Windows 10: PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account

Discus and support PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've already done the "Windows button+R" thing, and I've already taken off my Microsoft account on my pc and logged back into it, I've already gone to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Foolish Kami, Feb 2, 2020.

1. PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account

I've already done the "Windows button+R" thing, and I've already taken off my Microsoft account on my pc and logged back into it, I've already gone to settings, and then to my account, and then to info, and everything is set up, and it still won't connect. I have spent the last 3 hours trying to figure this out because I want to download the Microsoft live wallpaper app. I got no clue what to do please help.

:)

Foolish Kami, Feb 2, 2020
  2. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Feb 2, 2020
  3. grumpgrin Win User
    Adding PC to Microsoft account list of devices

Hello,

I go into Microsoft account and look under list of devices and it tells me that there are no devices associated with the Microsoft Account. Really? That is strange because the PC I am using is signed in on the Microsoft account. Because the device is not
    listed, it is causing problems with some apps and stuff.

From support around adding devices, it would seem you can only add win 10 devices? So is this why my PC is invisible - because it is running 8.1?

By the way, I have tried waiting for 30 days and it does not automatically appear. I have also signed in with a local and then redone with a Microsoft account and that does nothing either.

Any suggestions please?

regards,

grumpgrin, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account

Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account

1. PC wont connect as a device on my microsoft account - Similar Threads - wont connect device

2. my pc wont connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my pc wont connect to internet: just got a new pc only to find out it wont connect to any internet connections. it doesn’t show the 802.11 connection in the network adapters. my friend owns the same one as me and his has that but i do not. does anyone know how to fix it? if so please let me know...
  3. my pc wont connect to microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my pc wont connect to microsoft store: I recently deleted the user account on my PC to start afresh with a different username.everything was working fine when I was using the old USER account but now I can't log in to my Microsoft account from settings. it keeps telling me "something went wrong, try again later" I...
  4. my pc wont connect to microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc wont connect to microsoft store: I recently deleted the user account on my PC to start afresh with a different username.everything was working fine when I was using the old USER account but now I can't log in to my Microsoft account from settings. it keeps telling me "something went wrong, try again later" I...
  5. my pc wont connect to microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Minecraft ps4 account wont connect to my Microsoft account. Is there a way to fix it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Minecraft ps4 account wont connect to my Microsoft account. Is there a way to fix it?: I cannot seem to be able to connect my Minecraft ps4 account to my Microsoft account because it always says that the account is connected to another PlayStation network even do I haven't connected the account to any other PlayStation networks and even when I make a new...
  7. Microsoft store account devices wont unlink

Microsoft store account devices wont unlink: Hi, i am currently having some trouble unlinking devices in my microsoft store account https://account.microsoft.com/devices/content it usually says that the device has been unlinked but now it says Try again later… We can’t unlink this laptop right now I have no idea...
  8. connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account

connecting pc as a device on another microsoft account: I downloaded Minecraft java before 2018 and thus got the game minecraft for windows for free. Now the issue is, my pc is running on a different microsoft acount my university account which lets us have windows 10 for free. I was wondering if there is any way I can still...
  9. Pc with account wont let it acces as a device

Pc with account wont let it acces as a device: I have a pc that has a connected microsoft account but for some reason it isn't a device on my microsoft account please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-with-account-wont-let-it-acces-as-a-device/9ea46354-531f-47ed-b9fd-13d1d3714131
  10. Connected Devices with Microsoft Account

Connected Devices with Microsoft Account: When I click settings > Phone > manage connected devices I get my Phone Galaxy C9 Pro and three Desktops. But I have only one connected desktop. Where do the other ones come from? Which one my genuine Windows Desktop? How do I find it out and rename the same so that I can...