Windows 10: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online

Discus and support Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online How to Lock your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online

How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online

How to Lock your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online

Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online [​IMG]
    Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your worry to rest. This free service can show your Windows 10 Mobile phone on a map.

If you lock your phone, it will require entering a 6-digit PIN you specified to unlock it when anyone turns on your phone. No one will be able to use your phone until you unlock it.

This tutorial will show you how to lock your Windows 10 Mobile phone online from any PC.

EXAMPLE: Locked Windows 10 Mobile Phone

Here's How:

1. On any PC, go to Your devices online at Microsoft, and sign in (if not already) using the same Microsoft account you sign in to your phone with.

2. Click/tap on the Find my phone link for your Windows 10 Mobile phone. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Lock. (see screenshot below)

4. Enter a 6-digit PIN, enter an optional phone number to contact you at, enter a message to show on the phone screen, and click/tap on Lock. (see screenshot below)

Note The PIN you enter here will always have to be used to unlock your phone with until you remove the PIN.

In Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 10572, it did not show the entered phone number and message on the locked phone's screen for me as it should have.

5. It will now try locking your phone. (see screenshot below)

6. If it was not able to lock your phone, then click/tap on Okay, and try again later or wait if you get We'll let you know when we successfully lock it. (see screenshots below)

7. If it was able to lock your phone, then click/tap on Okay. You will also get an email with a copy of your PIN letting you know that your phone is now locked. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 27, 2017
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online

lorraine walsh, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online

1. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Lock Online - Similar Threads - Mobile Phone Lock

2. mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile phone: why i cant remove the phone in my phone app in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mobile-phone/d7016bbe-70cf-4a38-b11c-8ae6269cfac2
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Spotted Online

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Spotted Online: Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.218 Spotted Online Could this be the next cumulative update for users? Microsoft is expected to launch new Windows 10 mobile and PC builds this week, and while the company only provides us with the almost-trademarked “soon” timing, more...
  4. Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Find My Phone for Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Use Find My Device for Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay...
  5. Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Mobile Hotspot - Turn On or Off on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Turn On or Off Mobile Hotspot on a Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can create a mobile hotspot with your Windows 10 Mobile phone to share your cellular data connection with other...
  6. Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Reset Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Reset your Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Resetting your Windows 10 Mobile phone will return it to the same state it was in the first time you turned it on. All your personal content stored on the phone will be...
  7. Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Phone Number - Block or Unblock on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Block or Unblock Phone Numbers on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information You can block unwanted calls on your Windows 10 Mobile phone by adding phone numbers to your block list. If a blocked...
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Erase Online How to Erase your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your...
  9. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Ring Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Ring Online: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Ring Online How to Ring your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your worry...
  10. Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Open Settings on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Open Settings in Windows 10 Mobile Phones [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 Mobile phones are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network...