Windows 10: Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10

Discus and support Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay Send to Context Menu Build in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10

How to: Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Delay Send to Context Menu Build in Windows 10

The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped) folder, Desktop (create shortcut), Documents, Fax recipient, Mail recipient, and removable and network drives.

The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped) folder, Desktop (create shortcut), Documents, Fax recipient, Mail recipient, and removable and network drives.

By default when you right click on a file or folder, items in the SendTo folder are built (enumerated) before you even click/tap the on the Send to context menu.

Sometimes drives may cause a delay when trying to open the Send to context menu while you are waiting on them to connect or spin back up if turned off after being idle. Setting to have the Send to context menu items to be built only when you click/tap on or hover over the actual Send to context menu can help improve the speed of opening other context menus by not having to wait on the Send to menu items to be built first.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable delay Send to context menu build for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable delay Send to context menu build.

The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

DelaySendToMenuBuild DWORD

(delete) = Disable delay Send to menu build
    1 = Enable delay Send to menu build

EXAMPLE: Send to context menu

Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2 To Enable Delay Send to Context Menu Build
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_delay_SendTo_context_menu_build.reg

Download

3 To Disable Delay Send to Context Menu Build
    This is the default setting.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_delay_SendTo_context_menu_build.reg

Download
    4 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7 sign in to apply.

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 8, 2017

2. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10

Hello Bob, Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 :)

I just checked on build 17639, and it appears to still be working for me.

The context menu width will always automatically adjust to the text in it. If enabled, the text should appear a bit darker to help tell the difference.

It appears that you are using a custom skin or context menu though since that it not how the context menu looks like by default in Windows 10.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. ilyazeld Win User
    How to add WIN 10 Mail to "Send to" context menu

In the past, I used the WLM as my default mail client and the "Send to" option in the right click context menu worked just fine. Now WLM is discontinued and WIN 10 Mail is my default mail client. However, I cannot find a way how to add the WIN 10 Mail to
    the "Send to" menu.

May someone please suggest how to add the WIN 10 Mail, or Outlook.com to the "Send to" menu

ilyazeld, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Jelu Cal Win User
    Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Send Context Menu

2. remove Bluetooth on "Send To" context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Bluetooth on "Send To" context menu: How about this one? Is there a way to remove Bluetooth on the "Send To" context menu? [img] 172250
  3. delayed action to open sub context menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    delayed action to open sub context menu: After opening the context menu there is a 20 second delay to open 'New' in the sub context menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delayed-action-to-open-sub-context-menu/6d869444-2fdb-44ce-951b-ab5c93cf6fba"
  4. Send attachment from windows context menu

in Browsers and Email
    Send attachment from windows context menu: Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone can help me find a way to add an email client to the Send To context menu in Windows 10? Here's what I want to be able to do: 1. Right click file or files 2. Choose Send To> Mail Client 3. Have a blank email draft open with the...
  5. Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Emoji Picker Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows Starting with Google Chrome 68, you can set a flag for an experimental feature to enable or disable the Emoji picker...
  6. Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 You can open a context menu in the Start Menu by right clicking or pressing and holding on an app's tile on the Start screen or...
  7. Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Taskbar Context Menus in Windows 10 When you perform one of the actions below, you will see a taskbar context menu. Right click or press and hold on the taskbar Press and hold Shift...
  8. Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay of Running Startup Apps in Windows 10 signs in to Windows. Startup items can be added by either the programs or drivers installed, or manually by you. By default, Windows will run...
  9. Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10 A context menu is a menu in a graphical user interface (GUI) that appears when you right-click on an item in Windows. A context menu offers a limited set...
  10. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...