Windows 10: Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 Users can turn on or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10

Users can turn on or off transparency for the Start, taskbar, and action center for only their account in Windows 10. When users turn on transparency, it will have a blurred effect by default.

If you like, you can set Windows to have clear transparency for the taskbar instead of blurred when a user turns on transparency for their Start, taskbar, and action center.

Starting with Windows 10 April 2018 update version 1803, the taskbar has a new blur effect know as acrylic. This will make turning on clear transparency no longer have a clear glass like taskbar, but a somewhat blurred transparent taskbar instead now.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off having an acrylic taskbar transparency for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to turn on or off acrylic taskbar transparency.

CONTENTS:

EXAMPLE: Acrylic Taskbar Transparency On and Off

Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On Acrylic Taskbar Transparency

*note The downloadable .reg file below will add and modify the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency DWORD

1 = acrylic taskbar transparency

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Turn_On_acrylic_taskbar_transparency.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. Sign out and sign in to apply.

6. If a user likes, they will now need to turn on or transparency for the Start, taskbar, and action center to have acrylic taskbar transparency for their account.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency

*note This is the default setting.

The downloadable .reg file below will delete the DWORD in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

UseOLEDTaskbarTransparency DWORD

1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below.
    Turn_Off_acrylic_taskbar_transparency.reg

Download
    2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

4. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

5. Sign out and sign in to apply.

6. Users can now turn on or off transparency for the Start, taskbar, and action center, and will no longer have acrylic taskbar transparency.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 12, 2017

2. how to remove acrylic effect from taskbar ? and how to make taskbar more transparent in redstone 4?

You can use below tutorial for the same

Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 -
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/45018-turn-...

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

E for Excel, Oct 26, 2019
  3. tischot Win User

Since a week or so ago i added the clear transparency reg file for the taskbar. At normal use of my laptop the taskbar is acryllic. But somehow, whenever my laptop goes to power saving mode, the taskbar becomes clear (which i want it to be constantly). Is there an explaination/sollution to this?

tischot, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Kol12 Win User

Kol12, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User

Did you sign out/in or restart the computer to apply?

EDIT: Nope. Just an acrylic taskbar now instead of clear.

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. -MKANET- Win User
    How to revert back to older transpency effect from Acrylic transparency on Win10 Fall update?

The new "Acrylic" transparency effect for Windows 10 modern apps and Start Menu is way too too opaque. It looks almost as bad as turning transparency completely off.

Is there a way to revert back to the older transparency effect in Windows 10? The whole point of transparency is to be able to tell what's "behind" windows that are on top. Its not really possible to do that anymore with the almost opaque Acrylic transparency
    effect.

It doesn't appear there is any builtin ways to do this. Maybe, it's possible to use a 3rd party tool like Aero Tweaker or something like that? Thanks in advance!

-MKANET-, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Acrylic Taskbar Transparency in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Acrylic

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Turning Off at Startup: I'm a big fan of the transparency settings for the taskbar on Windows 10. Recently I've been using my laptop more for college so I turn my laptop off in between my study and class time to save battery. However, every time I start up my laptop the transparency effects aren't...
  3. How to Turn Off Transparency in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Turn Off Transparency in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Windows 11 comes with a new transparency effect in its UI. If you don’t like it, you can turn it off easily. In this guide, we show you two ways using which you can turn off transparency in Windows 11. To make Windows much beautiful and add fluid nature to them,...
  4. Start menu acrylic transparency.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu acrylic transparency.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Lingonberry_5859 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ni7min/start_menu_acrylic_transparency/
  5. Acrylic transparency not working after windows update.

Acrylic transparency not working after windows update.: I don't know how to start off this thread other than acrylic transparency does not work properly after an unknown update to my laptop, now the transparency is like the old windows 8/8.1 one no blur just transparency and some other things like the start menu, title bars, and...
  6. Acrylic transparency effects are gone on the Action Center, Taskbar, Start menu, and apps....

Acrylic transparency effects are gone on the Action Center, Taskbar, Start menu, and apps....: Hey guys! I know this is a small issue, but the acrylic transparency effects are gone. From the start menu to Microsoft Store apps. It kinda bothers me since I expect the update (May 2020 feature update version 2004) to fix the Action Center animation bug that my PC had. The...
  7. Taskbar doesn’t turn acrylic to solid when battery saver on

Taskbar doesn’t turn acrylic to solid when battery saver on: Somehow I think that I managed to get fucked my Windows 10 registry settings when playing with “Transparent Taskbar”, “TranslucentTB”, “FalconX” apps and right now my taskbar doesn’t turn their style to acrylic to solid, it stays with acrylic state and interestingly when...
  8. Windows 10 transparent taskbar

Windows 10 transparent taskbar: Today I reinstalled Windows 10 using the latest ISO from MS site. When it booted at first, the taskbar was 100% transparent and very sexy looking. However, after some restarts and software installs, the taskbar is now translucent instead of being completely transparent. I...
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency..

Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency..: How can i increase the Transparency in the Windows 10 Taskbar, and other things like Action center, Settings panel, Start Menu..? (and remove blur) Cheers! 107136
  10. Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Transparency Effects in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can turn on or off transparency effects for the Start, taskbar, and action center. This will also turn on or off the acryclic Fluent...