Windows 10: Open PC settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Open PC settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; No longer valid in build 9926. 2121 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open PC settings in Windows 10

No longer valid in build 9926.

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2015

2. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Hi,

I would also suggest you to test the issue on a new user account and check if it helps.

• To create a new user account, refer to these suggestions:
    • In start menu search type “user” without quotes.
    • Click on Add, edit, or remove other users from the list of results.
    • Under Other users, click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 23, 2015
  3. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Tried this. It said I had to be an administrator...but I AM! I'm the only user of this computer, I'm listed as an administrator. When I try making setting changes now, I just get errors or unhelpful messages that say, "Something went wrong." Yeah, thanks.
    I know that already. What I don't know is how to fix it.

DavidMorrese, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

Open PC settings in Windows 10

1. Open PC settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open settings

2. how to open settings (will not open}

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to open settings (will not open}: how do I open settings {will not open at all } https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-open-settings-will-not-open/d7687112-965d-4557-ac86-4a3b4cf4e39a
  3. what do i do when i open my windows settings and it dose not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what do i do when i open my windows settings and it dose not respond: what do i do when i open my windows settings and it dose not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-do-i-do-when-i-open-my-windows-settings-and/5852b83e-93b0-40ff-a9c9-2fd0d1146b99
  4. Can't set default apps to open filetypes

Can't set default apps to open filetypes: It is completely impossible for me to change or set a default program for any files. The "Open With" window doesn't function and the "Choose default apps by file type" just freezes and doesn't change any time I set a default program....
  5. Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default

Can't set notepad to open .srt files by default: Hi ! Strange problem I have... I used to always open .srt files (mainly movie subtitles) with the notepad, but I installed a new application (a media player called PotPlayer). It became the default application for .srt files, but I just can't make the notepad to be the...
  6. Me settings won't open.

Me settings won't open.: Everytime I go to open my settings it starts to open then shuts by it self. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/me-settings-wont-open/990de862-8ff9-4f4f-ad8e-9e0ed376eda4
  7. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.: I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it. Can anybody help me fix it?...
  8. Computer underperforming, can't open windows settings & other problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer underperforming, can't open windows settings & other problems: So I have had this PC since 2013 and bought the graphics card last year in November and a 2TB storage HDD this year. The reason i bought the graphics card was i couldn't play newer games at even the lowest settings and when i first bought it the guys that mounted it said i...
  9. My Settings won't open on windows 10

My Settings won't open on windows 10: I have a few issues with my MSI GL63 8RC laptop and I'm wanting to factory reset it to try and fix these problems, but it won't let me. It shows it open but then closes it after a few seconds....
  10. Not able to set default opening app to Adobe PDF 8.1 on pdf files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to set default opening app to Adobe PDF 8.1 on pdf files: Last update of Windows 10 changed all my .pdf default to open with MS Edge. I do not want to use MS Edge, because I open .pdf documents from inside applications and MS Edge is not a full-fledged .pdf editor. With Edge, you cannot add pages, combine pages and and add...