Windows 10: Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ThomasArn1, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account?

***Original Title: Connecting devices with MS account***

:)

ThomasArn1, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, when we sign in to a device using the Microsoft account, the device is already added to the Microsoft account. However, as you have mentioned you are unable to add the device to the Microsoft account after removing it. We would suggest you
    to try converting the account as a local account and then converting it as a Microsoft account. This should add the device to the Microsoft account. Kindly refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    4. Once the account is converted as a local account, sign in to the account, go to settings and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to convert the account. Once the account is converted as a Microsoft account, the device will be listed in your Microsoft account.

Meanwhile, we would like to know the following details to assist you with the Minecraft issue:

• How are you trying to install Minecraft?
    • Which edition of Minecraft are you trying to install?

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

Unable to login with microsoft account

Hi,

Issues with signing in to a Microsoft account are usually happening due
    the two-step verification is turned on or you are traveling or using a new device.
    For us to provide an accurate resolution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Are you experiencing the sign in issue upon logging in to your computer?
    • Are you having the same error when you are trying to sign in to your Microsoft account using a web browser? If yes, is the same issue happening even when you are using other web browsers?
    • Have you made any changes to your account before this issue occurred?
    • What changes have you made to your computer prior to having this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you read and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps on these links:

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

1. Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable find device

2. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  3. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  4. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  6. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  7. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to Find Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Find Device: I bought Minecraft Windows 10 edition from the Microsoft store, said it needed a device to download to. So I go onto my account and link my Windows 10 PC and head back to the store. Says it still needs a device to be linked in order to download. So I reset the store, sign in...
  9. Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to find my device in Microsoft Store: I've been trying to download apps onto my computer but when I click on the "Install On My Device" button, my pc doesn't show, though when I go to the website and my devices it does....
  10. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account: I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to find the device on microsoft account

2. device not linked to microsoft account unable to download apps