Windows 10: Open PC settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Open PC settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; No longer valid in build 9926. 2121 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open PC settings in Windows 10

No longer valid in build 9926.

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2015

2. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Hi,

I would also suggest you to test the issue on a new user account and check if it helps.

• To create a new user account, refer to these suggestions:
    • In start menu search type “user” without quotes.
    • Click on Add, edit, or remove other users from the list of results.
    • Under Other users, click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 23, 2015
  3. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Tried this. It said I had to be an administrator...but I AM! I'm the only user of this computer, I'm listed as an administrator. When I try making setting changes now, I just get errors or unhelpful messages that say, "Something went wrong." Yeah, thanks.
    I know that already. What I don't know is how to fix it.

DavidMorrese, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

Open PC settings in Windows 10

1. Open PC settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open settings

2. set file open with default

in Windows 10 Customization
    set file open with default: How do you set the default program to open a file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-file-open-with-default/7037987b-12e8-4e04-ad36-983ae85bfd65
  3. Cannot open PC Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open PC Settings: Hello! I just noticed a weird bug at my work PC (Windows 10 Pro v1803). I click on the gear icon to open PC Settings and nothing happens. I also try to open PC Settings from Class Menu (I have Openshell installed), nothing again. The only way to access it is by right-click...
  4. Settings unable to open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings unable to open: I went on my computer this morning, and i tried to access the settings but when the app opens, it instantly closes, it also does this for forza horizon 4, i have been told that it is because the PC is performing an update but if anyone could confirm this, would be greatly...
  5. Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open a Microsoft Developer Account when location is set to New Zealand: Hi there I am posting this as a last resort to get some help, I have already contacted MS Support but we are just going around and around in circle because they are not listening to our issue. We are unable to open a Microsoft Developer Account when the location is set...
  6. can't keep settings window open

can't keep settings window open: can't get into settings window comes up doesent open and closes in about5 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-keep-settings-window-open/690e440d-c1f9-427a-8bc6-f138016309ab
  7. VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10: Hello, Whenever I try to open the standard VPN settings application freezes. I have Windows 64 bit. I have run both the DISM and the SFC scan, and it came back with no errors. this is what I received, C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth...
  8. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening: Hello Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top you can see it is trying to refresh the info. Likewise, if I click Sync your settings, again I get a blank page. If I then try...
  9. Can I apply a theme without opening the Windows settings?

Can I apply a theme without opening the Windows settings?: I currently have a program running the periodically changes my theme on my computer. It executes a theme from the windows resource folder: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\MyTheme.theme This all works well, except for the fact that this opens the Windows Settings program as...
  10. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening: Hello Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top you can see it is trying to refresh the info. Likewise, if I click Sync your settings, again I get a blank page. If I then try...