Windows 10: Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10

Discus and support Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; If you still have the ISO file, you could use the method in the tutorial below to see what its build number is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Night Hawk, Aug 19, 2015.

1. smileye Win User

Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10

I do , and I tried to use it, however I got this:

Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10 [​IMG]

What I'll do is just change the setting to Slow from Fast Insider
    (best work around ) .. as I don't want to reinstall apps etc .
    ( i think I've installed 3 to 4 Builds over the last few months ,
    all great build -- bar the last one
    where I couldn't run the game star citizen )

Thanks for the help Brink ..

smileye, Jan 30, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

In that case, it's not for the same build as you currently have installed since you won't be able to keep anything.

Brink, Jan 30, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 18, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

This tutorial has been updated to add: *Smile

Option Three: To Stop Receiving Insider Builds for your Windows 10 PC using a REG file

Brink, May 19, 2016
  5. meebers Win User
    I was an insider on my previous MB. Now with a new MB I have an activated W10 RTM version running.
    Goal is to have RTM on one drive and Insider ver on another drive like previous setup.
    So far I have not received any insider updates or do I have to d/l an insider iso and use my RTM key?
    Its been a year+ since I did this and the method has slipped thru the cracks...

meebers, Jun 11, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 11, 2016
  7. meebers Win User
    Yes I am in the fast ring since yesterday, moved it to slow for a while about an hour ago and now back to fast. Tx

meebers, Jun 11, 2016
  8. korso Win User

I am posting without too many hopes but there it goes. I wanted to check the insider program, but just before registering I changed mind, so I never accepted the terms and conditions, but now, Windows thinks I am part of the program, and displays my Microsoft account accordingly (see attached pic). Any chance I can remove it from there ? *Smile Much appreciated.

Should I be concerned regarding my data being sent (or just getting builds) to Microsoft for this program, even if I did not accept the terms?

Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10 [​IMG]

korso, Jul 29, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello korso, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

As long as you have not gone through all the steps to start getting Insider preview builds and still see the "Get started" button, you're installation will not be in the Insider program.

Brink, Jul 29, 2016
  10. korso Win User
    Thanks a lot Brink.

I guess I got a bit scared when I read the terms of the program. Specially the part where Microsoft says that will collect personal data and share it with third parties.

korso, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Start or Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Stop Receiving

2. Windows 11 Insider Build Preview

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Insider Build Preview: I wanted to know if there is any problem when we download the Windows 11 Insider Preview?Will it remove all the data from the previous windows 10 when we update to the insider build preview of windows 11?Is it safe?When the original windows 11 comes out can we update the...
  3. How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds?

How do I stop receiving the Windows insider preview builds?: Recently, I had signed up for the Windows Insider program, and selected Release preview Channel, to download the May 21H1 Windows 10 update. After installing that update, a new bug started appearing in my laptop, where the desktop icons turn black in color.So, I decided to...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 21327

Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 21327: hello please help I recently updated to build 21327 and now my problem is when I try to view my "OS build and System info" nothing opens. is there a fix for this, please?...
  5. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20180 wifi dosent work well had to drop back down a build to 20175. whats the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-build-20180/591a204e-19d0-44f9-b83d-7d986cb972ee
  6. insider preview builds

insider preview builds: i have tried multiple time to disable the insider preview builds but after i do and leave the page and go back the settings have reverted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insider-preview-builds/e7124306-1cee-4430-925e-0a91a104ccd4
  7. Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84: Hello, From where I can download .iso image of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19041.84. Please advise. Regards, Mohit Deshmukh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-insider-preview-build-1904184/5f2bc83b-99b0-40fa-ad6d-6de61ae4c417
  8. how to stop receiving windows insider notices or builds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop receiving windows insider notices or builds.: I am not a member of windows insider program yet I constantly receive their notices or updates which I do not want. The instructions state: settings>update/security>stop update builds. That 'stop' option does not appear. Only option displayed is 'Get started' Have no...
  9. Windows Insider 10 Preview Build

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Insider 10 Preview Build: Is anyone else had problems installing Norton Symantec Anti-Virus software while using the preview build. Thank you! M. Skaggs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-insider-10-preview-build/f1346ee3-de1f-4d61-9b01-4c6d9d2e1ce5"
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds - Stop Receiving

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds - Stop Receiving: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds - Stop Receiving How to Stop Receiving Insider Preview Builds on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information If you joined the Windows Insider Program on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, then you will get the latest Insider...