Windows 10: Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account

Discus and support Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Yesterday I've updated my windows from build 1803 to 1903. As I encountered some problems with Activation (Free Digital License) I have used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KaesuSama, Aug 6, 2019.

1. KaesuSama Win User

Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account

Hello,

Yesterday I've updated my windows from build 1803 to 1903. As I encountered some problems with Activation (Free Digital License) I have used slmgr.vbs /upk without writing down the Key(I thought I have it written down somewhere). I have tried to restore but couldn't because of an error about antivirus or something like that.

I have proceeded to buy a new Digital License but I have noticed I have 2 PC's in my Microsoft account one on build 1803 the other on 1903.

Is it possible that the 1803 build to still have the Activation key attached? Or can you explain why it's there?

It is the same PC.

Have a good day!

Regards,

Kaesu

Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account ea347d30-f3ea-4a8e-88bf-0be7c8a3a1e0?upload=true.jpg Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account b838f58f-90e2-4f88-9c79-672fde413ff6?upload=true.jpg Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account e69fe211-4867-4446-a8f7-70606e325c4b?upload=true.jpg

***Modified title from: I have 2 PC's showing up in my Microsoft Live Account***

:)

KaesuSama, Aug 6, 2019
  2. gjdunga Win User

My Device is listed twice in my Microsoft Account Device List

Hello,

My Device is listed twice in my Microsoft Account Device List.

How should I go about getting them merged?

gjdunga, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Too many devices in Microsoft Account

Hello JJ, Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account :)

Yep, that would be the reason why the PC is listed more than once as a device for your Microsoft account.

Each different computer name will be listed as a separate device.

The tutorial below can help show you how to remove the devices you want.

Microsoft Account - Remove Devices Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
  4. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Same showing twice

2. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  3. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  4. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. E Drive showing up twice under "This PC" in File Expolorer

E Drive showing up twice under "This PC" in File Expolorer: So I use my C Drive mostly for games and other things as it is an SSD and my E drive is a hard disc drive. I move the location of some small files that don't require fast loading times like Pictures and Downloads in the E drive. Now for some reason it shows the E drive with...
  6. Same computer showing on Microsoft Account twice after motherboard replaced.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Same computer showing on Microsoft Account twice after motherboard replaced.: Hello, My HP computer crashed after performing a Microsoft update, fortunately and unfortunately the computer was brand new ~3 months old and under HP warranty. HP replaced the motherboard and when I received it back the computer name had changed from the name I had given...
  7. "Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC"

"Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC": I have encountered a strange problem with the file system in Windows 10. I was moving the locations ofDocuments, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. to a spinning media drive to free up space on my 512 GB SSD when theMusic library suddenly showed up twice under "This PC" in theFile...
  8. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  9. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  10. Same address twice in User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Same address twice in User Accounts: Using Netplwiz, I notice in my User Accounts I have the same User Name twice. Actually it is the same email address twice. Both are administrators under Group. My question is, can I remove one of those without having my computer going into meltdown. Please advise. 33117

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my device is listed twice in microsoft account

2. same device on microsoft account twice

3. microsoft family same device listed with different names