Windows 10: Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10

Discus and support Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10 How to Re-order Folder Groups Inside a Library in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10

How to: Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10

How to Re-order Folder Groups Inside a Library in Windows 10

Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place.

By default, included them. You can move up and down the folders to arrange them in any order you like.

This tutorial will show you how to re-order folder groups inside a library in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Before and after re-order folder groups inside library

Here's How:

1. Open File Explorer (Win+E), and do step 2, step 3, or step 4 below for how you would like to re-order folder groups in a library.

2. Open step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

3. Open step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. While you have a library (ex: Pictures) open, click/tap on the "Library Tools" Manage tab, click/tap on the Manage library button on the ribbon, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Select an step 8)

6. Click/tap on Move up or Move down for what is available to re-order the selected folder how you want. (see screenshots below step 8)

7. Repeat step 5 and step 6 for any other folders in the library you want to re-order.

8. When finished, click/tap on OK to apply. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 27, 2017
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10

Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 26, 2019
  5. rk3066 Win User
    Add a Folder from Windows 10 HDD

Hi,

Want to Add a Folder from my HDD that has Windows 10. How would I do that? Can't seem to Access from the Library Browse...

rk3066, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How do I restore my playlists in the Windows Media Player library

Hi,

In order for the playlist to reappear in your Window Media Player, we suggest that you add it again to your library. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open your Window Media Player.
    • Click the Organize button, then Manage libraries.
    • On the drop-down menu, select the appropriate media (ex. Music).
    • Select the folder you want to add to your library.
    • Click Add, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10

1. Re-order Library Folders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - order Library Folders

2. How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder: I have a "Set List" folder with lyric files. I need to be able to arrange these files in any order I choose to match a set list. I see no way in Windows I can do this. This should be as simple as dragging a file to a different location within my lyrics folder. IS there any...
  3. How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder: I have a "Set List" folder with lyric files. I need to be able to arrange these files in any order I choose to match a set list. I see no way in Windows I can do this. This should be as simple as dragging a file to a different location within my lyrics folder. IS there any...
  4. How to re-arrange the order of files within a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. RE: Windows 10 - Ordering Folders Manually i.e., Not Alphabetically or Numerically

RE: Windows 10 - Ordering Folders Manually i.e., Not Alphabetically or Numerically: I want to be able to order folders in a sequence that makes sense to me. For some sub-folders, alphabetically works fine for me but for others ... not so much. For reasons I don't understandthere are some folders that allow me to position sub-folders however I want I don't...
  6. Duplicate libraries-library folders

Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  7. Libraries folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Libraries folder: Hello, in my Windows 10 pro, I have on the left pane a folder called Libraries. I would like to change the name and possibly change the ugly icon. I know I can hide it. But that wont help because I can not create a custom made folder in the left pane. Is there a way through...
  8. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  9. Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Folder in library does not exist, cannot delete library folder: The first clue that I have an issue. After doing a backup, the error log said "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file D:\Documents\Pictures. Error*SadSTATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))"The Pictures Library contains a folder pointing to D:\Documents\Pictures, however,...
  10. Include Folder to Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Include Folder to Library in Windows 10: How to: Include Folder or Drive to Library in Windows 10 How to Include Folder or Drive to a Library in Windows 10 Libraries gather folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. You can include folders and drives to a library as you...