Windows 10: Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

Discus and support Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

How to: Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

How to Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Message List of Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

By default, all of your messages are grouped by conversation in the message list of the Mail app, which means messages with the same subject are grouped together.

This tutorial will show you how to organize your messages to show individual messages or grouped by conversation in Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: "Individual messages" or "grouped by conversation" in message list of Mail app

Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Mail app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon at the bottom left, and click/tap on Message list in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)

3. Under Organization, select (dot) Individual messages or Grouped by conversation (default) for what you want applied to all email accounts. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close the Mail app if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 mail - turning off conversations grouping

How does suggesting someone to go to a Windows 8 setting when they are talking about Windows 10???????

There appears to be no setting option in Windows 10 to turn off conversation grouping.

How can that possibly be an "improvement" in the Mail app. I now have a screen full of emails that I simply don't need nor want to see.

GarryKukura, Oct 27, 2019
  3. BCurrier Win User
    Windows 10 mail - turning off conversations grouping

Windows 10 is installed and mail running on the app/system that comes with it. Not sure if that's outlook.com or windows live mail. It's whatever came out of the box at installation of Windows 10.

The default program groups conversations. I want to turn that off.

There doesn't seem to be a settings or view choice that allows me to configure how mail works, including turning off conversation grouping.

How can I do that?

Thank you.

BCurrier, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

Unable to Turn Off Conversation View in Windows Mail

Hello James,

When you set up your email accounts in the Mail app for Windows 10, all of your messages are grouped by conversation, which means messages with the same subject are grouped together.

This
    link
    will give us steps on How do I turn off arrange by conversation in Mail for Windows 10.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Haidae Tam, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Windows 10 mail - turning off conversations grouping

Mary:

I am not sure I understand your answer. Is there no way to "turn off" conversation grouping in Windows 10 mail? It is, frankly, a dreadful feature...

Thanks

Scribe of the Clan, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Windows 10 mail - turning off conversations grouping

I don't think anyone is getting hostile, just frustrated.

After all we are not talking about bugs here, we're talking about functions that existed in 8.1 that have been deliberately removed from the Windows 10 mail app.

It just seems strange that Microsoft would reduce the functionality of Mail, compared to 8.1, and remove the ability to customize its operation to suit what you personally prefer. Most other mail apps that have conversation grouping allow the user to turn
    it off. So I guess while many would be very happy that Microsoft has introduce this functionality, its strange they would then force everyone to use it without option.

But as you say if you don't like it, go back to 8.1.

For me that's exactly what I've had to do because the Windows 10 Mail app is basically unusable in its current form, because of all the functionality (not just conversation grouping) that has been removed. Just disappointing that I've had to forgo using
    Windows 10 because the mail app has gone backwards.

On this occasion, I think everyone commenting on the Mail app has every right to be frustrated with Microsoft.

GarryKukura, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app

1. Turn On or Off Group by Conversation in Windows 10 Mail app - Similar Threads - Turn Off Group

2. "This app is turned off by group policy" on Windows 8.1

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "This app is turned off by group policy" on Windows 8.1: Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 8.1 laptop to Windows 10, but sadly I'm having an error completing the installation. I think its because of my Windows Defender being turned off. I also tried removing McAfee Antivirus using the McAfee Removal Tool. Beyond that, I'm also...
  3. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: Hi,We are facing an issue with users who are using Mail App in their laptop/Microsoft Surface, when they are trying to Sync the mails a warning message is popping, "You're sending automatic replies from account Turn Off /Dismiss" if we turn off still after some time it's...
  4. Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail App - emails grouped by conversation after search - can I turn it off?: Hello I REALLY dislike having my emails 'grouped by conversation' and I have turned it off for my inbox. However I've noticed that since the last update to Windows when I perform a search of my mailbox the results come back grouped by conversation. I find it confusing. Is...
  5. Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Caret Browsing in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you...
  6. Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mail app Notification Banner and Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch...
  7. Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Signature in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Mail app Signature in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between...
  8. Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Focused Inbox in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care...
  9. Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Email for Account in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Email for Account in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Windows 10 Mail app How to Turn On or Off Automatic Replies in Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...