Windows 10: Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CamW1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. CamW1 Win User

Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can install it on my devices. However, when I click that option, it tells me that I must first sign into a device with my Microsoft account. I am signed into the same account on my laptop, looking at the page in Google, yet it seemingly does not recognize it as a device.

:)

CamW1, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Can't sign in to my device using Microsoft account

Hi Cressa,

There are several factors why you're unable to sign in to your account. It can be due to invalid password or your two steps verification was turned on. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to sign in to your computer using your Microsoft Account?
    • Is your two-step verification turned on?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you reset your password, turned on/off your two step verification, you're using a new device, you're trying to sign in to your computer with a local account, not a Microsoft account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 10, 2019
  4. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable install devices

2. Devices in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Devices in Microsoft account: Why do I have 2 devices in my account when I only have PC? One of the devices is "my name" and the other is the "name/type" of my motherboard. The "my name" device updated 1 month ago and the "name/type" device updated today. Could it be the "my name" device is my PC...
  3. Unable to sign in to my account.

Unable to sign in to my account.: Split from this thread. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? It did nothing he steel hacking me so i cant sign in my accounts ***Modified title from: Being hacked. Can't sign in to my accounts.***...
  4. Deleting a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleting a device from my Microsoft account: How do I delete a device from my Microsoft account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/bb932813-f1b9-46f6-8dfc-fcf26073f86a
  5. Signing into my Microsoft Device

Signing into my Microsoft Device: Hi, I am attempting to sign into another device using my Microsoft username and password which I am unable to do . I have changed my username and password to get around the problem but it doesn't seem to work. The username and password to do work as I have signed into...
  6. "Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?

"Find my Device" feature with Local account sign in?: Hi, I have "find my device" enabled on my windows 10. I am opting to sign in as local account instead of microsoft account. Would this not allow me to use "find my device" feature on the web to locate my laptop?...
  7. Devices (Microsoft account)

Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  8. Devices (Microsoft account)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  9. Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account: I recently changed from local accounts to Microsoft accounts on my 3 computers. When I look at my new account, I see a number of Surface Books and an Xbox. I only own the 3 computers 24ST8, 24ST8_1 and 24ST8_2. Please see attached screenshot. Please advise 102422
  10. Microsoft account - Devices not in sync with actual devices

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account - Devices not in sync with actual devices: When going into my Microsoft account, then under 'Devices', there are 4 devices linked. The number of devices is correct, but that's it. All other data is incorrect, or outdated. I have 2 'real' PC's and 2 VM's using 1 single retail Windows 10 Pro and 3 upgrades from...