Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HELP!!! Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by freddyguy, Jan 11, 2017.

1. freddyguy Win User

Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep

HELP!!!

Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 on my desktop pc has stopped asking me for my password when waking it from sleep. It was working fine until recently. I'm not sure if an automatic update has caused the issue or not, but, I really want to protect my computer from just anyone accessing it.

I have searched and searched the web for answers and have followed all of the instructions found but nothing seems to work.

I noticed that I have 3 accounts: (1) Administrator; (2) ASPNET Machine Account; (3) guest and other users. Don't know if this has anything to do with the problem or not but thought that I would mention it.

All 3 of these accounts have the box checked to require a password but still doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me how I can get back to requiring the password to access my pc??

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

:)

freddyguy, Jan 11, 2017

2. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep how to stop this.....

Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep how to stop this

PhilipMckee, Jan 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

w/10 Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep how to stop this

PhilipMckee, Jan 11, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jan 11, 2017
  5. freddyguy Win User
    Thanks but have already tried all of the options in this tutorial.

freddyguy, Jan 11, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stopped asking for password from sleep - Similar Threads - stopped asking password

2. Sleep does not ask for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  3. Sleep does not ask for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  4. Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep: For some reason, even after changing options in GPEdit, the OS refuses to ask me for a password when I wake the computer from sleep without first locking the computer.For context, the user account is a local user account.I tried following the instructions from Claudeeera on...
  5. Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Not Asking for Password on Wake from Sleep: For some reason, even after changing options in GPEdit, the OS refuses to ask me for a password when I wake the computer from sleep without first locking the computer.For context, the user account is a local user account.I tried following the instructions from Claudeeera on...
  6. **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    **Windows asking for password after waking up from sleep**: Hello Microsoft Team,I am having some kind of issue related to passwords. My Computer does not ask for password when I turn it on. But after waking it from sleep it ask's for password, I want to disable that password after waking it from sleep. How can I do that?...
  7. Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 always asks for password after sleep.: Has anyone figured out how to prevent Windows 10 from requiring a new login after sleep mode? BTW...I don't mind a new sign-in after power restart...that's a good security measure. But why do I need to constantly sign-in on a protected computer that I walked away from for...
  8. will not ask for password after sleep

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    will not ask for password after sleep: I am trying to make W10 ask for my logon password after going to sleep. I went into the settings and clearly set it to ask for the logon after it has gone to sleep. I set it to sleep after 15 minutes and it does go to sleep , but shaking the mouse will wake the system without...
  9. How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to stop Windows 10 from asking for a password to log on: There are two users on my Windows 10 PC: me and my wife. We both use Microsoft accounts rather than local I know how to automatically log in to one account every time, but that's not what I'm trying to do. I've also turned off W10 asking for a password when waking from...
  10. Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asking for password instead of PIN after waking from sleep: I have set up a pin, when I start or restart the laptop, windows 10 asks for the pin, however when the laptop wakes from sleep, it asks for the pin. How can I set it to also ask for the pin after waking from sleep?...