Windows 10: Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to add a device to Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HectorFernandez Rodriguez, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the device from my account in order to re-add it and see if that would fix it.

Now I am struggling to add it again.

Everywhere I just read that to add a device you have to:

"Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

However I don't have this option, because I am, indeed, already using a Microsoft account. I am of the impression that once you have deleted a device you cannot add it again. Is this some kind of bug?

Deleting my account and adding it again is not an option. I just want to add a device to my account.

Any help is much appreciated.

***Modified title from: Trying to add a device to my account.***

:)

HectorFernandez Rodriguez, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Unable to add a device to Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Unable to set up Microsoft Account

Hi CrossFitDerek,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are unable to set up Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

• Are you able to log into Microsoft account online?
    • What error message you receive when you enter the new password?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below.

Sign in with a Microsoft account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

1. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable add device

2. Trying to add a device to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to add a device to my account.: I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the...
  3. Unable to add Microsoft Exchange Account to Windows 10 Calendar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add Microsoft Exchange Account to Windows 10 Calendar: Hi, I am trying to add my official email account to the Windows 10 default calendar that is there in the system tray in the right bottom corner. I am unable to add besides giving all necessary details, like server, domain etc. It throws me an error saying 0x80004005. Do...
  4. Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account: I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can install it on my devices. However, when I click that option, it tells me that I must first sign into a device with my Microsoft...
  5. Unable to add account to computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add account to computer: Latest Windows 10, fresh install Adding an account to the computer for my mother "How will this person sign in?" I put in her email address "Looks like this isn't a Microsoft account. Try another email or sign up for a new one." I thought it already was, but...
  6. Unable to add a guest account to computer

Unable to add a guest account to computer: how do I allow another person to access my computer in a guest account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-add-a-guest-account-to-computer/31c64e5e-073f-48d2-b443-2b392e70594a"
  7. Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.

Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.: I have 2 Nokia 550 window 10. Each child has outlook accounts and each child have access to other Microsoft devices .The phones appear on account as devices but I am unable to add them each child. Can anyone help please. ***Edited Original Title From: y family account. The...
  8. Unable to add Mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to add Mail account: Just downloaded 10565. From what trade press says, mail has been significantly improved (I've been using Thunderbird), so I thought I'd again give it a try. I had to add my account, so I clicked on Add Account, clicked on "Other Account", entered the Email address + Password...
  9. Unable to add local admin account

Unable to add local admin account: Periodically I acquire computers from ex-employees that only have themselves as local Users. Even though I'm in the Administrators Group as a domain admin, I don't have permission to add anyone to local Users. I need to clean these up for redeployment and often wind up...
  10. unable to add second admin account

unable to add second admin account: Windows 10 Home ver 1703. It used to be the case that we could add a second admin account, and delete the original. This was handy as a way to clear info of a previous user, whether they sold the computer, they died, or sometimes to clear up a clogged up machine. From...