Shohambs Win User
    First of all thank you all for trying to help me!

I've checked my groups and I'm in some.
    I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.

I've asked around, and it happened to one other as I saw, he thinks the cause of it is being in the insider program and then leaving (as I did too), and his solution was to format the pc, something I wish to avoid

Shohambs, Sep 12, 2016
  11. "I can login to the computer after restart"
    Can you login after shut down and then start back up?

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 13, 2016
  12. Shohambs Win User
    Yes I can, but it is kind of annoying doing it each tine

Shohambs, Sep 13, 2016
  13. No login prompt at login screen

"Yes I can, but it is kind of annoying doing it each tine" That's ok, it's part of the troubleshooting process as none of us can see your computer. I want to believe there is a solution to your problem with out formatting your PC. Only time will tell.

Do you leave your computer on all of the time?
    If So would you consider shutting down your computer once a day at a convenient time and starting it back up later at a convenient time and leaving on the rest of the time until you shut down again on a daily basis for now so you can at least log in properly during this time period?
    --- The shut down & start back up time frame can be only within 5 minutes or before some activity such as when going to work and then returning from work.
    --- Some experts may have better troubleshooting methods and that's ok with me as I'm just a simple computer user and I always welcome learning something new.

Also do you have any security/maintenance programs? For example, Norton, McAfee etc.? Maybe CCleaner?

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 13, 2016
  14. I've done more research on your issue and haven't found any standard of instructions of how to deal with it.

But what I suspect is your issue happens to when the computer wakes up and settings in power options should be changed and then backtrack each one (one at a time) to find out when your issue re-occurs. I've looked over my settings and am considering how it would be possible for you to do in order to be helpful. Once a changed setting is returned to its prior state or default state and the issue returns, you can focus on how to address that particular setting. BTW, I don't recall, but are you on the Win10 AU update?

MeAndMyComputer, Sep 15, 2016
  15. Shohambs Win User
    I am, i always update to the latest version ( simply because I have hope it will fix it..)

Shohambs, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

1. No login prompt at login screen - Similar Threads - login prompt login

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blurry login screen without login prompt after screen locking: Using a Lenovo T490 and a Thunderbolt 3 dock. I don't know if either of those factor in but either way I have an issue with the login screen completely failing to bring up the password prompt. Just stuck on a blurry background and a few on-screen buttons that do let me reboot...
  6. No login prompt

No login prompt: Hi all, I have been encountering an irritating issue. My PC, an Asus laptop with Windows 10 Home, does not prompt the login page after starting the PC. After a seemingly normal and fast boot, I get the screen with the clock and date, but after clicking on it, there is no...
  7. How to rename login screen login prompt

How to rename login screen login prompt: I have a computer that has a duplicate "Other User" login prompt. We have a global policy that puts four login options ,but the issue isn't getting corrected after I run ggpupdate /force. The prompts should say: Other User Password Local or Domain Account Smart Card...
  8. Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Periodically there is no login prompt on login screen; can't verify: I have a vexing problem since the Anniversary update on my Vaio. I have been using Windows 10 on this machine successfully for over a year. Here are the exact symptoms: I boot up the laptop from a cold state. The boot appears normal and my personal background appears on...
  9. No login prompt after locking screen

No login prompt after locking screen: Hello, I locked my company computer last Friday because it had to make some calculations. When I came back on Tuesday and wanted to unlock it, there was only a black screen with my mouse pointer. After pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL the background of the login screen appeared, but...
  10. No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.

No password prompt at login screen. Can not login.: After I configured to start up the Windows 10 with the safe mode as following method for uninstalling a software, it does not prompt to enter a password at login screen anymore. It was working fine until now. [img] [img] I have tried following but no luck....