Windows 10: View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

Discus and support View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

How to: View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to devices.

When a PC join a homegroup, you will need the homegroup password, which you can get from the PC that created the homegroup or any PC already joined to the homegroup.

This tutorial will show you how to view or print your homegroup password in Windows 10.

Warning Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, the HomeGroup service is no longer operational in Windows 10. The user profile used for sharing and the file/folder/printer shares will continue to work.

Here are recommended alternatives to HomeGroup for you to get the best file-sharing experience in Windows 10 going forward:
    • File Storage:
      • OneDrive is a cloud-first, cross-device storage and collaboration platform for all of the pieces of data that matter most in your life – like your files, your photos, your videos, and more.
      • OneDrive Files On-Demand takes cloud file storage a step further, allowing you to access all your files in the cloud without having to download them and use storage space on your device.
    • Share Functionality: For those who prefer not to use the Cloud to connect their devices, the Share functionality for folders and printers allows you to see the available devices and connect them to and from other PCs on your home network.
    • Easier Connection: No more remembering cryptic HomeGroup passwords in order to connect to another PC. You can now simply connect through your Microsoft Account email address across devices.

Here's How:

1. While on a homegroup PC, do step 2, step 3, or step 4 below for how you would like to view your homegroup password.

2. Open File Explorer, right click or press and hold on Homegroup in the navigation pane, click/tap on View the HomeGroup password, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

3. Open File Explorer, click/tap on Homegroup in the navigation pane, click/tap on the HomeGroup tab above the ribbon, click/tap on View password, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. Open the step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now view and print your homegroup password. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 18, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Finding a Homegroup Password

Hi,

To view and print HomeGroup password, see the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, click on HomeGroup
      in the navigation pane.
    • Click on the HomeGroup tab on the ribbon.
    • Click on View password.
    • You will now see the HomeGroup password that you can also print out.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Elaine100 Win User
    grayer out "view of print homegroup password"

on my laptop message (name) has created a homegroup on the network. then asked to join and enter password. the line print or view homegroup password is greyed out and I can't access it. The password I wrote down gives me the error message "windows no
    longer detects a home group on this network. To create a new home group click OK and then open home group in control panel. the only options are change advanced sharing settings, start the home group troubleshooter and then join now. On my desktop
    the homegroup "view and/or print your password" is grayed out as well

Elaine100, Oct 26, 2019
  4. View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

Homegroup password can not be printed !?

Hi,

For better assistance, we'd like to get the following information:

• Does other print job work fine? Could you print a document from Word or NotePad?
    • Is this the complete error message you are getting
      "Your homegroup password couldn't be printed

An error occurred while Windows was trying to print your homegroup password. (Error code: 2147500037)"?
    If yes, then this error is displayed when Internet Explorer is not your default web browser. To fix this error, and allow you to print your Homegroup password, you first need to set Internet Explorer as your default web browser.

We're looking forward to your response.

Kerwin Lee, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Finding a Homegroup Password

All of the instructions that I seem to be able to find in reference to View (find) the password for a Homegroup give me instructions such as "1. Click Start & then click Control Panel"; "2. Click Network and Internet and then click HomeGroup"; 3. View or
    print the homegroup password" HOWEVER. when I do as instructed in #2, THERE IS NO SUCH OPTION AS "VIEW OR PRINT HOMEGROUP PASSWORD" so that answer is essentially useless on the computer on which the homegroup was created, OS=Win10.

HOW can I RECOVER THE PASSWORD AND PRINT IT on the computer that created the HomeGroup if the location indicated in the instruction does not exist, e.g. there is no "VIEW OR PRINT on the screen that appears after following Steps #1 & #2, which sends me to
    the screen on which I am supposed to find the correct place to "click" but that location DOES NOT EXIST on that computer?

ExplEngineer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Jessen P Win User
    Homegrown Password in Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps mentioned below to retrieve the homegroup password and then check if it helps.

• Open Homegroup by typing it in after pressing the Windows logo.
    • Then click View or print the homegroup password.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10

1. View or Print Homegroup Password in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Print Homegroup

2. How to reset homegroup password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to reset homegroup password: How do I reset my homegroup password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-homegroup-password/6031a9b6-2b24-49ed-9085-66827a358d1d
  3. can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10

can't find homegroup or it's password windows 10: All of the instructions that I seem to be able to find in reference to View (find) the password for a Homegroup give me instructions such as "1. Click Start & then click Control Panel"; "2. Click Network and Internet and then click HomeGroup"; 3. View or print the homegroup...
  4. where is windows10 HomeGroup password

where is windows10 HomeGroup password: can not find windows10 HomeGroup password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-windows10-homegroup-password/875555a8-6e47-4fd6-9ebd-b69ad72575a7
  5. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932
  6. Can't get Homegroup Password

Can't get Homegroup Password: Hi, I had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10. However, the new install still recognizes the old homegroup and I didn't write down the password. Now I can't change the password. When I open up the homegroup window, I can join, change sharing settings, but I can't change...
  7. Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password

Cannot View / Change Homegroup Password: I have three computers I would like to add to a homegroup. One is a MAC (optional) and two are windows 10 laptops. At some point in the distant and long forgotten past, I must have created a homegroup. On the two available computers running windows 10, I have the ability to...
  8. Windows 10 Will Not Let Me Create A Homegroup Password

Windows 10 Will Not Let Me Create A Homegroup Password: I have just installed Windows 10 on my HP Elitebook 8460p Windows Pro 64 bit laptop. I am currently part of a homegroup consisting of four other computers which share the same password. When I tried to connect the Windows 10 to the existing homegroup with the password they...
  9. Windows 10 homegroup password problem

Windows 10 homegroup password problem: I have a windows 10 PC and a Windows 10 Laptop that I want to network in a homegroup. I setup the homegroup on the PC and that process generated a password. The PC is shown as being a member of the homegroup. When I attempt to connect the laptop all goes well until I get to...
  10. Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10: How to: Change Homegroup Password in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream...