Windows 10: Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

Discus and support Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My folders and files are locked and I cannot use them. I decided to check the administrator account and followed the steps: Properties>Advanced >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RahelBeyene, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

My folders and files are locked and I cannot use them.

I decided to check the administrator account and followed the steps:

Properties>Advanced > Administrators. I was terrified to find a lot of unknown entries with a long sequence of numbers and letters. I cannot delete them because when trying I received a message that the deletion could cause problems to the system. Please, what is it and how these unknown entries could appear in my system?

:)

RahelBeyene, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Cr00zng Win User

WMP for version 1809...

My Windows 10 N, version 1803 had used Windows Media Player via installing it from the "Windows_MediaFeaturePack_x64_1803.msu" file.

Updating to 1809 removed the WMP and no longer available in the apps list:

Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue [​IMG]

There's an updated version listed at:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-n-editions

But clicking on the link and looking for the 1809 in the drop down list of versions does not show the media feature pack available for download for 1809; instead it shows version 1709 and 1803.

Does anyone have a direct link to WMP for Windows 10 N, version 1809?

TIA...

Cr00zng, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released

Source: Resuming the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog

See also:

Source:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619

Updates:

See also:

Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue [​IMG]
    Tip How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10

How to Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Windows 10 Update Assistant

How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released

New upgrade block added 21 November. This time it's apparently Intel who have QA issues (for a change).

Bree, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue

1. Windows update to version 1809 led to the issue - Similar Threads - update version 1809

2. Windows update issue led to a mess!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update issue led to a mess!!: Hello guys, I will try to describe everythig the way they happened to me.1 - November's update for nvdia driver came up, however I got a Failed to install message. I did not bother myself.2 - Geforce Experience update came up, same failed message. I went to their support and...
  3. Windows update issue led to a mess!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update issue led to a mess!!: Hello guys, I will try to describe everythig the way they happened to me.1 - November's update for nvdia driver came up, however I got a Failed to install message. I did not bother myself.2 - Geforce Experience update came up, same failed message. I went to their support and...
  4. Windows update issue led to a mess!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update from version 1809 to 1909 issue: [ATTACH] Hi, I checked for updates today and saw this message. All good, I clicked "Download and install now", took a while to finish and I got a notification that I have to restart the PC for installation to complete, I did that and after a couple of restarts, I get this...
  6. Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution issue with Windows Update version 1809: Since the recent Windows update Version 1809 (Build: 17763.292), we are experiencing issues with the Resolution Settings for Multiple Displays. For our application it is crucial that the external monitor is running on a resolution in duplicate mode, which is not the...
  7. Update to version 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to version 1809: Where can I find a list of the machines & software that are not compatible with version of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-version-1809/ad465a55-4915-40f1-b8da-7ce5d4f58977
  8. Version 1809 update

Version 1809 update: I just bought a new computer and it did all the updates that were overdue when I turned it on back on 10/22/2018. The version 1803 was updated. Now, today, 12/14/2018, when I click on "Check for Updates" it says I am up to date but my laptop just did the version 1809 update...
  9. windows updates version 1809

windows updates version 1809: My update history shows that feature update to windows 10 version 1809 requires a restart but when I restart the computer, nothing happens, the same message remains in update history. If I do a check for updates it tells me I am up to date....
  10. Windows Update Version 1809

Windows Update Version 1809: 1809 will not update on my pc. I'm running Win10 on a Dell XPS 8300 and had zero problems with the 1803 update. I've tried all the things everyone says to try with no avail. The update downloads, then installs to 100%, then I get a FAIL notice saying, "Windows was unable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 stuck at 98%