Windows 10: Share Files using an App in Windows 10

Discus and support Share Files using an App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Share Files using an App in Windows 10 How to Share Files using an App in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can directly share files in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cliff S, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Cliff S New Member

Share Files using an App in Windows 10

How to: Share Files using an App in Windows 10

How to Share Files using an App in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can directly share files in File Explorer using installed UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as Mail, Twitter, OneNote, Cortana Reminders, Facebook, Skype, etc...

Starting with Windows 10 build 15002, Microsoft has redesigned the Windows sharing experience to be more app-focused and integrated with where you are sharing from. The new Windows Share experience will pop-up the new share flyout within the app you are sharing from and give you a list of applications you can share to. This list changes based on your usage.

The Win+H hotkey, used in the old Windows share experience, has also been removed.

Starting with Windows 10 build 16215, the Share UI will now include people-first sharing for contacts from your People app.
    Share Files using an App in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Starting with Copy link option in the Share UI to copy a URL link to your clipboard when youre sharing a link like a website in Microsoft Edge, or an app from Store , so you easily can paste it into your app of choice.

Microsoft introduced a new Nearby Sharing feature starting with Windows 10 build 17035. Nearby Sharing lets you send and receive content with anyone else nearby using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

This tutorial will show you how to directly share files using UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps from the Share UI in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (context menu), step 3 (File Explorer ribbon) or step 4 (Photos) below for how you would like to share files.

2. To Share File(s) from Context Menu
    A) Select one or more files you want to share, right click or press and hold on the selected files, click/tap on Share in the context menu, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

3. To Share File(s) from File Explorer
    A) While in File Explorer, select one or more files you want to share, click/tap on the Share tab, click/tap on the Share button in the ribbon, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Share Image from Photos app
    A) While you have an image opened in the Photos app, click/tap on the Share button in the Photos app, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

5. In the Share UI, click/tap on an app you want to share from. (see screenshot below)

*note You can click/tap on an app suggestion to install the app and have it available to share from.

If an UWP app you want to share from is not listed, then you can click/tap on the Get apps in Store link to find and install the app to have available afterwards.

Only installed apps that support the file type you are trying to share will be listed.

6. Fill out any addition information and follow any addition steps in the selected app to share the file(s) from. (see screenshots below)

*note You will need to be logged in to your account for the app to be able share from it. You will be prompted to log in to the app if you are not already.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2018

2. How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"?

I used the Share by mail of Windows 10 frequently. Accidentally, after pressed the Share button, I right click and hide the Mail app in the Windows 10 "share list" (The one displayed to the right after the share button is pressed). How can I unhide the hidden
    app? I Need help to solve this problem. Thank you.

The share button in windows 10 is the circle with 3 points. It is found in many app and in the share menu of File Explorer.

Computer: Surface 2 Pro

Memory: 4Gb

LuisMartinez Olivo, Feb 3, 2018
  3. How to share apps from one windows phone to other windows phone

There is no direct method to share app between windows phone. But there is..... Download the xap(setup file) of app that you want to share from windowsphone.com Go to specific app on windowsphone.com then tap on download and install it manually. The file begins to download. After that send this file to others window phone. By using's share it app ( I will tell you how to share using thet in my next reply). After that question is that how to install this file on windows phone. Use file manager cut and paste this file into your sd card( before that file has stored in videos folder in share it folder). Restart the phone. Wait for minutes. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-in/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-from-an-sd-card

MCCshreyas, Feb 3, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

The network sign-in credentials should be stored in Credential Manager.

Brink, Feb 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Share Files using an App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Share Files using

2. file sharing windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file sharing windows 10: I finally had networking working on windows 10 but suddenly it's think the other PC is a "media device" again. Do Microsoft know how frustrating they have made it trying to share files between 2 pcs it should be so simple!Makes me repeatedly bang my head on my desk as the...
  3. file sharing windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file sharing windows 10: I finally had networking working on windows 10 but suddenly it's think the other PC is a "media device" again. Do Microsoft know how frustrating they have made it trying to share files between 2 pcs it should be so simple!Makes me repeatedly bang my head on my desk as the...
  4. Using Photos App to Share to Instagram

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Photos App to Share to Instagram: In the early days of Windows 10 share feature, you could use the share button to share a photo to Instagram. However they removed that and I am wondering how you can do that these days. 168629
  5. Windows 10 - File Share

Windows 10 - File Share: I am trying to give access to my Pictures Folder on my Desktop to another pc on the home network. When I give permission on the desktop to that one folder the other pc can see all my files from User down. I have tried this 3 times with the same result. Help! All W10 updates...
  6. File Sharing in Windows 10

File Sharing in Windows 10: Hey, I'm having some issues with File Sharing over a network now. I have 2 computers: a desktop with Windows 10 Pro, a Laptop with W10Home, both logged in with the same Windows account. I was able to get a File Share up and running on my laptop, which can be accessed by any...
  7. App sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    App sharing on Windows 10: You can call me stupid. I've administered networks from PCs running MS-DOS through Windows 7. now I'm working to set up a Windows 10 system. They've made everything Sooooo easy. So this is a home PC. My wife and I are both administrators. She loves to play mahjong, so I...
  8. File sharing on Windows 10

File sharing on Windows 10: I am trying to share files between a desktop and a laptop, both on Windows 10. Both computer names appear as being on the local network (displayed in "Network" on Windows File Explorer) on each machine. Attempting to access one from the other results in a request for...
  9. Your app is being used for sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your app is being used for sharing: I have a very annoying issue over various PCs, its like there is an invisible overlay on the screen, when I am dragging images around in an app it will sometimes be 'captured' the image being dragged then is frozen to the screen with a 'stop sign' in it, this sits attop all...
  10. Windows 10 File Sharing

Windows 10 File Sharing: Hello, I'm currently using an old Windows 10 PC as a home file server, the server has one main share that all users can access, as well as personal shares that only the specified user can access. When I go to mount the server on my PC all the shares show up, I can't access...