Windows 10: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

Discus and support Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jerry06, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Jerry06 Win User

Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details will vary depending on the file type, it can include information (values) like title, subject, rating, tags, categories, authors, album, genre, and much more.

These file property details (metadata) can be seen in the infotips (pop-up descriptions).

You can also search by file properties in the File Explorer search box.

This tutorial will show you how to add, change, and remove property details for files in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    EXAMPLE: File properties

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Change Properties of a File
    1. Right click or press and hold on the file, and click/tap on Properties.

2. Click/tap on the Details tab, and hover over the pointer over the values on the right side to see what you are able to add or change. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the value of the property you want to change or add, type or select the details you want, and click/tap on OK when finished. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove Properties of a File
    1. Right click or press and hold on the file, and click/tap on Properties.

2. Click/tap on the Details tab, and click/tap on the Remove Properties and Personal Information link at the bottom. (see screenshot below)

3. Select (dot) the Remove the following properties from this file option. (see screenshot below step 4)

4. Check the boxes of properties you want to remove from this file, and click/tap on OK when finished. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Jerry06, Sep 11, 2017

2. Changing Property Details

So I have a couple video files on my computer that organize themselves with the property details title instead of the name I give it. Ive been trying to change or delete the "Title" it was given but then it tells me I need permission from the administrator.
    But the admin it lists...is me....

does ANYONE know how I can just delete the title? or give myself permission to change it?

KaseyStugart, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Changing Property Details

Hello Kasey,

To resolve file access denied on Windows 10, we recommend checking the solution provided on the article about
    "Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows on this

link

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Ernie San, Sep 11, 2017
Thema:

Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

1. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Change Remove

2. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  3. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown: CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldownIF not why? And is it something that can be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-or-add-properties-to-a-txt-file-in/9cbc70db-fe96-40a1-9625-21cfe49d456a
  4. CAN you CHANGE or ADD properties to a .txt file in the "Details" tab pulldown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window

File owner does not change on the Details tab of the Properties window: I made the MS Word document and I need to remove all personal information from the file properties. When I go to the file properties on Details tab I see my username original file owner despite I've changed the file owner on the Security Settings to the "Administrator"...
  6. Unable to change file Details under Properties

Unable to change file Details under Properties: Hello I have 2 .mp3 files I uploaded of which I am unable to change the file properties. I downloaded both files, put them in my playlists folder, and when I right click each file and go to Properties ---> Details, there is no way to change the song title or artist. The song...
  7. Add details to files in the detail view

Add details to files in the detail view: Hello. I have a folder, "Invoices," that has a few different file types in it. The files are invoices that I get from vendors, normally as email attachments. I have over 100 vendors and I get the invoices as PDF's, Excel, or Word. I drag and drop the email attachment to...
  8. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  9. Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details?: Can I add a field to file -> Properties -> Details tab? When I am working on a project, it would be nice to be able to add a comment field to the Details tab. I have a separate "notes.txt" for the project but if I could add notes to the Details tab, then I wouldn't need to...
  10. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...