Windows 10: See Current System Locale in Windows 10

Discus and support See Current System Locale in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: See Current System Locale in Windows 10 How to See Current System Locale in Windows 10 The system locale controls the language used when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Scottyboy99, Jun 19, 2018.

1. See Current System Locale in Windows 10

How to: See Current System Locale in Windows 10

How to See Current System Locale in Windows 10

The system locale controls the language used when displaying text on programs that do not support Unicode.

This setting has three main purposes:
    • Specifies the default ANSI, OEM, MAC, and EBCDIC code pages to use for non-Unicode programs.
    • Specifies some of the font linking preferences for CJK fonts and for legacy bitmap fonts.
    • Specifies application behavior when developers incorrectly use this setting rather than the DEFAULT USER LOCALE.
    See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to see what the current system locale language is for non-Unicode programs in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: See Current System Locale in Administrative Language Settings
    • Option Two: See Current System Locale in System Information (wininfo32)
    • Option Three: See Current System Locale in Command Prompt
    • Option Four: See Current System Locale in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] See Current System Locale in Administrative Language Settings
    1. Do step 2 (Control Panel) or step 3 (Settings) for how you would like to open administrative language settings.

2. Open the step 4 below.

3. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Time & Language icon.
    A) Click/tap on Language on the left side, click/tap on the Administrative language settings link on the right side under Related settings, and go to step 4 below. (see screenshot below)

See Current System Locale in Windows 10 [​IMG]

4. Click/tap on the Administrative tab. The current system locale (ex: "English (United States)") will be shown in the Language for non-Unicode programs section. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] See Current System Locale in System Information (wininfo32)
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type wininfo32 into Run, and click/tap on OK to open System Information.

2. Click/tap on System Summary in the left pane, and look for Locale in the right pane to see the current system locale (ex: "United States"). (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] See Current System Locale in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow systeminfo | findstr /B /C:”System Locale”

OPTION FOUR [/i] See Current System Locale in PowerShell
    *note For more Get-WinSystemLocale command usage details, see: Get-WinSystemLocale | Microsoft Docs
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow Get-WinSystemLocale

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Scottyboy99, Jun 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. See Current System Locale in Windows 10

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Unable to access Local Disks (CSee Current System Locale in Windows 10 :), (DSee Current System Locale in Windows 10 :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

See Current System Locale in Windows 10

1. See Current System Locale in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Current System Locale

2. System Locale

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Locale: Hello, why can't I untick the "Beta: Use Unicode UTF-8 for worldwide language support" box? It used to be tickable, but now I can't untick it. I want to untick it, please help me.[ATTACH]...
  3. Can't see local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see local network: Though I have internet access through an Ethernet connection through my router, I can't see the router or any of the drives attached. I previously used such a shared drive for backup, but can no longer access the drive, nor can I see another networked computer. This started...
  4. Problem with Current local time.

Problem with Current local time.: Hi everyone, I have a problem with the UTC. After I select my City (UTC+2h) on date/time settings, the time shows wrong (only UTC), it doesn`t increment with 2 hours. Please help me solve this problem. Thanks. I run Windows 10 Pro x64...
  5. Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10

Registry key for current system date and time on Windows 10: Hi Does anyone know what is the registry key for setting system date and time on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-key-for-current-system-date-and-time-on/cd96b48b-e638-466e-a72a-0489392cc6ad
  6. duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    duplicate current admin settings of local account to a local user account on same system: So I have set up everything as I want it with an admin account on a fresh install of win 10 home . Now I want to have 1 user account and 1 admin account for security reason (the same user for both accounts). How do I duplicate all the settings and apps I currently have on the...
  7. Change System Locale in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change System Locale in Windows 10: How to: Change System Locale in Windows 10 How to Change System Locale in Windows 10 The system locale controls the language used when displaying text on programs that do not support Unicode. Changing the system locale will not affect the language in menus and...
  8. See All Current Threats in Windows Security for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See All Current Threats in Windows Security for Windows 10: How to: See All Current Threats in Windows Security for Windows 10 How to See All Current Threats in Windows Security for Windows 10 Windows 10 provides the latest antivirus protection with Windows Security. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows...
  9. See Default System Language of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See Default System Language of Windows 10: How to: See System Default UI Language of Windows 10 How to See System Default UI Language of Windows 10 The system default UI language is the language of the localized version used to set up Windows during installation. All menus, dialog boxes, error messages, and help...
  10. See System Information in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See System Information in Windows 10: How to: See System Information in Windows 10 How to See System Information About Windows 10 The System Information tool displays a comprehensive view of the hardware, system components, and software environment on the local computer. This tutorial will show you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wininfo32