Windows 10: Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All, the issue is fairly simple and visible issue, active windows/applications icons are no longer being displayed in the taskbar. It was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rui06, Feb 26, 2020.

1. rui06 Win User

Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

Hi All,

the issue is fairly simple and visible issue, active windows/applications icons are no longer being displayed in the taskbar.

It was working before and then stopped despite restarting the computer several times and trying different methods to fix this.

This is a freshly W10 Home 64 bits installation, all updates done. Alt + tab does work to shift through apps/windows.

• MICROSOFT ONLINE SUPPORT
      it's paying which is big pill to swallow when you paid for a W10 Home Licence

• FUNCTIONING workaround needs to be done every system restart though
      Restarting the explorer process every time the system is restarted

A bit desperate and not keen to reinstall the entire system just because of one misfuncionning process or setting

Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar [​IMG]

:)

rui06, Feb 26, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

How to OPEN Programs in Taskbar Preview WITHOUT Clicking ??

@Triliuner I'm sorry to hear it's not as simple as that.

When you have multiple windows opened from a single application e.g. 2 separate windows from Chrome, do they show up as previews when you hover over Chrome's icon in the taskbar, or as a list? Just asking to clarify that, they are at least showing as previews. If not, this should help: Change Taskbar Thumbnail Threshold to Show List in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

As for the different windows not showing when you hover your mouse over a preview, maybe it has something to do with the delay, see here: Change Delay Time to Show Taskbar Thumbnails in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials (restoring the default value)

I hope that helps, if not, maybe others can suggest some other things to try..

TheDeerDude, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

1. Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Showing Open Applications

2. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  3. Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Applications open but minimized to taskbar: Hello,I am using AMD Ryzen 7 5700G processor / ASUS B550 Strix Gaming wifi motherboard / 8 GB RAM and Windows 11 Pro operating system.Whenever I open applications such as Notepad or .txt files and some other files such as word the application would open but always minimized...
  4. Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...: Hi,This is Surya, A Tech Support Engineer .I am facing an issue with the new update of windows 11 to one of my colleague laptop, When we are trying to open any application with have open with 2 windows or pages or 2 task the application can not be able to open from the task...
  5. Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...

Unable to open applications with are on taskbar if the application is open with 2 or more...: Hi,This is Surya, A Tech Support Engineer .I am facing an issue with the new update of windows 11 to one of my colleague laptop, When we are trying to open any application with have open with 2 windows or pages or 2 task the application can not be able to open from the task...
  6. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  7. ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list

ALT+TAB shows the Taskbar as an application in the open applications list: On my Windows 11 installation when I use ALT+TAB to switch between open applications I weirdly also get the taskbar listed as an open application:When I try to close it the taskbar application i get the following shutdown screen:...
  8. No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open: No program will open- shows on taskbar but will not open. I have run all the trouble shooters but no problems can be detected. BUT there IS a BIG problem!!!...
  9. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar: I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either....
  10. Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc: [img] Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I cannot type anything. All keyboard shortcuts are working. I also can't see my pinned icons, or any of the icons in the bottom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open applications not showing in taskbar