Windows 10: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling

Discus and support WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer recently started restarting or freezing up randomly while I am not using it. I looked back through event viewer and saw bug check reboots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mikee286, Oct 16, 2017.

1. mikee286 Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling

My computer recently started restarting or freezing up randomly while I am not using it. I looked back through event viewer and saw bug check reboots so I ran whocrashed which game me WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
    I am using the system just fine right now so the issue is intermittent. Whocrashed says it is probably a hardware problem however I have done nothing to my hardware since building the computer in august and it has been working fine up until now. I do not overclock

My system is
    AMD ryzen 5 1400 @ stock settings
    Asrock AB350 PRO4 MOBO
    16gb ram
    240GB SSD
    500GB HDD
    1.5TB HDD
    Geforce GTX 950
    Seasonic 650rm PSU 650W

:)

mikee286, Oct 16, 2017
  2. jmunder Win User

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

I continue to get WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR and shutdown after may attempts to find its cause. It doesn't seem to matter whether I am in an app or the computer is in "idle". It does not occur when in Safe Mode. Here is a link to the DMP and MSinfo information:
    http://1drv.ms/1laW6mX

jmunder, Oct 16, 2017
  3. Blue Screens for the first time

Hello there windows community! I have built a pc about two months ago (not my first one) with a ryzen 1700x inside and it worked fine without any problems until today when i received my first blue screen which returned the stop code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.
    I use my PC for 3d rendering and other productivity applications and it never crashed while it was on full load. The blue screen occured while i was browsing some photos on my desktop, cpu almost idling.

I've uploaded the dump file here https://we.tl/fBvmbbIyOD .

Can someone help me with this? It's a brand new pc and I can't really mess up with blue screens while working. I checked the update section and windows is up to date, it made a successful update yesterday, 14/12/2017.

Thank you very much,

Andrei

Andrei Jurubita, Oct 16, 2017
  4. mikee286 Win User

Specs for second pc updated.

Doesn't look like those scans turned up anything

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthDeployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.15063.0Image Version: 10.0.15063.0[==========================100.0%==========================] The restore operation completed successfully.The operation completed successfully.C:\Windows\system32>

mikee286, Oct 16, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    In the specs please update information for the GPU, drives, etc.

What is the age of the notebook?
    Which parts have been replaced?

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
  6. mikee286 Win User
    It is a ryzen custom build I built back in august. Not a laptop. My first system listed is a laptop but I just added a second system which is my custom build

mikee286, Oct 16, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Please enter the system specs for this computer:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please include: PSU, cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wireless or wired:
    mouse, keyboard, printer, headset, xbox, etc.

1) To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

2) Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

3) So please make sure your files are backed up.

4) Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free

5) And please create a brand new restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings
    How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow
    3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
  8. mikee286 Win User

I filled it all out

mikee286, Oct 16, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    The information is now seen as the second computer. Please update cooler, mouse, keyboard and anything attached by wireless or wired.

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
  10. mikee286 Win User
    everything is filled my mouse is some generic chinese wireless mouse and my keyboard is a usb logitech k120

mikee286, Oct 16, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    For all tests please post test results and images into the thread.

Some of the testing can be run in partial or in full overnight. Others will require several hours of monitoring for temperature changes during the stress testing.

For the overnight testing you can run chkdsk /x /f /r in partial or full depending on the status of the drive.
    Please make sure that the chkdsk and the HD Tune are run on each drive/partition.

Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    Memtest86+ is not run by time but by passes.
    The more passes the better the test.
    Memtest86+ version 5.01 testing takes approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB RAM.
    Just 1 error is a fail and you can abort testing.
    Then test 1 RAM module at a time in the same DIMM for 8 or more passes.

This may take many hours so plan to run a significant portion of the testing overnight.

http://www.memtest.org/http://www.memtest.org/
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more passes use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM BSOD Tutorials

For each drive/partition use the information in this link to post the results of the chkdsk /x /f /r scans:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Oct 16, 2017
  12. mikee286 Win User
    results from chkdsk and memtest 86
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checking file system on C:The type of the file system is NTFS.A disk check has been scheduled.Windows will now check the disk. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 346368 file records processed. File verification completed. 9312 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed. Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 433872 index entries processed. Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Cleaning up 900 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.Cleaning up 900 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.Cleaning up 900 unused security descriptors.Security descriptor verification completed. 43753 data files processed. CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 40863336 USN bytes processed. Usn Journal verification completed.Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... 346352 files processed. File data verification completed.Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ... 36174095 free clusters processed. Free space verification is complete.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required. 233916415 KB total disk space. 88608684 KB in 246629 files. 148448 KB in 43754 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 462899 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 144696384 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 58479103 total allocation units on disk. 36174096 allocation units available on disk.Internal Info:00 49 05 00 f3 6d 04 00 ad 54 08 00 00 00 00 00 .I...m...T......9f 01 00 00 54 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ....T...........Windows has finished checking your disk.Please wait while your computer restarts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063](c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\Windows\system32>d*Biggrin:\>chkdsk /x /f /rThe type of the file system is NTFS.Cannot lock current drive.Volume dismounted. All opened handles to this volume are now invalid.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 200704 file records processed.File verification completed. 6 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 223992 index entries processed.Index verification completed.CHKDSK is scanning unindexed files for reconnect to their original directory. 1 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to original directory.CHKDSK is recovering remaining unindexed files. 1 unindexed files recovered to lost and found. Lost and found is located at \found.000Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 11645 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...Usn Journal verification completed.Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... 200688 files processed.File data verification completed.Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ... 60268894 free clusters processed.Free space verification is complete.Correcting errors in the master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute.Windows has made corrections to the file system.No further action is required. 488384511 KB total disk space. 246981952 KB in 172688 files. 45292 KB in 11647 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 281691 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 241075576 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 122096127 total allocation units on disk. 60268894 allocation units available on disk.D:\>e:E:\>chkdsk /x /f /rThe type of the file system is NTFS.Cannot lock current drive.Volume dismounted. All opened handles to this volume are now invalid.Volume label is Files.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 135424 file records processed.File verification completed. 20 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 152080 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 8329 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 198419792 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... 135408 files processed.File data verification completed.Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ... 62491517 free clusters processed.Free space verification is complete.Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required.1465136127 KB total disk space.1214669424 KB in 125057 files. 60328 KB in 8330 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 440303 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 249966072 KB available on disk. 4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 366284031 total allocation units on disk. 62491518 allocation units available on disk.E:\>

Edit: not sure why images aren't showing but memtest and hdtune came up clean too. Did memtest for 8 passes.

Any other ideas what could be causing this issue?

mikee286, Oct 18, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

For all tests please post images or share links (one drive or drop box) into the thread.

1) memtest86+ version 5.01 with 8 or more passes
    2) HD Tune: Health, full error scan, benchmark for each drive

drive D: Correcting errors in the master file table's (MFT) BITMAP attribute.Windows has made corrections to the file system.

RAM / DIMM / Motheboard test image/share link is needed in the thread.
    HD Tune results for each drive are needed in the thread.

Once these are verified additional tests may be needed or other hardware can be tested.

zbook, Oct 18, 2017
  14. mikee286 Win User
    mikee286, Oct 18, 2017
  15. zbook New Member
    For each drive please indicate the drive letter:

ST1500DM0003-9YN1 (1500GB)

For all of the Hard drives please run Sea Tools for Windows:

Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Please post images of the results into the thread.

Download and install temperature monitoring software (see post #2 step 5).

Read these links so that you are prepared for the testing after the completion of the the Sea Tools drive testing.

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU Performance Maintenance Tutorials

FurMark - GPU Stress Test Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials:

FurMark - GPU Stress Test Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Oct 18, 2017
Thema:

1. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling - Similar Threads - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while idling

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming: HiA few days ago while gaming I started getting a BSOD. I got the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then after restarting the game, I got a freeze again and the same error code.What I have tried so far:Restore to System Restore PointFull windows reinstall Win10 Pro 64...
  3. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming: HiA few days ago while gaming I started getting a BSOD. I got the error code WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, then after restarting the game, I got a freeze again and the same error code.What I have tried so far:Restore to System Restore PointFull windows reinstall Win10 Pro 64...
  4. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?: I'm running windows 11 with a intel core i7-10700F, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and 32 GB of RAM. The computer runs under load just fine, but if it sits idle for too long it bluescreens, usually with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, although I've also gotten the occasional...
  5. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while idle?: I'm running windows 11 with a intel core i7-10700F, a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070, and 32 GB of RAM. The computer runs under load just fine, but if it sits idle for too long it bluescreens, usually with WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error, although I've also gotten the occasional...
  6. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while booting: I got this error while the PC was booting. Strangely it restarted while it was at 0% so I don't have the dump for it, even though I enabled logging in the Windows settings. Version is 20H2 build 19042.867 177454
  7. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while playing: Hi everyone, I'm having a problem I tried to fix for the last couple of months without results. While playing games in particular like assettocorsa but NOT while stressing the CPU/GPU using for example occt, unigine or IntelBurnTestV2 I get a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR...
  8. BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.

BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while gaming.: Hey guys; having WHEA's pop up after random amounts of time while playing ARMA, or generally any game, really. CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz GPU - Palit GeForce 2060 RTX RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengance @ 2133MHz MBoard - B360M-DS3H - Gigabyte HDD - 2TB HDD Unknown Make/Model SSD...
  9. WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while using Chrome

WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error while using Chrome: Hi All, I have a PC I built about a month or so ago, so far the machine has been great. However in the last 2 weeks or so I've had 2 instances of WHEA_Uncorrectable_Error BSOD while using Chrome. The machine is perfectly stable while gaming, so I'm not sure where the problem...
  10. BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD while on firefox WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: can someone please check my minidump Attachment 90761 55918

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whea uncorrectable stop code error when idle

2. whea uncorrectable error when idle