Windows 10: Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu in Windows 10

Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information By default, users can right click on This PC (navigation pane) and click/tap on the Manage context menu item to open Computer Management.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Manage on the This PC context menu for specific or all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the Manage context menu item.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu using Local Group Policy Editor
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Manage context menu item for This PC

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu using Local Group Policy Editor

Note The Local Group Policy Editor is only available in the Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the all users except administrators Local Group Policy Editor for how you want this policy applied.

2. In the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor, click/tap on to expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, and File Explorer. (See screenshot below)

3. In the right pane of File Explorer, double click/tap on Hides the Manage item on the File Explorer context menu to edit it. (see screenshot above)

4. Do step 5 (add) or step 6 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

5. To Add Manage to This PC Context Menu
    A) Select (dot) either Not Configured or Disabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

NOTE: Not Configured is the default setting.

6. To Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu
    A) Select (dot) Enabled, click/tap on OK, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

7. When finished, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu using a REG file

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry keys below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoManageMyComputerVerb DWORD

(delete) = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (allow) or step 3 (prevent) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Manage to This PC Context Menu for All Users
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Manage_to_This-PC_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Manage_from_This-PC_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Oct 20, 2017
  2. Bree Win User

Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

3. BC66 Win User
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

4. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
  5. unit365 Win User
    Device manager in This PC context menu for windows 10

Hi all,

I look for adding Device manager in THIS PC context menu.
    The tip for win 8x don't work with 10.
    Tried to use reg files from here:
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...text-menu.html

Or maybe there is an app witch doing this, but not found.

Thanks

unit365, Oct 26, 2019
  6. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Manage Context

2. Remove Edge from Open With Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Edge from Open With Context Menu: How do I Remove the Microsoft Edge entry from the Open With > Context Menu please? . . . The particular File shown is a .PDF [ Save As PDF ] File. I have looked in the HKCU and HKLM of the Registry, and File Associations, but to NO avail. I did search @Brinks Tutorials but I...
  3. Remove Move to OneDrive from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Move to OneDrive from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Want to get rid of the Move to OneDrive option from right-click context menu in Windows 10? This tutorial will help you remove the Move to OneDrive option from the context menu on your Windows 10 PC. The Move to OneDrive feature enables you to save your files to...
  4. How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?

How to remove 'author' from Context Menu ?: Disk Management has 'author' in its Context Menu. Google seems to be unaware of it, so cannot give me removal guidance. Registry has about twenty entries for Author, that also have 'context'. Any suggestions for removing 'author' ?...
  5. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  6. Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove 'Print' and 'Edit' From The Context Menu: I am looking for a way to remove the Print and Edit commands from the context menu when I right click on photos. I never use either and I already have a lot of items in the menu. Hopefully the screenshot is attached right. It shows you the top of my context menu with the two...
  7. remove OneDrive options from context menu

remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  8. Device manager in This PC context menu for windows 10

Device manager in This PC context menu for windows 10: Hi all, I look for adding Device manager in THIS PC context menu. The tip for win 8x don't work with 10. Tried to use reg files from here: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...text-menu.html Or maybe there is an app witch doing this, but not found. Thanks 17529
  9. Remove from context menu

Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  10. Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Manage BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add an item to This PC background context menu www.windowsphoneinfo.com