Windows 10: Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user.

Discus and support Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With old computer (Win 7), changing the local user would leave Windows Media Player happily playing the audio selected by the first user. With Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlSchober_PE, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user.

With old computer (Win 7), changing the local user would leave Windows Media Player happily playing the audio selected by the first user. With Win 10 on a new (1 week) machine, changing the local user stops or at least silences the playback. I'd like to know if this shutdown/pause of the audio is something that can be changed? When we change back to the original user, the audio resumes but I'm not sure if it was just paused or running with no output.

:)

AlSchober_PE, Nov 7, 2019

2. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Local Security Policy

How to Change User Account Control (UAC) prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows

When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This prompt ensures that no malicious software can be silently installed or run.

With the Always notify or Default secure desktop when you get an elevation request by the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

A user that is a member of the Administrators group can log on, browse the Web, and read e-mail while using a standard user access token. When the administrator needs to perform a task that requires the administrator access token, Windows 10 automatically prompts the user for Y/N approval. This prompt is called an elevation prompt for UAC consent prompt.

The user experience for standard users is different from that of administrators in Admin Approval Mode. The recommended and more secure method of running Windows 10 is to make your primary user account a standard user account. Running as a standard user helps to maximize security for a managed environment. With the built-in UAC elevation component, standard users can easily perform an administrative task by entering valid credentials for a local administrator account. The default, built-in UAC elevation component for standard users is the UAC credential prompt.

See also: How User Account Control works (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

The standard users.

The options are:

[table][tr][td]Policy[/td] [td]Description[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Automatically deny elevation requests[/td] [td]When an operation requires elevation of privilege, an access denied error message is displayed. An enterprise that is running desktops as standard user may choose this setting to reduce help desk calls.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop[/td] [td]When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted on the secure desktop to enter a different user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the applicable privilege.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Prompt for credentials (Default)[/td] [td]When an operation requires elevation of privilege, the user is prompted to enter an administrator user name and password. If the user enters valid credentials, the operation continues with the applicable privilege.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

This tutorial will show you how to change the User Account Control (UAC) prompt behavior only for standard users in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to change the UAC prompt behavior for standard users.

*note This will not affect the administrators.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Local Security Policy
    • Option Two: Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users using a REG file

EXAMPLE: User Account Control (UAC) credential prompt

Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user. [​IMG]

OPTION ONE
    Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Local Security Policy

*note The Local Security Policy is only available in the Windows 7/8/10 Pro, Windows 7/8/10 Enterprise, and Windows 10 Education editions.

All editions can use Option Two below.

1. Open the Local Security Policy (secpol.msc).

2. Expand open Local Policies and Security Options in the left pane of Local Security Policy, and double click/tap on the User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for standard users policy to edit it. (see screenshot below)

3. Select the UAC behavior you want in the drop menu, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

4. When finished, close the Local Security Policy window if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

ConsentPromptBehaviorUser DWORD

0 = Automatically deny elevation requests
    1 = Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop
    3 = Prompt for credentials (default)

1. Do step 2 (Automatically deny), step 3 (Prompt for credentials on secure desktop), or step 4 (DEFAULT - Prompt for credentials) below for what you would like to do.

2. Set UAC Behavior for Standard Users to "Elevate without prompting"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Standard_users_UAC_Automatically_deny_elevation_requests.reg

3. Set UAC Behavior for Standard Users to "Prompt for credentials on the secure desktop"
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Standard_users_UAC_Prompt_for_credentials_on_secure_desktop.reg

4. Set UAC Behavior for Standard Users to "Prompt for credentials"
    *note This is the default setting.

Standard_users_UAC_Prompt_for_credentials.reg

5. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user.

1. Win10 - Audio behavior when changing user. - Similar Threads - Win10 Audio behavior

2. Weird behavior when deleting audio files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird behavior when deleting audio files: So I was looking for a audio file that I am planning on using for a project when I noticed quite a few audio files I had no need for and when I went to delete them I got warnings about deleting album covers which I didn't even knew existed and I know weren't selected they...
  3. Weird behavior when deleting audio files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird behavior when deleting audio files: So I was looking for a audio file that I am planning on using for a project when I noticed quite a few audio files I had no need for and when I went to delete them I got warnings about deleting album covers which I didn't even knew existed and I know weren't selected they...
  4. Weird behavior when deleting audio files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Photos in Win10 changed behavior - cuts off image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos in Win10 changed behavior - cuts off image: I've been using Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 for a long time. As recently as a couple weeks ago it was working normally. However, I just noticed last night that it has changed behavior. On some JPG photos I attempt to open Photos is initially displaying them correctly for a...
  6. Win10 user account needs changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 user account needs changing: Hi i have a w10 laptop with office 365 installed The laptop was set up with my own microsoft account and email How do i change it so its only got my wifes microsoft account, email and user name instead of mine I dont want to lose the installed office 365 software. I...
  7. How to change the behavior when resizing windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change the behavior when resizing windows?: When you resize windows with Command + Arrow keys, Windows tries to be helpful by asking you to pick which other window you want to fill the remaining space. I find this annoying. I have to press escape after I resize to cancel out this secondary selection flow. I would...
  8. Changing cursor behavior

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing cursor behavior: Does someone have any ideas how to make windows to move cursor to end of line with down arrow if no lines are below, like in macOS? Without using another shortcuts or buttons. submitted by /u/Windows-1251 [link] [comments]...
  9. Win10 Behavior in Copy/Del Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Behavior in Copy/Del Windows: Hi, My case is something maybe nobody encounter! Is there anyone in the world that in house use a high-end gaming laptop instead of a just a PC case? It's in cover, an Asus 29" ultra wide monitor, even external sound card, mouse and keyboard and everything is attached to...
  10. Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows: How to: Change UAC prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows How to Change User Account Control (UAC) prompt Behavior for Standard Users in Windows When administrator account before starting a program or task that requires a full administrator access token. This...