Windows 10: WTP Navigation Pane

Discus and support WTP Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Still wondering if anyone figured out why there is two entries for external hard drives in the navigation pane? While I'm at it; anyone understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edwin, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Edwin New Member

WTP Navigation Pane

Still wondering if anyone figured out why there is two entries for external hard drives in the navigation pane?

While I'm at it; anyone understand the mysterious 'omni-presence' of the 'Home' folder?

WTP Navigation Pane [​IMG]

:)

Edwin, Dec 23, 2014

2. Widows 10 File explorer

The Details and Preview Panes are at the right. The left is the Navigation Pane. Click View then the Navigation Button and uncheck the Navigation Pane.

Bruce Hagen, Dec 23, 2014
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    How to make file explorer look more simple?

Remove the Navigation pane:

File Explorer > View tab > Panes group > Navigation pane dropdown box > remove the check mark from Navigation Pane

BulldogXX, Dec 23, 2014
  4. ghstrdr Win User

WTP Navigation Pane

Edwin........................I've been wondering the same thing, but as its a minor glitch I figured it would have been reported as I have done and possibly fixed by now. Maybe Shawn can help us out here.

ghstrdr, Dec 23, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    Could be, but I've been doing a bunch of experimenting with said folders to no avail. File Explorer seems to be a lot more complex than in previous builds.
    I did manage to eliminate the Home folder, (so I thought!), but then when I closed File Explorer, 'Home' would show up as an active, temporary link on the desktop which would disappear with a click of the Refresh button!?
    The Home folder, much like Favorites, seems to be somewhat of a 'ground zero'/'holding area' for everything that goes on in File Explorer, yet, it has no path, it has no .ini configuration file and has no Properties!?

As far as the double drive entries is concerned, my only guess, at the moment, has something to do with the manner in which Explorer gathers content and from where. Just a stab in the dark though! *Smile

Maybe when Windows 10 gets released, 'Wiley' will come out with another 'Windows Bible'! *Wink

Edwin, Dec 23, 2014
  6. I thought that I read that "Home" is like "Recent Places".

lehnerus2000, Dec 23, 2014
  7. Mystere Win User
    This seems to be a 'work in progress'. Microsoft is making changes from one version to the next in regards to the home folder, such as adding pinning and what not. My guess is that this will evolve over the next 6 months or so.

As for the double icons, probably also part of the "work in progress". They haven't fully removed all code yet from one part of explorer while adding it to another.

Mystere, Dec 23, 2014
  8. usasma Win User

WTP Navigation Pane

I've been puzzled by this since it appeared in Win8.
    I think it's an attempt to make your attached devices more accessible - but the dupiication actually just confuses things.

Right now, on Win8, I have 2 entries for my wife's computer, and 4 or 5 for my Western Digital Cloud device (haven't hooked these up to Win10 yet).

usasma, Dec 23, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    I don't know if this is a clue or not, but why do the external hard drive entries show up in the default 'Desktop' folder!?

WTP Navigation Pane [​IMG]

Edwin, Dec 23, 2014
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to the Home folder by default which shows your Pin to home items, and Frequent folders, and Recent files. Think of Home as a new and improved "Recent Places" from previous Windows.

Not sure about the multiple copies of the same drive showing, but most likely a bug that will be corrected in the consumer preview build on January 21st.

Brink, Dec 23, 2014
  11. Paul Win User
    This happens when the hard drive is defined as a replacement, check whether there is a disc in the Safely Remove Hardware.
    If he's there, remove or rename the CLSID {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} from the
    Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders[/quote] Sorry for the bad english *Smile

12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I thought it had been fixed -- obviously not yet == however that's a small error that will surely get fixed.
    What I WOULD like to remove is the ONEDRIVE folder though.

Cheers
    jmbo

jimbo45, Jan 28, 2015
  13. Paul Win User

WTP Navigation Pane

Removing {F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83} fix doubling drives but removable drives will not be displayed in navigation pane too, will be displayed only in This PC

14. Edwin New Member
    Sorry for the bad english *Smile[/quote] Perfect! Thank you! *Smile

@ Jimbo:
    Did you try this: OneDrive - Remove from Navigation Pane in Windows 8.1

Only bummer now is, under 'Quick accress', (aka 'Favorites'), you can't rename the entries and you can't drag them into random order, they stay in alphabetical order!

Edwin, Jan 28, 2015
  15. Edwin New Member
    Wrong info in my previous post Jimbo, it should be here:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{xxxxxx......}

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

WTP Navigation Pane

1. WTP Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - WTP Navigation Pane

2. freeze navigation pane

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    freeze navigation pane: Good morning I have a bug with the navigation pane. When I want to copy files between two windows next to each other. When I select my files on my windows and I hover the mouse over the navigation pane it crashes the windows explorer. I tried a scannow and error checking on...
  3. Navigation pane shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation pane shortcut: To control the navigation pane in File Explorer a user must click view > show > navigation pane. I understand that there is no keyboard shortcut built in Windows 11 to perform that operation. However, could someone please reply with instructions on how I could create my own...
  4. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  5. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  6. Navigation pane blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane blank: Hey all, We have a user that is having an issue with her navigation pane when she saves attachments from Outlook. Whether she saves one or multiple attachments and the File Explorer window comes up to save the whole navigation pane is blank see picture. Any quick fixes?...
  7. Navigation pane Entry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Navigation pane Entry: I’m showing a listing ‘MININT-TGA-TGA1D1C’ in my navigation pane #1. Do any on this forum have any idea what this is all about? My 1st search of MININT came up with some thing related to the Cuban Ministry #2 screen. After using all letters in quotation marks I got the 3rd...
  8. navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    navigation pane: where do I control the navigation pane in w10 113744
  9. Navigation Pane Blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Blank: Hi guys, Got this weird issue that's started today, for some reason my navigation pane is blank.... [img] 38052
  10. Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane: Can anyone tell me how to get the folders in the navigation pane of file explorer to expand to show the sub folders. If I right click the folder, 'Expand' is greyed out. This has only happened since the AU. Thank you 64888