Windows 10: Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

Discus and support Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove USB "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" from Power Options in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

How to: Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

How to Add or Remove USB "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" from Power Options in Windows

The USB Hub Selective Suspend Timeout setting in Power Options allows users to specify the idle timeouts in milliseconds for all USB hubs.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Hub Selective Suspend Timeout under USB settings in Power Options for all users in Windows 8 and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" in Power Options

Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 0853a681-27c8-4100-a2fd-82013e970683 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 0853a681-27c8-4100-a2fd-82013e970683 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3\0853a681-27c8-4100-a2fd-82013e970683

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Hub_Selective_Suspend_Timeout_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Hub Selective Suspend Timeout" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Hub_Selective_Suspend_Timeout_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

[fb]https://www.facebook.com/tenforums/posts/1129851437197235/fb]
    :)

Brink, Mar 7, 2017

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Unable to disable USB Selective Suspend

Try this:

Go into your device manager and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Under there you will see USB hubs. In the properties for these hubs you will see a power management tab. Go under that tab and uncheck the option that allows the computer to turn the hubs off.

ArazelEternal, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

USB selective suspend settings not available?

Hello Grant,

To answer your question about USB Selective Suspend Settings, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • Select Choose when to turn off the display.
    • Open Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand USB settings and USB selective suspend setting.
    • Select Enabled (default) or Disabled.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Please check out the image below for your reference:

Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows 1f6ab742-6b2f-4cb8-ae34-a5db8caa86d8.png

Keep us informed about the outcome.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Oct 27, 2019
  5. John_334 Win User
    Windows 10, unable to disable USB selective suspend

Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I have noticed that my external USB device powers off after a few minutes of inactivity.

I have researched this, and already changed the following setting:

For all 4 power plans listed on my computer, I have gone to "USB settings", and selected "disable" for "USB selective suspend setting" for both "on Battery" and "Plugged in" for all 4 power plans.

Device manager: "USB Serial Bus Controllers", I have made sure all USB items that have a "Power Management" tab are unchecked for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

The issue continues, the USB device still turns off after a few minutes of inactivity. This happens on 2 separate Windows 10 machines, and never happened on the same machine running Windows 7, before the upgrade to Windows 10.

Are there any other settings that I need to change to disable the USB selective suspend in Windows 10?

Is there a registry setting where I can simply change the timeout period to some other timeout value, i.e. 60 minutes?

John_334, Oct 27, 2019
  6. USB Selective Suspend is not working

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

I suggest to post this under "Sleep and Power on/off" or "Windows Settings."

Also refer this for Windows USB Selective Suspend:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

GaneshGandhi1982, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows

1. Add Hub Selective Suspend Timeout to Power Options in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Hub Selective

2. Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning

in Windows 10 News
    Selective Suspend causes USB devices on USB hub to stop functioning: [ATTACH]You may notice USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go into selective suspend. In this post, we will identify the root cause of the issue, as well as provide the most suitable solutions to resolve the issue on...
  3. Selectively suspend applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selectively suspend applications: I've got a Bluestacks emulator running with several multiplayer game windows open, and I want to be able to selectively suspend the entire Bluestacks program, much like sleep mode. Right now, If the entire PC sleeps and wakes, the game running in the emulator will receive a...
  4. USB Selective Suspend

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Selective Suspend: I've got an issue with selective suspend of a thermal printer in Windows 10 and I can't seem to find anywhere that specifically states the length of time Windows will wait. Any chance there's a simple answer for this? I'm able to disable it entirely, but it seems weird that...
  5. Add shortcut to Power options?

in Windows 10 Support
    Add shortcut to Power options?: The Power options on the Start Menu has 3 items: Sleep, Shut down and Restart. I've created a shortcut to lock the screen, which is on the desktop. Is it possible to include it in the Power options? [img] 38547
  6. Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "SEC NVMe Idle Timeout" from Power Options in Windows 10 In the Windows 10 Creators Update Power Options lets users set to have NVMe devices power down after a specified...
  7. Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows: How to: Remove 'USB selective suspend setting' in Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "USB selective suspend setting" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify whether USB selective suspend is turned on or off. The USB...
  8. Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove SEC NVMe Idle Timeout from Power Options in Windows 10: Please share your findings when able. It'll be interesting to see what results you have.
  9. Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows: How to: Add System unattended sleep timeout to Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "System unattended sleep timeout" from Power Options in Windows The System unattended sleep timeout power setting is the idle timeout before the system returns to a low power...
  10. Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add Console lock display off timeout to Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Console lock display off timeout" from Power Options in Windows 10 locks the computer before timing out and automatically turning off the display. The Console lock...