Windows 10: Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CamW1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. CamW1 Win User

Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can install it on my devices. However, when I click that option, it tells me that I must first sign into a device with my Microsoft account. I am signed into the same account on my laptop, looking at the page in Google, yet it seemingly does not recognize it as a device.

:)

CamW1, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Can't sign in to my device using Microsoft account

Hi Cressa,

There are several factors why you're unable to sign in to your account. It can be due to invalid password or your two steps verification was turned on. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to sign in to your computer using your Microsoft Account?
    • Is your two-step verification turned on?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you reset your password, turned on/off your two step verification, you're using a new device, you're trying to sign in to your computer with a local account, not a Microsoft account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 10, 2019
  4. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable install devices

2. Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices: I tried to sign in with my Microsoft account and the error message showed up, "Try that again. We've run into an unexpected error, please sign in again."Yes, I did input the correct email and password. I also tried signing in with a different account and it did not...
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account for Manage mobile devices under Bluetooth & devices: I tried to sign in with my Microsoft account and the error message showed up, "Try that again. We've run into an unexpected error, please sign in again."Yes, I did input the correct email and password. I also tried signing in with a different account and it did not...
  4. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  5. Unable to add device to Microsoft account

Unable to add device to Microsoft account: Unable to add device to Microsoft account. I'm having mutual issues. 1st: Bitlocker Recovery key. I don't have one. Was never issued one. I purchased this laptop on 10.01.2023.The store that I purchased the laptop from installed Microsoft but did not provide me with a...
  6. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  7. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.: This is an issue I'm seeing is fairly common recently based on other threads.I'm trying to transfer a Windows 10 digital license between an old pc build and a new one Motherboard/CPU changeI had never linked my old PC's license to my Microsoft account so I tried to link both...
  8. Unable to link device to Microsoft account / Unable to remove device from Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account? ***Original Title: Connecting devices with MS account***...
  10. Signing into my Microsoft Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing into my Microsoft Device: Hi, I am attempting to sign into another device using my Microsoft username and password which I am unable to do . I have changed my username and password to get around the problem but it doesn't seem to work. The username and password to do work as I have signed into...