Windows 10: PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

Discus and support PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zolotoy, Mar 1, 2018.

1. zolotoy Win User

PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea?

Thanks

:)

zolotoy, Mar 1, 2018

2. How can shutting down bluetooth on one device power up an other hibernating device w wake up disabled for BT-adapter

A Bluetooth (lost) connection to my PC is the cause (but perhaps not the only one) of waking up my PC in hibernation. This PC has a disabled wake up for the BT-adapter and the BIOS has likewise been set not to allow Bluetooth to wake the machine.

I've now tried a number of times the following scenario:

My phone is paired and connected to my PC, but the Bluetooth adapter may not wake the PC. I put the PC into hibernation. On the phone the bluetooth status is connect for the PC (and other paired devices e.g. GPS) even if they are not powered
    up. If I now turn Bluetooth off on the phone the PC immediately power up from hibernation!! Apart from the 'election of master browser' an other event is one of the first in the log:

"Windows cannot store Bluetooth authentication codes (link keys) on the local adapter. Bluetooth keyboards might not work in the system BIOS during startup."

Now why would the shutting down Bluetooth on one device wake an other powered down (hibernating) device with a setting that the adapter may not wake the machine?

PeterKyllesbeck, Mar 1, 2018
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Windows 10 Updates

Let it go to sleep mode it will wake and do it.

Let it go into hibernate mode, if newer it will wake and do it.

Why not just restart the PC and let it start doing the update before or when you go to bed. It can do it and turn itself off with sleep 30 minutes later then it will automatically hibernate(power off) 3 hrs after.

Newer pc's can wake at 3am, older pc's will not wake from hibernate & the next time you turn it on it will do the update.

'Mike P, Mar 1, 2018
  4. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

Try to turn off the wake up timers in Energy savings options.
    Start > just type 'control' > in the list click on 'Controlpanel' > System & Security > Energy settings > Change scheme settings > change advanced setting > Power saving option => Allow wake up timers - Disabled

Restart the computer.

Well I have a Swedish Windows so I tried to explain this in english, I hope you understand.
    Best regards from Sweden.
    Ps. I am sorry for my poor english and grammar.

Flyfisherman, Mar 2, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

1. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate - Similar Threads - wakes wakes Hibernate

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  5. BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate

BSOD upon waking up from Hibernate: My Lenovo Flex 5 gen 7 running on Windows 11 has been experiencing BSOD with stopcode: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE most if not every time I woke the laptop up from Hibernate. As I got the laptop new it did not face any problem with hibernate provided that it went from sleep...
  6. PC waking up from hibernate status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  7. PC waking up from hibernate status

PC waking up from hibernate status: Hi, my PC is set to go into hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity. I observed, that it often starts up again a short while after going into hibernate and I don't know why. I tried using powercfg -lastwake in cmd as admin right after the PC started but the History is empty....
  8. Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not waking up after Pc hibernating: Hi I will gladly provide any info you need. I'm using W10, obviously, and these last three times I've woken up to the usual black screen when the PC is in hibernation, except these last 3 times when i move the mouse or type a key nothing happens. I think the Pc responds and...
  9. System waking from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    System waking from hibernate: I have used gpedit.msc to set Enable Windows Update Power Management to disabled but still I come back to my laptop after hibernating it and find it is awake and that powercfg -lastwake shows: C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0]...
  10. Wake from hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake from hibernation: My system goes into Hibernate mode in 180 minutes when I don’t use it and I have to wake it up by pressing the power button. The problem is that I use my laptop mainly as a desktop machine and need to lift the lid and press the button often. Is there any way to wake up the...