Windows 10: Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Hidden Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 [img] Information In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Cluster Head, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Hidden Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can enable a secret Samples page in Settings. This secret Samples page contains the Settings team's tests and examples for future implementations.

The settings on the Samples page do not actually change anything since they are only examples, and may change from build to build.

If you like, you may want to add the Samples page to look and play with just to see what the Microsoft Settings team is working on.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the secret hidden Samples Settings page for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Samples page in Settings

Here's How:

Note The .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel

EnableSamplesPage DWORD

(delete) or 0 = Remove
    1 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Samples Settings Page
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Samples_Settings_page.reg

Download

3. To Remove Samples Settings Page
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Samples_Settings_page.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If Settings is currently open, then close and reopen to apply.

Note If your changes do not get applied, then you can sign in to apply instead.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Cluster Head, Mar 1, 2016
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 26, 2019
  4. RickC Win User

Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10

Hi Brink,

Many thanks for the info and the REG files.

Most people will probably display files sorted by name in File Explorer. As the number of saved files increases, so does the distance between the Add file and its Remove companion file, as shown in this screenshot:

If the files were renamed (for example, perhaps following the page order in Settings) and the 'action' was appended (in capitals, so it stands out) then both files would remain together no matter how many files were in the folder. As another suggestion, info about which is the default setting could also be appended - again, so it's clear.

I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion.

RickC, Oct 26, 2019
  5. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Samples Settings Page in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Samples

2. Windows 10 Settings Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings Page: I pressed something accidentally and the top of my "Settings" page in Windows 10 now has a large bar that includes the following headings/information -- "Local Account" "One Drive" and "Windows Update." The top of the page previously just said "Windows Settings" and now I...
  3. Add or Remove Programs leads to the main page of Windows Setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add or Remove Programs leads to the main page of Windows Setting: When i search, "Add or Remove Programs" in cortana search box, it leads to the main page of the windows settings. When I search Add or Remove Programs in Windows Settings, it does not prompt me anywhere. I also cannot find add or remove programs under app features. Please...
  4. How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10: I am trying to add new application (same as whats-app) except the suggested application by windows on share menu (that is appear after right click on the object e.g. an picture). I searched on internet. the solution is to do it via share menu. the share menu is not...
  5. How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10

How to add or remove differensiert settings in the settings app in Windows 10: Hey, i was wondering on how i can chnage what settings me and the users of the computer is able to go into. For an example if i want to block accounts settings in the settings app what would i do then? Please help me i need this fast! Also if it is possible to do in the...
  6. Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Apps to Not be Included in Sets of Tabs in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in...
  7. Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows How to Add or Remove Compatibility Tab on Properties Page in Windows The Compatibility tab on the property page displays a list of options that can be selected and applied to the application to resolve...
  8. Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Share Settings Page in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 15007 released on January 12th 2017. [img] Information Windows 10...
  9. Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mixed Reality page from Settings in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mixed Reality from Main Page of Settings in Windows 10 Microsoft will be bringing Mixed Reality to Windows 10 in the Creators Update when released to the general public on April...
  10. Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Windows Insider Program Settings Page in Windows 10 [img] Information You can get Insider Preview builds to make sure you get all the new features that are on the way and...