Windows 10: Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!)

Discus and support Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I am using Windows 10 (Home - v1803) and the Mail 10 app for my emails. I want to migrate from 'Mail 10' to Outlook 2016. I don't know... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mr Davo, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Mr Davo Win User

Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!)

Hi Everyone,

I am using Windows 10 (Home - v1803) and the Mail 10 app for my emails.

I want to migrate from 'Mail 10' to Outlook 2016.

I don't know where Mail 10 stores emails (I don't even know what file format 'Mail 10' stores emails in!).

I have searched my hard drive (using the Windows Explorer search facilities) for files with the .emil file extension with no results returned!!!

Where the f**k does Mail 10 store emails?

Thanks

Davo

P.S.: Microsoft should really consider saving important files close to the Root directory. Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!) :)

:)

Mr Davo, Oct 12, 2019

2. To Save Email Message in Mail app to .eml File

How to Save Email Messages in Windows 10 Mail app

The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both work and home, these apps help you communicate quickly and focus on whats important across all your accounts. Supports Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo! and other popular accounts.

If you like, you can save your email messages from the Mail app to a .eml or .pdf file as a backup.

This tutorial will show you how to save email messages in the Mail app for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Save Email Message in Mail app to .eml File
    • Option Two: To Save Email Message in Mail app to .pdf File

Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!) [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    To Save Email Message in Mail app to .eml File
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Open the email message you want to save.

3. Click/tap on the Actions (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Save as. (see screenshot below)

4. Navigate to where you want to save the email to, type a "File name" you want for the .eml file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for any other email messages you would like to save.

OPTION TWO
    To Save Email Message in Mail app to .pdf File
    1. Open the Mail app.

2. Open the email message you want to save.

3. Click/tap on the Actions (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Print. (see screenshot below)

4. Select Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer, make any changes you want to the print settings, and click/tap on Print when ready. (see screenshot below)

5. Navigate to where you want to save the email to, type a "File name" you want for the .pdf file, and click/tap on Save. (see screenshot below)

6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 for any other email messages you would like to save.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Oct 12, 2019
  3. mlg63 Win User
    file associations and eml files

Ask Support at the course site for help. I doubt that they are emailing files in eml format. You cannot open eml files yourself without using your email program. Eml is a "behind the scenes" format for emails. You should not even see any eml files. It is
    an old format used in Outlook Express--which is obsolete.

From Google--

EML is a file extension for an e-mail message saved to a
    file in the MIME RFC 822 standard format by Microsoft Outlook Express as well as some other email programs.
    EML files can contain plain ASCII text for the headers and the main message body as well as hyperlinks and attachments.

mlg63, Oct 12, 2019
  4. nt62 Win User

mail app NOT eml

Am I missing something ?
    Mail App doesn't open .eml files ?

Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ?

Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ?

Thema:

1. Where does Mail 10 store emails & in what file format (it's not .eml!) - Similar Threads - Where does Mail

2. Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to open .eml files in Win 10 Mail App as email templates?: Hello. I have some .eml file. If I open it using Outlook it is opened as an email which is ready to be sent I see 'send' button and also 'from' and 'to' address fields. But if I use Win10 Mail App, an .eml file is opened in read-only mode: mail app shows file data, but no...
  3. I need an email client that stores emails as .eml

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need an email client that stores emails as .eml: I have a mailstore full of twenty years' worth of emails. My current email client is Windows Live Mail, which sporadically crashes my system and forces a restart. I've been using Windows Live Mail because it stores each email as its own .eml file, so my offsite backup...
  4. What is EML File?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is EML File?: I got Error Message 0x800707780 EML File----What does it mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-eml-file/b6709c34-5418-4168-bc40-d7b90bc7b0be
  5. EML (.eml) Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EML (.eml) Files: I have several .eml files saved to "Documents". While these will open with "Mail" there does not seem to be any option to "Print". Previously I had had these open with "Windows Live Mail" but this is no longer an option after latest update. Present option is to use EML -->...
  6. Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where does Windows Mail store archived emails?: Hi! I tried to use Windows Mail to download and archive some old emails, so I logged in to my email through Windows Mail. I chose a bunch of emails and clicked "archive". To my mild horror the emails disappeared both from the server and from Windows mail. Then I found the...
  7. Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Import .EML files to Windows 10 Mail: Hello I have .eml files stored on disk but outside of Windows 10 Mail. I need to import them into Windows 10 Mail. If I double-click one of them, Windows 10 Mail opens the email in a separate window with no action options. It appears to be simply a reader program. The...
  8. Eml mail

in Browsers and Email
    Eml mail: ​How do you open Eml mail in Windows 10? 33545
  9. mail app NOT eml

in Browsers and Email
    mail app NOT eml: Am I missing something ? Mail App doesn't open .eml files ? Mail App doesn't have > save as > .eml or .htm or .txt ? Mail App doesn't have an option to display as list summaries ? 7939
  10. Exporting emails from windows mail what format?

in Browsers and Email
    Exporting emails from windows mail what format?: I'm exporting emails and folders from Windows Mail on an old desktop running Win Vista. I was given the choice of Windows Mail or Microsoft Exchange. I used the Windows Mail format. I'm backing everything up because I'm probably going to buy a new desktop soon and I'm sure it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where does windows mail store emails

2. open eml files windows 10

3. Windowsmail .eml

4. where does iwindows mail in w10 stored eml files