Windows 10: Open PC settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Open PC settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Open PC settings in Windows 10 How to Open PC settings in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open PC settings in Windows 10

How to: Open PC settings in Windows 10

How to Open PC settings in Windows 10

Open PC settings in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 9926 released on January 23rd 2015.

Settings is now a separate app.

Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in PC settings. PC settings is organized into the PC and devices, Users and accounts, OneDrive, Search and apps, Privacy, Network, DataSense, Time and language, Ease of Access, Update and recovery, Battery Saver, and Storage Sense categories. You can click/tap on each category on the left to see more available settings for that category on the right.

This tutorial will show you different ways on how to open PC settings in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: PC settings

Here's How:

1. Do step 2, step 3, step 4, step 5, or step 6 below for how you would like to open PC settings.

2. On a touchscreen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen to open the charms. Click/tap on the Settings charm, and click/tap on Change PC settings at the bottom. (see screenshots below)

3. Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings charm, and click/tap on Change PC settings at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

4. If you are using the Start Menu, then click/tap on the Start button on the taskbar or press the Windows key to open it, then click/tap on the PC settings shortcut. (see screenshot below)

5. If you are using the Start screen, then click/tap on the Start button on the taskbar or press the Windows key to open it, then click/tap on the PC settings shortcut on Start or Apps. (see screenshots below)

6. Open File Explorer, and click/tap on This PC in the navigation pane. Click/tap on the Computer tab, and click/tap on Open Settings in the ribbon. (see screenshot below)

Note This step is only available in the Windows Technical Preview build 9860 and above.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2015

2. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Hi,

I would also suggest you to test the issue on a new user account and check if it helps.

• To create a new user account, refer to these suggestions:
    • In start menu search type “user” without quotes.
    • Click on Add, edit, or remove other users from the list of results.
    • Under Other users, click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 23, 2015
  3. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Tried this. It said I had to be an administrator...but I AM! I'm the only user of this computer, I'm listed as an administrator. When I try making setting changes now, I just get errors or unhelpful messages that say, "Something went wrong." Yeah, thanks.
    I know that already. What I don't know is how to fix it.

DavidMorrese, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

Open PC settings in Windows 10

1. Open PC settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open settings

2. Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue I've had on the back burner for quite a while now.So we have a fleet of laptops that are all windows autopilot machines managed by Intune, and we have a bunch of administrators not global administrators that can login to any...
  3. Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Administrator / Windows Autopilot can't open settings.: Hello,I'm hoping someone can help me solve an issue I've had on the back burner for quite a while now.So we have a fleet of laptops that are all windows autopilot machines managed by Intune, and we have a bunch of administrators not global administrators that can login to any...
  4. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...
  5. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...
  6. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

7. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  8. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?: Since I updated my computer, my Windows key doesn't work and any application related to the start menu don't work either. I've already reset, restarted multiple times, tried wsreset and cmd commands, and checked for game mode, and tried the Fn commands. This happened the last...
  9. How do I fix/open my start menu/cortana/settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for...: my settings app does not open i tried all scans etc everything nothing works it opens for 2 seconds but before accessing the menu it closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-app-does-not-open-i-tried-all-scans/78aa86e2-9e7c-4c72-b531-4fd94b354335