Windows 10: Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to add a device to Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HectorFernandez Rodriguez, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the device from my account in order to re-add it and see if that would fix it.

Now I am struggling to add it again.

Everywhere I just read that to add a device you have to:

"Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

However I don't have this option, because I am, indeed, already using a Microsoft account. I am of the impression that once you have deleted a device you cannot add it again. Is this some kind of bug?

Deleting my account and adding it again is not an option. I just want to add a device to my account.

Any help is much appreciated.

***Modified title from: Trying to add a device to my account.***

:)

HectorFernandez Rodriguez, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Unable to add a device to Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

1. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable add device

2. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  3. add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add device to Microsoft account: My new windows 11 laptop was somehow linked to the wrong account. I see my other PC but do not see an option to add this laptop to my current Microsoft account. THAKS....
  4. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  5. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  6. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: i mistakenly deleted my second laptop from my microsft account and now I cant add it as a device when i follow the links and instructions it only allows you to add a microsoft device and not a device running m=windows 10, even though it was there before i mistakenly deleted...
  8. Add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add device to Microsoft account: I want to add my device laptop with windows 10 to my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-microsoft-account/045524a8-ae8c-4f2a-ad70-bd56c6194b60
  9. Unable to add a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to add a Microsoft account: Hi, I have recently purchased a new laptop and signed in with my Microsoft account. However, when I try to add my account in: Settings > Accounts > Email and accounts > Accounts used by other apps I do not see the option "Add a Microsoft account" which should normally be...
  10. add device to microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    add device to microsoft account: Trying to assign my son's Sony VAIO laptop to his Microsoft account, but the laptop device doesn't show up. I have logged him off, signed back in, downloaded an app from the app store and renamed the computer to no avail. Please help! This is getting very frustrating....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to add device to microsoft account

2. unable to add device in Microsoft account

3. unable to add device on microsoft

4. unable to add a device on microsoft account,
  5. cannot add a device to my microsoft account,
  6. microsoft account add a device,
  7. unable to add a cell phone device to microsoft account,
  8. unable to find device in Microsoft Account,
  9. unable to link add a device on Microsoft Account ,
  10. unable to add a device in microsoft account in windows 10 ,
  11. unable to add device to my microsoft account,