Windows 10: Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

Discus and support Webcam camera keeps turning on and off in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So just recently i wantned to use my camera for skype to call and found out how my camera keeps turning on and off. So i tried if its just skype's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by In a Nutshell, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

So just recently i wantned to use my camera for skype to call and found out how my camera keeps turning on and off. So i tried if its just skype's problem or the camera it self and turned out the camera appp on windows 10 also does the same. What i meant by turning on and off is that it would work and turn on, but everytime it recognizes my face and tries to focus, it turns off (but the app is still running) and turns back on again and does the same thing everytime. So i would have to take a photo between these intervals which is really annoying

:)

In a Nutshell, Oct 9, 2019

2. Enable or Disable Camera or Webcam using Kill Switch

How to Disable Integrated Camera or Webcam in Windows

In Windows 10, having a camera as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, etc. Many apps and services request and use the camera, and Windows settings give you control over which apps can use your camera.

Some people worry about unknown apps, organizations, or malware using their camera. Whenever your camera is used, you should be in charge. Thats why youre always told when your camera is turned on:
    • If your device or camera comes with a camera light, the light will turn on when the camera is in use.
    • If your system doesn’t have a camera light, you’ll get a notification to let you know when the camera turns on or off.
    For more information, see: Windows 10 camera and privacy

If you have a tablet, laptop, or notebook with a integrated (built-in) camera (aka: webcam), you may be wondering how to disable it for privacy and security reasons when it's not being used.

Disabling the camera can be important since there is a potential for malware to take over the camera and spy on you with it.

This tutorial will show you how to completely disable an integrated camera or webcam as needed in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Enable or Disable Camera or Webcam using Kill Switch
    • Option Two: Disable Camera or Webcam in Device Manager
    • Option Three: Enable Camera or Webcam in Device Manager

Webcam camera keeps turning on and off [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Enable or Disable Camera or Webcam using Kill Switch

*note Some newer laptops (ex: HP Spectre x360) now have a physical switch that turns off your PC's camera.
    1. Toggle on or off the privacy camera kill switch for what you want. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO
    Disable Camera or Webcam in Device Manager

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.
    1. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).

2. Expand open Cameras or Imaging devices depending on which one you have available. (see screenshot below step 3)

3. Right click on your camera device, and click/tap on Disable device. (see screenshot below)

*note If you have a separate IR camera type device listed, this would be the infrared camera used by Windows Hello face recognition.

4. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. When finished, you can close Device Manager if you like.

OPTION THREE
    Enable Camera or Webcam in Device Manager

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.
    1. Open Device Manager (devmgmt.msc).

2. Expand open Cameras or Imaging devices depending on which one you have available. (see screenshot below step 3)

3. Right click on your disabled camera device, and click/tap on Enable device. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, you can close Device Manager if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 9, 2019
  3. how do i turn on my hp laptop webcam.

Hello Marvis,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

This issue could occurred due to these reasons.

• Damaged webcam diver\software.
    • Due to incorrect webcam settings.
    • If webcam is damaged.
    Please follow the methods mentioned below.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar
    and select Troubleshooting.

b. Select View all on the top left corner.

c. Click on Hardware and device troubleshooter.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter

Also I suggest you to check if you are able to use the Webcam with the Camera app.

Method 2:

If you are able to access Camera app, follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Camera app.
    • Press Windows key + C from your keyboard to open
      Charms bar.
    • Select Settings option.
    • Select Permissions option.
    • Turn on Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone option.
    • Close the app.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    For reference: Camera app and webcams help

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Let us know if it helps. If you need further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

1. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off - Similar Threads - Webcam camera keeps

2. Camera turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera turning off: Hi,Does anybody know how to stop my camera from turning off when it cannot detect a face. I was on video call with a friend and whilst sitting in a dark room my camera would turn off. How do I stop this as it’s very annoying....
  3. Webcam turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam turned off: my Webcam will not work despite privacy settings in Windows 10 being activated. So I cannot use Zoom with video on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-turned-off/9c89406e-8dd8-4980-9e6f-d9d3f82af790
  4. Webcam camera keeps turning on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam camera keeps turning on and off: So everytime I try use my camera it either freezes and doesn't turn on, Doesn't load or Starts camera then freezes it and unfreezes it and repeats.I've tried uninstalling camera thru device manager and restarting pc, checking for updates ect, Nothing works, Please help....
  5. Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds

Multiple webcams keep turning off/on/off/on/off every few seconds: Hi, My integrated webcam kept turning itself off after a few seconds, coming back on, turning off again after 2 seconds etc I decided to get just to get a new webcam and plug it in via USB but the exact same thing is happening with the new webcam as well so the problem...
  6. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Camera keeps turning on and off

Camera keeps turning on and off: As the title says, starting last week when I logged in to a zoom meeting, the camera would turn on for a few seconds then shut off and on. Windows is up to date. Looked at an old post about this issue and went into msconfig and tried shutting off microsoft startup services,...
  8. webcam keeps turning on and off again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    webcam keeps turning on and off again: its showing the error as Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 12-09-2020 19:42:12 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-2V5MVF0...
  9. Camera keeps turning on/off

Camera keeps turning on/off: Camera keeps turning on/off within 2 seconds. Check below video. https://youtu.be/RGSssUGIS-w https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-keeps-turning-onoff/bb41aacf-56dc-4842-80b8-39f01a17bd65
  10. Webcam keeps turning off and on again

Webcam keeps turning off and on again: Hi, I have the same problem as reported in this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-camera-keeps-turning-on-and-off/3c310410-88ef-4868-a2a7-2de3c1834da7?rtAction=1575454959647&tm=1575455155372 . It does not seem to have been resolved. My...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera keeps turning on and off notification

2. camera cuts off and on every 2 seconds

3. my webcam keeps turning on and off

4. camera turning on and off every few seconds,
  5. skype camera turning off