Windows 10: Open PC settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Open PC settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; No longer valid in build 9926. 2121 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Open PC settings in Windows 10

No longer valid in build 9926.

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2015

2. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Hi,

I would also suggest you to test the issue on a new user account and check if it helps.

• To create a new user account, refer to these suggestions:
    • In start menu search type “user” without quotes.
    • Click on Add, edit, or remove other users from the list of results.
    • Under Other users, click on Add someone else to this PC.
    • Follow on screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jan 23, 2015
  3. PC settings won't open in windows 10

Tried this. It said I had to be an administrator...but I AM! I'm the only user of this computer, I'm listed as an administrator. When I try making setting changes now, I just get errors or unhelpful messages that say, "Something went wrong." Yeah, thanks.
    I know that already. What I don't know is how to fix it.

DavidMorrese, Jan 23, 2015
Thema:

Open PC settings in Windows 10

1. Open PC settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Open settings

2. Settings Panel Opens Maximized

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Panel Opens Maximized: This issue started about a month ago. When I open Settings panel it opens maximized (full screen). I "fixed" it one time by restoring to an earlier disc image and then it opened in the smaller screen size. But, tihe next day (after power off/on) it came back to full screen. I...
  3. Can't open settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings.: Hi, I'm using windows 10 for about 5 months now. first, there were no issues whatsoever but now suddenly I can't launch the setting or the "add or remove programs" app. maybe there are other things I can't, however, I didn't notice anything yet. please let me know if...
  4. Windows settings not opening

Windows settings not opening: I'm trying to open microsoft settings but it doesn't work. If i type a setting into the search bar it doesnt open The settings option doesn't work too. I've tried to do SCF /SCANNOW. But that did nothing....
  5. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...
  6. Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10

Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10: Hi i just want to ask how can i fix my ASUS laptop problem, i can't open the settings it automatically forced close after i opened it, and i can't connect to wifi thats why i cannot download the link to fix my settings, what should i do?...
  7. Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO: Hi!, I just want to get some tips on how to fix "PHOTOS" in Windows 8-10, I can view the photos but when I try to open the 3 dots besides Print icon and chooses settings "FILE INFO" it literally crashes or stop working I tried several Reset and Repair for the software...
  8. Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut

Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut: Hey all, I have an issue with my Surface Book running Windows 10, version 1809 (OS build 17763.475). The issue popped up after updating the laptop to the latest version of Windows. When I want to open the settings app, I generally do so by clicking on the Start Menu and...
  9. How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change target and start in settings so pinned web page can open with your default...: So here is what going on? I recently got Windows 10 Pro laptop. On Windows 7 PC I was able to pin IE-11 shortcut to taskbar, but Windows 10 gives no such option. [ATTACH] Steps I tried as workaround is I opened same website in MS Edge and pinned it to the taskbar, but...
  10. How to set priority for opening programs - ie. how to stop program that opens to get in...

How to set priority for opening programs - ie. how to stop program that opens to get in...: For example, I have 3ds Max opened, and I'm working on it. And suddenly I need to open a Photoshop for some reasons. I click it on my taskbar to open it. As it needs few moments to open, I go back to continue work on Max, but then, when is opened, Photoshop is getting in...