Windows 10: remote assistance

Discus and support remote assistance in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What happens when I enable remote assistance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-assistance/cb5205e8-e974-42b6-b23a-afb413d11b49 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mariejack22, Nov 7, 2019.

1. remote assistance

What happens when I enable remote assistance

:)

mariejack22, Nov 7, 2019

2. Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Remote Settings

How to Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Windows

Windows Remote Assistance lets someone you trust, such as a friend or technical support person whom you have contacted, take over your PC and fix a problem from wherever they are.

Remote Assistance is enabled by default in Windows, so you may want to disable Remote Assistance when not needed since it can be a security risk.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable allowing Remote Assistance connections to your Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 computer.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable Remote Assistance connections.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Remote Settings
    • Option Two: Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections using a BAT file

remote assistance [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    remote assistance [​IMG]
    Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections in Remote Settings
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on the Remote settings link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

remote assistance [​IMG]

3. Do step 4 (enable) or step 5 (disable) below for what you want.

4. To Enable Remote Assistance Connections
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Check the Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer box, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6. (see screenshots below)

*note If you like, you can click/tap on the Advanced button before clicking on OK to set limits for the use of Remote Assistance on your computer.

remote assistance [​IMG]

remote assistance [​IMG]

5. To Disable Remote Assistance Connections
    A) Uncheck the Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer box, click/tap on OK, and go to step 6. (see screenshot below)

remote assistance [​IMG]

6. You can now close the System control panel window if you like.

remote assistance [​IMG]
    OPTION TWO
    remote assistance [​IMG]
    Enable or Disable Remote Assistance Connections using a BAT file
    1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you want.

2. To Enable Remote Assistance Connections
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4.

Enable_Remote_Assistance_connections.bat

*note Contents of .bat file:
    Code:
    remote assistance [​IMG]

3. To Disable Remote Assistance Connections
    A) Click/tap on the download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4.

Disable_Remote_Assistance_connections.bat

*note Contents of .bat file:
    Code:
    remote assistance [​IMG]

4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Right click or press and hold on the downloaded .bat file, and click/tap on Run as administrator.

7. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes to approve.

8. You will now notice an elevated command prompt quickly open and close to enable or disable Remote Assistance.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Remote Assistance

Hi Darlene,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Are the computers connected to domain?

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed in your computer?
    Reference: Meanwhile you may follow the suggestions in the below article and check if it helps. With Remote Desktop Connection, you can sit at a PC and connect to another PC in a different location (the remote
    PC).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/remote-desktop-connection-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: You may open the Start menu and click on search bar to access search bar. Except the search bar option, everything will work in Windows 10 as suggested in the above article. You may not access some of
    the computers if they are connected to domain. If you can see the sign-in screen of the remote PC but you can't sign in, you might not have been added to the Remote Desktop Users Group or to any group with administrator rights on the remote
    PC. Ask your system admin to do this for you.

If the computers are connected to domain, you may post your query in Microsoft TechNet forum. We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same
    query in Microsoft TechNet forum for further assistance with this issue.

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

remote assistance

How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

remote assistance

1. remote assistance - Similar Threads - remote assistance

2. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: remote assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/cf9c7ab8-a697-4bcf-a202-ec6f40380b13
  3. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: remote assist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/cf9c7ab8-a697-4bcf-a202-ec6f40380b13
  4. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: can you please help me my internet wont connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/1db38612-337c-48df-8982-f9bf4ce597a5
  5. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems: can you please help me my internet wont connect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-use-remote-assistance-to-fix-my-internet/1db38612-337c-48df-8982-f9bf4ce597a5
  6. can you use remote assistance to fix my internet problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.: Hi Team, We are facing an issue with MSRA being unable to take assistance to the users May I know which network port should we need to enable for this? Kindly guide us on this issue....
  8. Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.

Unable to take Remote assistance MSRA to the end user.: Hi Team, We are facing an issue with MSRA being unable to take assistance to the users May I know which network port should we need to enable for this? Kindly guide us on this issue....
  9. Hi team I am facing problem in quick assist when I take remote connection so I can not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi team I am facing problem in quick assist when I take remote connection so I can not...: Hi team I am facing problem in quick assist when I take remote connection so I can not control the screenshot I get other pc in full view but I do not see cursor please help meI have updated window ,network is stable ,remote connection on ,firewall allow setting...
  10. Hi team I am facing problem in quick assist when I take remote connection so I can not...

Hi team I am facing problem in quick assist when I take remote connection so I can not...: Hi team I am facing problem in quick assist when I take remote connection so I can not control the screenshot I get other pc in full view but I do not see cursor please help meI have updated window ,network is stable ,remote connection on ,firewall allow setting...