Windows 10: Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back

Discus and support Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am talking about devices that are activated with a digital license linked to your account. If you remove it from the web site where it is listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sdowney717, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back

I am talking about devices that are activated with a digital license linked to your account.
    If you remove it from the web site where it is listed under your account, and then go to add it back in to your account, does it just reactivate on your account without having keys or codes or doing anything special, as in it remembers the device used to be linked with a digital license to your account?
    If you delete it from your online account, does the device loose its activation?

I was thinking what if I accidentally deleted it, or someone who had access to my account maliciously deleted it from my account. See, I have no clue about any activation key etc...anymore.

screen of the relevant management page.

:)

sdowney717, Jan 17, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jan 17, 2019
  4. flemmingk Win User

Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back

1. Remove a PC from accounts Microsoft device, can you easily add it back - Similar Threads - Remove accounts Microsoft

2. If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?: I accidently removed my laptop from my Microsoft account can I add it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-accidently-removed-a-device-from-my-microsoft/25d7513c-8424-4f76-8236-e8dbb391c5f5
  3. If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I accidently removed a device from my Microsoft account, can I add it again?: I accidently removed my laptop from my Microsoft account can I add it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-accidently-removed-a-device-from-my-microsoft/25d7513c-8424-4f76-8236-e8dbb391c5f5
  4. Removing Device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Device from Microsoft account: So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders...
  5. Removing Device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Device from Microsoft account: So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders...
  6. Microsoft account add device PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account add device PC?: I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition for my son and want to install it on his new gaming laptop. I do not see his laptop listed in the devices registered to the Microsoft account. Every link I try that should lead me to adding the device to the account, only gives the...
  7. Can i add a pc back into my microsoft account remotely?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can i add a pc back into my microsoft account remotely?: I recently removed a pc from my microsoft acvount using my phone. I'm a long way away from it and want to log back in to use the Find My Device feature. Is that possible? Can i add it back onto mt microsoft devices list remotely.? I can still see it there but i remotely...
  8. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: How does one remove a device from Microsoft accounts. I believe the help file is outdated and there is no way do do that this moment. Recently updated Win to 2004. This might be the problem. The live agent was clueless and he and I were looking at completely different things...
  9. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: I have two computers connected with my Microsoft account. Currently I want to remove one of them from the Microsoft account. I was wondering if I can remove it without any unpleasant consequences to the Windows activation? Thank you for the replay...
  10. Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account: How to: Add or Remove Trusted Devices for Microsoft Account How to Add or Remove Trusted Devices Associated with your Microsoft Account When you try to view or edit sensitive info related to your Microsoft accountlike your credit card detailsMicrosoft might ask you for...