Windows 10: Some problems in windows 10

Discus and support Some problems in windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I just had to reset my pc because of some problems, and the store and other apps wasn't working. I've looked up of the problem in the internet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheStrangeTeste, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Some problems in windows 10

So I just had to reset my pc because of some problems, and the store and other apps wasn't working. I've looked up of the problem in the internet and fixed it with Tweaking.com software. But now, Groove music keeps getting stuck at setting things up. I also wanted to restore shortcuts from the windows.old folder to my current folder, but it isn't changing anything. Also cortana and windows search wont work. It just keeps showing these circles at the top when i start searching. These circles are moving. How do I fix these problems?

:)

TheStrangeTeste, Jun 2, 2017

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Jun 2, 2017
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Jun 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Some problems in windows 10

As you've just reset your PC you might prefer now to do a clean install given your multiple problems.

Before you do that, I suggest you check your disk in case there is a fundamental issue there, given you've previously had problems.
    Download and run
    Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)
    and post its GUI here.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  5. about the problem, the only problem now is groove music being stuck and cortana. Start menu folders were restored by editing start menu settings. Right now downloading hard disk sentinel.

6. Some problems in windows 10 [​IMG]

7. dalchina New Member
    Ok, that's good.

First do this routine maintenance procedure in case sthg has happened to your file system:

From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.

Then from the Tutorial section, which you're free to browse and search, try the appropriate actions from
    Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    and there's
    Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

and run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter
    - are you sure Windows search is actually a problem? Check you Indexing Options and whether indexed search using file explorer works. (Cortana is just a front end to that and significantly more limited as far as files and folders are concerned).
    Troubleshoot Problems in Windows 10 with Troubleshooters Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

- I don't know why you'd want to do that - please explain..

I have my doubts you'll restore functionality completely or reliably somehow..

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  8. Some problems in windows 10

I could live without groove music and cortana, though, it's gonna be harder to find stuff. I wanted to restore shortcuts from my windows.old folder because the current installiation didn't have all the stuff before I reset the laptop. I could not find for example paint. While re registering apps, it shows an error about cortana, to re register it the app needs to be closed. I tried ending task, stoping the serivce but nothing helps.

9. Some problems in windows 10 [​IMG]
    here's how it looks.

10. oh yea, the error here about the groove music was because i forgot to close groove music. But even with it closed it still is stuck at this:
    Some problems in windows 10 [​IMG]

11. dalchina New Member
    You should either do a clean install or an in-place upgrade repair.

IF you reset your PC and kept nothing, then the former.

If you reset your PC and kept installed programs and data, then...
    - if it would be a significant job after clean installing to reconfigure your PC then try an in-place upgrade repair.
    - if you have a full backup of your data and little installed, then clean install.

Guides to these actions are available in the Tutorial section.

dalchina, Jun 2, 2017
  12. right now, I just fixed cortana, by trying to remove it, but i failed, because SearchUI was too quick to reopen. But now, cortana can search properly! I am thinking about removing groove music and reinstalling it again. I've seen how to reinstall store from avoiderros.net, but i don't know how to do the same with groove music
    =.

13. dalchina New Member

See second link in my #5.
    Make sure you follow the appropriate instructions at the top of the relevant section.

Please feel free to familiarise yourself with the very extensive Tutorial section, which you're free to search and browse.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Some problems in windows 10 - Similar Threads - problems

2. Problem with dpc watchdog violation windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with dpc watchdog violation windows 11: Hello,My Lenovo Yoga 7 laptop is having BSOD since i bought it. First it was on Win 10, it was unable to resume from sleep mode, the guys from Lenovo told me to install windows 11. For a while everything was ok, or so i thought. Not long after i started using the laptop as my...
  3. Problem with dpc watchdog violation windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with dpc watchdog violation windows 11: Hello,My Lenovo Yoga 7 laptop is having BSOD since i bought it. First it was on Win 10, it was unable to resume from sleep mode, the guys from Lenovo told me to install windows 11. For a while everything was ok, or so i thought. Not long after i started using the laptop as my...
  4. anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...: my other account has been locked and i dont can acces to it i content the support they noy help so much and i dont know what to do i do recover account a but its not work with my phone number or my mom phone number my or my sis phone number if anyone haapend before i will be...
  5. anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...

anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...: my other account has been locked and i dont can acces to it i content the support they noy help so much and i dont know what to do i do recover account a but its not work with my phone number or my mom phone number my or my sis phone number if anyone haapend before i will be...
  6. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  7. Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death

Having continous problems with randomly occuring Blackscreens of Death: When using my Computer, wether playing Games, writing Emails or surfing in the Internet my Screen would randomly turn black and after a while my Computer freezes with what I assume is a Bluescreen, which I cannot see because of the Screen turning black.After manually...
  8. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  9. Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...

Hello, i've been playing valorant before without any problems. But suddenly in the middle...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000a, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffd501d2668180, 0x0000000000000002. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: cf06e1ab-ad2e-4335-bd47-ad3c2404af16.Does anyone know how to fix...
  10. windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 23h2 problems in digital signature: Hi... We are using USB Digital signature for official work. We are using OS Windows 11 23H2 . Once signature process completed, if we remove the USB digital signature from the Laptop ,it automatically closes all the applications and shutdown window will come. It is only in...