Windows 10: Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

Discus and support Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CamW1, Jul 10, 2019.

1. CamW1 Win User

Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account

I'm attempting to play Minecraft with my friend. When I look at Minecraft in the Microsoft store, it tells me that I own Minecraft and that I can install it on my devices. However, when I click that option, it tells me that I must first sign into a device with my Microsoft account. I am signed into the same account on my laptop, looking at the page in Google, yet it seemingly does not recognize it as a device.

:)

CamW1, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Can't sign in to my device using Microsoft account

Hi Cressa,

There are several factors why you're unable to sign in to your account. It can be due to invalid password or your two steps verification was turned on. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to sign in to your computer using your Microsoft Account?
    • Is your two-step verification turned on?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you reset your password, turned on/off your two step verification, you're using a new device, you're trying to sign in to your computer with a local account, not a Microsoft account.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Hello Flemmingk, Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account :)

Could these other devices be from friends that you may have signed in to your Microsoft account on for something?

Either way, you can remove these devices.

*Arrow Microsoft Account - Remove Devices User Accounts Tutorials

Afterwards to be safe, I would recommend to change the password of your Microsoft account, and enable two-step verification if you haven't already.

Change Password of Account in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Turn On or Off Microsoft Account Two-step Verification User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Jul 10, 2019
  4. flemmingk Win User

Unknown devices on my Microsoft account

Thanks Brink
    I get different reactions every time I try to delete a device, but the result is that I cannot remove the devices.
    I'll go back to local accounts and delete the Microsoft account.
    I changed to Microsoft account because I wanted to use the Continue on PC feature. This feature doesn't work so I think that I'll just forget about it.
    Thanks for your interest.

flemmingk, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to install on my devices; Sign into a device with Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unable install devices

2. Unknow devices signed into my Microsoft Window Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknow devices signed into my Microsoft Window Account: Please answer this simple yes and no question: If I have ruled out all other possible reasons for this, can we be sure that some other person signed in to my microsoft account on their computer? what is their purpose for doing so? and how come they have my Microsoft...
  3. adding a device to my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    adding a device to my microsoft account: I cant seem to add another PC to my account even though it says I have up to 10 available to add. When I go to the add device screen it doesn't appear, says my device is turned off which it isn't and then when I try to add a device it just takes me back to the instruction...
  4. Microsoft Account devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account devices: My Microsoft account shows 4 devices. Does that mean each one is connected with a digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-devices/4d904ebe-e588-4b52-aa9c-3ce6ad6c13bf
  5. Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to find a device with Microsoft Account: I am trying to download an app from the MS store, but it says I do not have any applicable device linked to my MS account. I have had this laptop with MS Windows 10 for two years. How do I connect it to my account? ***Original Title: Connecting devices with MS account***...
  6. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

Unable to add a device to Microsoft account: I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the...
  7. Devices in Microsoft account

Devices in Microsoft account: Why do I have 2 devices in my account when I only have PC? One of the devices is "my name" and the other is the "name/type" of my motherboard. The "my name" device updated 1 month ago and the "name/type" device updated today. Could it be the "my name" device is my PC...
  8. Signing into my Microsoft Device

Signing into my Microsoft Device: Hi, I am attempting to sign into another device using my Microsoft username and password which I am unable to do . I have changed my username and password to get around the problem but it doesn't seem to work. The username and password to do work as I have signed into...
  9. Devices (Microsoft account)

Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...
  10. Devices (Microsoft account)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices (Microsoft account): My problem is that when I use my Microsoft account to check the devices linked to my account, there is one specific account that when I try to remove, using the Remove pc option, it will come back. I tried to remove it multiple times and it keeps on coming back. One thing is...