Windows 10: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

Discus and support Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows How to Reset All Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

How to: Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

How to Reset All Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows

Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows [​IMG]
    Information Local Security Policy (secpol.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in with rules that administrators can configure on a computer or multiple devices for the purpose of protecting resources on a device or network. The Security Settings extension of the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) snap-in allows you to define security configurations as part of a Group Policy Object (GPO).

This tutorial will show you how to quickly reset all Local Security Policy settings back to default in XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to reset all Local Security Policy settings.

Note This will not reset Local Security Policy settings for a computer connected to a domain using Active Directory. The network administrator controls these settings instead.

Local Security Policy will only be available in:
    • XP Professional
    • Vista Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.
    • Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.
    • Windows 8 Pro and Enterprise editions.
    • Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

EXAMPLE: Local Security Policy settings

Here's How:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Enter the command below for your Windows, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    (For Windows XP)
    *Arrow secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

(For Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10)
    *Arrow secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose
    3. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

4. Restart the computer to fully apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 6, 2017
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 26, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hello Jackie,

To answer your question on how to access/obtain Local Security Policy, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you logged in to your computer as an administrator?
    • What edition of Windows 10 are you using? (e.g. Home, Pro, or Enterprise)

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Oct 26, 2019
  5. FAXA Win User
    Reseting monitor to default settings?

Is it possibel to reset the monitor to default settings?

My problem is that I accidently set the monitor to 100Hz, so it went black in windows. I can get into safe mode with no problems, but in normal mode the monitor stays black. Is it possible to set the Hz in safe mode? I can't access the NVIDIA control panel in safe mode, and the monitor properties say 'Use Defaults'.

Monitor model is: Dell D1226H.

Thanks

FAXA

6. Local security policy

I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?

bashscript, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Reset Local Security Policy Settings to Default in Windows - Similar Threads - Reset Local Security

2. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  3. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Local security policy: Hello,Im looking to make some changes to my devices password policy.But when i try and make changes to the anything under the password & account lockout policy, all the fields arent editable.Ive looked to see if the same issue is prevalent on other users, but i found thats...
  4. Device Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  6. Local Security Policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Security Policy: I have decided to take a go at Windows Pro. I'm running Windows 11 Pro; the experience has been very enjoyable. I was wondering though, if anyone knew of a "standard" local security policy and group policy? Maybe like a best-practices for security? I generally tear through...
  7. Local Security Policy Reset After Updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Security Policy Reset After Updates: I manage a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop that has its own local auditing policies. It has never touched a domain so has no AD policies over-riding the local policies. The policies are set in secpol.msc. When an update is applied some items are reset to the default, not all...
  8. local security policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local security policies: i am unable to find local policies . i have tried gpedit.msc or secpol.msc but an error message occures every time . what do i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-security-policies/a1fcf504-90ad-4780-a8c1-8afd19e7e6e0
  9. Local security policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local security policy: I am having trouble accessing my Local security policy settings, I am logged in as the administrator the secpol.msc command does not work and cannot be found by the OS. Is this feature disabled on windows 10 home? and if so why?...
  10. Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Local Group Policy Editor Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset All Local Group Policy Settings to Default in Windows 10 [img] Information The Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that provides a...