Windows 10: Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Dropbox is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10

Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software.

Dropbox is a home for all your photos, docs, videos, and files. Anything you add to Dropbox will automatically show up on all your computers, phones and even the Dropbox website — so you can access your stuff from anywhere.

If you installed the Dropbox app on your PC, then you can add a Dropbox desktop icon to your desktop.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove a Dropbox desktop icon for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Dropbox desktop icon

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel

{E31EA727-12ED-4702-820C-4B6445F28E1A} DWORD

0 = Add
    1 = Remove

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Dropbox Desktop Icon
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Dropbox _Desktop_Icon.reg

Download

3. To Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Dropbox _Desktop_Icon.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. Refresh (F5) your desktop to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 21, 2017

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Oct 26, 2019
  5. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Easy Rhino, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Dropbox Desktop Icon in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Dropbox

2. add program icon to desktop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    add program icon to desktop Windows 10: how to add program icons to desktop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-program-icon-to-desktop-windows-10/a16825c2-2b65-41f9-8858-96a00e282bbd
  3. New Dropbox add-on for Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    New Dropbox add-on for Gmail: [ATTACH] Scattered content is an everyday problem for many people. Any given file could be sitting on your desktop, attached to an email thread, tied to a database, or stored in any number of different places. We’re taking on this problem by making Dropbox a unified home...
  4. Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows How to Add or Remove Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on Desktop in Windows By default, Windows uses drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop. Depending on if your desktop background is light or...
  5. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  6. Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive...
  7. Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup makes...
  8. Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Default Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Common Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts that you can add or remove as icons on...
  9. Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Libraries Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Libraries gather added folders that are stored in different locations so you can browse them in one place. This tutorial will show...
  10. Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Internet Explorer Desktop Icon in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows includes the common This PC (aka: Computer), User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel shortcuts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add dropbox icon to desktop windows 10