Windows 10: Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Will there be any downsides to turning this to active? I kept receiving "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued." errors in the event log and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by bobsagetfullhou, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

Will there be any downsides to turning this to active? I kept receiving "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued." errors in the event log and someone recommended me to do this.

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Jul 26, 2017
  2. zhk_ms Win User

Event ID 129 - storahci resetting raidport0

First of all we need to change "AHCI Link Power Management" which is a hidden setting on power management. Open up registry editor and change the following settings.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\0b2d69d7-a2a1-449c-9680-f91c70521c60

Change attributes from 1 to 2

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\dab60367-53fe-4fbc-825e-521d069d2456

And again change Attributes from 1 to 2.

Now go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Options click on "Change Plan Settings" and then click on "Change
    advanced Power settings".

Now under "Hard disk" you should have AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM and AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive options.

Change "AHCI Link power management" To active, which means there is no power management for AHCI and finally change Adaptive to 0 milliseconds (Although if you enabled "active" this option has no effect).

Finally under "PCI Express" Change "Link State Power management" to OFF.

Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

zhk_ms, Jul 26, 2017
  3. KB3194798 installs fine but computer becomes unusable

Reverting the Intel HD driver to that of Microsoft did not solve the problem !!

PC unusable.

UPDATE : Finally I found a workaround, thanks to a forum I unfortunately lost track of.

Microsoft, please tell me how to just configure my PC right, as this seems a workaround a bug !!.

"" extract from some blog that made my PC run again with unknown consequences (many thanks again to the author) :

First of all we need to change "AHCI Link Power Management" which is a hidden setting on power management. Open up registry editor and change the following settings.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\0b2d69d7-a2a1-449c-9680-f91c70521c60

Change attributes from 1 to 2

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\0012ee47-9041-4b5d-9b77-535fba8b1442\dab60367-53fe-4fbc-825e-521d069d2456

And again change Attributes from 1 to 2.

Now go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Power Options click on "Change Plan Settings" and then click on "Change advanced Power settings".

Now under "Hard disk" you should have AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM and AHCI Link Power Management - Adaptive options.

Change "AHCI Link power management" To active, which means there is no power management for AHCI and finally change Adaptive to 0 milliseconds (Although if you enabled "active" this option has no effect).

Finally under "PCI Express" Change "Link State Power management" to OFF.

""

Microsoft, please tell us how to go back to standard parameters.

Didier

DidierMithouard, Jul 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows

Hey Bob, *Smile

If you have any issues, you can always set it back to its default setting.

Brink, Jul 26, 2017
  5. brummyfan Win User
    Hi Shawn,
    Thanks a lot for this nice tutorial and the reg files, great help *Thumbs

brummyfan, Nov 5, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Glad it could help mate. *Smile

Brink, Nov 5, 2017
  7. Hey Bob, did this fix your errors? I'm experiencing the same issue and have a lot of important data saved on this drive that I am unable to backup at this point in time.

Thanks

InfiniteSpace, Jan 26, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad it could help Maleko. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
  9. maleko48 Win User
    Thank you for this!

I was able to significantly reduce my laptop's power consumption by setting my AHCI SSDs to "Lowest" mode which finally allowed my Intel i7 7700HQ to enter package sleep states deeper than C2. (It was set to "HIPM" by default.)

Before, when it could not go deeper than C2 my CPU idle power consumption was 2.0 - 3.0W watts. Now that the package can go up to C7 it idles around 0.3 - 0.4W.

*Smile

maleko48, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Add AHCI Link

2. Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Options: My Question is I would like to add Sleep and Hibernate to Power Options : ShutDown and ReStart , As this is my first visit to MS Community and detailed Instructions are not available as far as I can experience or see I am hoping for a solution as I have tried my best to...
  3. Missing power plan in power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power plan in power options: I always choosing only power saver power plan to prevent cpu usage high and overheating. But starting may the power plan settings is missing only 'Balanced(Recommended)" is the remain choice. I think caused by windows update. Anybody microsoft personnel who read this pls...
  4. Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 power options/ processor power management settings gone.: Hi, Im new here to the forum because i have an odd issue and i can't find anything on the net so i thought i ask here. I am on Windows 10 - 64 version 1607 build 14393.1358 The problem is that i don't have the options for processor power management anymore in power...
  5. Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?: I got to realize windows implemented its own battery power manager , it is set on "Best Performance" while I already have a manufacturer battery power manager that is installed but two years old (Early 2016) that reports being up to date set on "Balance Mode" , now i am...
  6. Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options: Hi, I am planning to use my Connect windows 10 tablet as a dedicated sat nav and media player in my car. Can anyone tell me how I set up the tablet to start up when the power is supplied through the USB when I turn on the ignition and to shut down when the ignition is turned...
  7. Power management?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power management?: When I change the power management to never turn the screen off on my desktop the setting is back to 15 minutes when the Pc is restarted. On my laptop I don't have this problem and I can't find a setting in the BIOS which can be the cause? I use build 10586.11 64 bit....
  8. Power Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options: Hiya, even though I have changed my plugged in power options my laptop still was to go to sleep after a few minutes even though is still plugged in. Can anybody advise how to rectify this please? TIA 97359
  9. Add shortcut to Power options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add shortcut to Power options?: The Power options on the Start Menu has 3 items: Sleep, Shut down and Restart. I've created a shortcut to lock the screen, which is on the desktop. Is it possible to include it in the Power options? [img] 38547
  10. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Internet Explorer Power Options in Windows: Why Change JavaScript Timer Frequency in Windows 10 IE11 does not have a Command Prompt command? The link goes to SevenForums?! *Sad 3097