Windows 10: Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10 Add or Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu and Properties in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10

How to: Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10

Add or Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu and Properties in Windows 10

Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can try to restore it from a previous version.

The Windows Backup.

If a file, folder, or drive was not included in a Windows Backup, then there will be no previous versions available for it.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Previous Versions tab from Properties and Restore previous versions from context menu for all users in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove these items, all users will be able to use them if added.

EXAMPLE: "Restore previous versions" context menu and "Previous Versions" tab in Properties

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Restore previous versions" context menu and "Previous Versions" tab in Properties
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Previous_Versions_to_Properties_and_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Restore previous versions" context menu and "Previous Versions" tab in Properties
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Previous_Versions_from_Properties_and_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 8, 2018
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10

Issue with opening properties in context menu

Original Title: properties

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Oct 26, 2019
  5. Issue with opening properties in context menu

Ignoring the fact that my "issue" was bloody self-explanatory.

1. I am not able to open ANY properties for ANY particular file or folder. Give me a step by step fix, please.

2. No, I did NOT get any error messages. Yet, my properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

3. No, I did NOT make any recent changes before the issue started.
    Give me a step by step fix, please.

My properties cannot be opened in context menu. Give me a step by step fix, please.

Just give me the location please., Oct 26, 2019
  6. Bree Win User
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

Thema:

Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10

1. Remove Previous Versions from Context Menu & Properties in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Previous Versions

2. Remove Move to OneDrive from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Remove Move to OneDrive from Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Want to get rid of the Move to OneDrive option from right-click context menu in Windows 10? This tutorial will help you remove the Move to OneDrive option from the context menu on your Windows 10 PC. The Move to OneDrive feature enables you to save your files to...
  3. How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When most of your attempts in finding a file on your computer fail or do not yield the desired results, you try to restore it […] This article How to remove Restore previous versions entry from the Context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  4. How to remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you do not want to allow other users of your PC access to the Recycle Bin Properties panel, then this post will help you […] This article How to remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. remove OneDrive options from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove OneDrive options from context menu: [ATTACH] how do i remove onedrive options from this context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-onedrive-options-from-context-menu/a3938520-a49d-401e-a5a6-29e6f01f5a26
  6. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  7. No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar properties in the context menu of the taskbar: Hi guys, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and after sometime I noticed that when I right-click on the taskbar I don't have "Properties" option which normally should be. Could you please help me to sort it out. Thank you. 62126
  8. Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard...
  9. Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Remove Manage from This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Manage on This PC Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, users can right click on This PC (navigation pane) and click/tap on the Manage context menu item to open...
  10. Add Desktop Background File Location context menu in Windows 8 & 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Desktop Background File Location context menu in Windows 8 & 10: How to: Add Desktop Background File Location context menu in Windows 8 & 10 How to Add Desktop Background File Location context menu in Windows 8 and Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection, Bing Desktop,...