Windows 10: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10 Starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by AndreTen, Feb 9, 2018.

1. AndreTen Win User

Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Windows 10

Starting with Touch Keyboard if you type in more than one Latin script languages. Simply continue typing in multiple languages and Windows 10 will assist you by showing predictions from multiple languages to make you more productive.

The additional step of manually switching between languages creates a barrier for users that are multi-lingual. Microsoft is hoping that this multilingual text suggestions feature can reduce that barrier and allow you to easily type in multiple languages.

With build 17093, Windows supports up to 3 Latin script languages for multi-lingual text predictions. It picks the top 3 installed languages from Language Settings while suggesting predictions.

If youre using the touch keyboard in any of the following languages, youll now see words suggested as you type: Assamese, Bashkir, Belarusian, Greenlandic, Hawaiian, Icelandic, Igbo, Irish, Kyrgyz, Luxembourgish, Maltese, Maori, Mongolian, Nepali, Pashto, Sakha, Tajik, Tatar, Tswana, Turkmen, Urdu, Uyghur, Welsh, Xhosa, Yoruba, Zulu.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off multilingual text suggestions for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions using a REG file

EXAMPLE: Multilingual Text Suggestions using Touch Keyboard

Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Typing on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Show text suggestions based on the recognized languages you're typing in for what you want under the Multilingual text suggestions section on the right side. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Suggestions using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Input\Settings

MultilingualEnabled DWORD

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Multilingual Text Suggestions
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_multilingual_text_prediction.reg

Download

3. To Turn Off Multilingual Text Suggestions
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_multilingual_text_prediction.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

AndreTen, Feb 9, 2018
  2. CJLim Win User

Text message problem with N80

To turn off predictive text, do the following.

When typing an sms, goto Options>Predictive text>off.

CJLim, Feb 9, 2018
  3. 2610 predictive text off permanently - help

try this :

You can enter text in predictive text and traditional text input . To use traditional text input, press

the key repeatedly until the letter appears. To turn on predictive text input when writing, select Options >

Prediction on; to turn it off, select Options > Prediction off.

source: 2610 Nokia Guide

I hope this will shed some light on your issue

radical24---01, Feb 9, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you for confirming this for the hardware keyboard Andre. *Smile

Brink, Feb 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Multilingual Text Prediction in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Multilingual

2. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  3. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?: I keep trying to turn off predictive text and suggestions on what i should type, but nothing seems to work. I have tried going into settings and turning off predictive text for the software and hardware keyboard, but neither have solved the problem. I also tried downloading...
  4. how do you turn off suggestions/predictive text?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Predictive text windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Predictive text windows 10: The predictive text on my windows 7 tablet works fine with all programs, on my windows 10 tablet it doesn't work with one program, I've contacted their support and they claim it isn't their code that's the problem, they claim it has something to do with windows 10. I would...
  6. Text Predictions

Text Predictions: Hi there Since Windows 10 v1803 we have had the option to "Show text suggestions as I type" and "Autocorrect words as I type" for hardware keyboard. I have enabled these options however when testing it works fine in Notepad, Wordpad and stick Notes however it does not work...
  7. Text prediction

Text prediction: I have turned all typing prediction options on in settings, but i am still unable to see any prediction options when working in Office 365 WordOnline in Edge... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-prediction/a6c39623-a01b-431b-8ecc-5c6dcaa0e1a8
  8. Predictive Text in Windows 10

Predictive Text in Windows 10: I know you have already addressed this issue however, it is still a problem. It has just recently started for me and I have done EVERYTHING you suggested and then some!!! Nothing has gotten rid of the annoying little box of words! I don't know how or why it appeared or why...
  9. Predictive Text

Predictive Text: My predictive text and other keyboard features seem to have vanished from my phone and I cannot see why. They are all ticked as being on within the phone's settings but they are not on when texting. Any help will be gratefully received....
  10. Predictive Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Predictive Text: Hello All, is there any way I can get predictive text on my desktop computer ? 77978