Windows 10: Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

Discus and support Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 How to Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

How to: Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

How to Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

Device Guard is a combination of enterprise-related hardware and software security features that, when configured together, will lock a device down so that it can only run trusted applications that you define in your code integrity policies. If the app isnt trusted it cant run, period. With hardware that meets basic requirements, it also means that even if an attacker manages to get control of the Windows kernel, he or she will be much less likely to be able to run malicious executable code. With appropriate hardware, Device Guard can use the new virtualization-based security in Windows 10 (available in Enterprise and Education desktop SKUs and in all Server SKUs) to isolate the Code Integrity service from the Microsoft Windows kernel itself. In this case, the Code Integrity service runs alongside the kernel in a Windows hypervisor-protected container.

Device Guard references: (recommend to read)
    This tutorial will show you how to verify if Device Guard virtualization-based security is enable or disable on your Windows 10 Enterprise or Windows 10 Education PC.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in System Information
    • Option Two: To Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in PowerShell

OPTION ONE [/i] To Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in System Information
    1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type msinfo32, and click/tap on OK to open System Information. (see screenshot below)

2. The Device Guard properties (if enabled and running) are displayed at the bottom of the System Summary section.

Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION TWO [/i] To Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in PowerShell
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Enter the command below into PowerShell, and press Enter.
    *Arrow Get-CimInstance –ClassName Win32_DeviceGuard –Namespace root\Microsoft\Windows\DeviceGuard
    3. The output of this command provides details of the available hardware-based security features as well as those features that are currently enabled.

[table][tr][td]Properties[/td] [td]Description[/td] [td]Valid values[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]AvailableSecurityProperties[/td] [td]This field helps to enumerate and report state on the relevant security properties for Device Guard.[/td] [td]
    • 0. If present, no relevant properties exist on the device.
    • 1. If present, hypervisor support is available.
    • 2. If present, Secure Boot is available.
    • 3. If present, DMA protection is available.
    • 4. If present, Secure Memory Overwrite is available.
    • 5. If present, NX protections are available.
    • 6. If present, SMM mitigations are available.
    Note: 4, 5, and 6 were added as of Windows 10, version 1607.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]InstanceIdentifier[/td] [td]A string that is unique to a particular device.[/td] [td]Determined by WMI.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]RequiredSecurityProperties[/td] [td]This field describes the required security properties to enable virtualization-based security.[/td] [td]
    • 0. Nothing is required.
    • 1. If present, hypervisor support is needed.
    • 2. If present, Secure Boot is needed.
    • 3. If present, DMA protection is needed.
    • 4. If present, Secure Memory Overwrite is needed.
    • 5. If present, NX protections are needed.
    • 6. If present, SMM mitigations are needed.
    Note: 4, 5, and 6 were added as of Windows 10, version 1607.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]SecurityServicesConfigured[/td] [td]This field indicates whether the Credential Guard or HVCI service has been configured.[/td] [td]
    • 0. No services configured.
    • 1. If present, Credential Guard is configured.
    • 2. If present, HVCI is configured.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]SecurityServicesRunning[/td] [td]This field indicates whether the Credential Guard or HVCI service is running.[/td] [td]
    • 0. No services running.
    • 1. If present, Credential Guard is running.
    • 2. If present, HVCI is running.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Version[/td] [td]This field lists the version of this WMI class.[/td] [td]The only valid value now is 1.0.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]VirtualizationBasedSecurityStatus[/td] [td]This field indicates whether VBS is enabled and running.[/td] [td]
    • 0. VBS is not enabled.
    • 1. VBS is enabled but not running.
    • 2. VBS is enabled and running.
    [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]PSComputerName[/td] [td]This field lists the computer name.[/td] [td]All valid values for computer name.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Feb 17, 2017
  2. Brink Win User

Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

Source: Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified - Microsoft Tech Community - 376419

Tip How to Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10

How to Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

Source: Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified - Microsoft Tech Community - 376419

Tip How to Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10

How to Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. axe0 Win User
    BSOD hidclass.syss with verifier enabled

Hi DocSams,

Could you upload the memory dump, C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp, to onedrive and post a share link. The minidumps provided severely lack in data.

If you haven't yet, please disable driver verifier.
    Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:

6. How to disable "Device Guard"

Hi,

I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Device Guard" in my surface pro before i can do so.

Please provide steps on how to do so.

SugarySalt, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Verify if Device Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Verify Device Guard

2. Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wireless_Life [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l7w0j3/windows_10_device_guard_and_credential_guard/
  3. Disabling Windows Device/Credential Guard in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling Windows Device/Credential Guard in Windows 10 Home: How do I disable Device/Credential Guard in Windows 10 Home to use VMware Player? https://file.io/nxqbvg VirtualBox isn't working either, and Windows 10 Home doesn't have Hyper-V (but I wish it would, especially because of Android Studio.) Anyone have a solution besides...
  4. Device Guard in Windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Guard in Windows 10 home?: ee what's weird is you can't do this in win home So I updated to Win 1903 yesterday and don't know why I tried to enable Windows 10 defender application guard using that powershell command what's wrong is that Windows 10 home has no support for it so there is no...
  5. Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Device Guard and Credential Guard Demystified: While helping Windows Enterprise customers deploy and realize the benefits of Windows 10, I've observed there's still a lot of confusion regarding the security features of the operating system. This is a shame since some of the key benefits of Windows 10 involve these deep...
  6. How to disable "Device Guard"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable "Device Guard": Hi, I am trying to install a software but i have to turn off "Device Guard" in my surface pro before i can do so. Please provide steps on how to do so....
  7. Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10: How to: Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 How to Verify if Credential Guard is Enabled or Disabled in Windows 10 [img] Information Credential Guard uses virtualization-based security to isolate secrets so that only privileged system...
  8. Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Credential Guard in Windows 10 Credential Guard uses virtualization-based security to isolate secrets so that only privileged system software can access them. Unauthorized access to these...
  9. Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Device Guard in Windows 10 Device Guard is a combination of enterprise-related hardware and software security features that, when configured together, will lock a device down so that it can...
  10. Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10: How to: Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10 Driver Verifier is a diagnostic tool built into Windows 10, it is designed to verify both native Microsoft drivers and third party drivers. Driver Verifier's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after enable credential guard in windows 10 pc not start blue screen