Windows 10: Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 Starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

Starting with Windows 10 Spring Creators Update version 1803 build 17101, Microsoft introduced a new Ultimate Performance power plan scheme.

A new power scheme – Ultimate Performance: Demanding workloads on workstations always desire more performance. As part of our effort to provide the absolute maximum performance were introducing a new power policy called Ultimate Performance. Windows has developed key areas where performance and efficiency tradeoffs are made in the OS. Over time, weve amassed a collection of settings which allow the OS to quickly tune the behavior based on user preference, policy, underlying hardware or workload.

This new policy builds on the current High-Performance policy, and it goes a step further to eliminate micro-latencies associated with fine grained power management techniques. The Ultimate Performance Power plan is selectable either by an OEM on new systems or selectable by a user. To do so, you can go to Control Panel and navigate to Power Options under Hardware and Sound (you can also run Powercfg.cpl). Just like other power policies in Windows, the contents of the Ultimate Performance policy can be customized.

As the power scheme is geared towards reducing micro-latencies it may directly impact hardware; and consume more power than the default balanced plan. The Ultimate Performance power policy is currently not available on battery powered systems.

While Microsoft has restricted the new Ultimate Performance power plan to only be available for the Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 17101) and later.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Ultimate Performance power plan scheme in any version of Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add "Ultimate Performance" Power Plan in Windows 10 by using Command
    • Option Two: To Add "Ultimate Performance" Power Plan in Windows 10 by Importing POW file
    • Option Three: To Remove "Ultimate Performance" Power Plan in Windows 10

EXAMPLE: Ultimate Performance power plan added and removed

Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add "Ultimate Performance" Power Plan in Windows 10 by using Command

*note This option is only available in Windows 10 version 1803 and later.
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
    3. You can now close the command prompt if you like.

4. Users on the PC will now be able to select the "Ultimate Performance" power plan as their active power plan.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add "Ultimate Performance" Power Plan in Windows 10 by Importing POW file

*note You must be signed in as an Option One will not work for you.
    1. Click/tap on the download button below to download the Ultimate_Performance.zip file.
    Download
    2. Save the Ultimate_Performance.zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the Ultimate_Performance.zip file.

4. Open the Ultimate_Performance.zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the Ultimate_Performance.pow file to your desktop.

5. Open an elevated command prompt.

6. Type the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter to import the power plan. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow powercfg -import "Full path of .pow file"

*note Substitute Full path of .pow file in the command above with the actual full path of the Ultimate_Performance.pow file from step 4.

For example: powercfg -import "C:\Users\Brink\Desktop\Ultimate_Performance.pow"

7. When finished, you can close the elevated command prompt if you like.

8. Users on the PC will now be able to select the "Ultimate Performance" power plan as their active power plan.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Remove "Ultimate Performance" Power Plan in Windows 10
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the Power Options icon.

2. Click/tap on the Change plan settings link for the Ultimate Performance power plan. (see screenshot below)

*note If the Ultimate Performance power plan is currently selected as your active plan, then you will need to select (dot) a different plan to be your active plan first.

3. Click/tap on the Delete this plan link. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on OK to confirm. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close the "Edit Plan Settings" window if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Dec 1, 2016
  2. Cliff S Win User

I'd be interested keep me posted please?

What Ultimate is suppose to do, that's different from High Performance is cut out/reduce micro latencies .
    So another possibility is it forces Windows to use the HPET timer over system timer, if present in BIOS.

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2019
  3. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan?

Kiwiprobie1, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  5. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

The second link says you can enable it anyway, so I'd try it if you think your rig might benefit. It just gives the hardware all the power it can use.

But do read everything about it first. More here including benchmarks and feedback:

https://www.slashgear.com/windows-10-pro-ultima...

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...

https://www.tweakhound.com/2018/05/08/windows-1...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/15/17015674/mic...

Greg Carmack - MVP, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Cliff S Win User

Now that I updated my system to RP ring powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 worked great for meAdd or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 :)

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Ultimate

2. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  3. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Ultimate performance power plan?: Hello Microsoft, I would love to get some help. I bought a new PC, a high end one, and I want to play on Ultimate performance power plan but it didn't show up. I tried to add it using the commad prompt and the method where I import it as a file but it didn't work so please...
  4. how to add Ultimate performance power plan?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ultimate Performance Battery Plan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate Performance Battery Plan: I was just wondering how to enable the ultimate performance battery plan on my dell laptop running windows 11.I have tried using cmd prompt and powershell with admin by typing this into both: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 but I am still not...
  6. Ultimate Performance Battery Plan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate Performance Battery Plan: I was just wondering how to enable the ultimate performance battery plan on my dell laptop running windows 11.I have tried using cmd prompt and powershell with admin by typing this into both: powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 but I am still not...
  7. Ultimate Performance power plan unable to be added on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ultimate Performance power plan unable to be added on Windows 10.: Hey all! I recently got a new laptop (Lenovo Yoga 6) since I heard a lot of good stuff about it, but I’m having an issue with the power plans for Windows 10. Only the Balanced plan is available to be selected. The other power plans simply don’t show up at all. I found a...
  8. Ultimate power plan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ultimate power plan: I build my dad a budget gaming PC I got him a win10 and Im curious if the Ultimate performance powerplan can damage the PC and can it help in games,I saw on internet that it keeps everything on 100% and that maybe it OC some things Specifications: Cpu: Ryzen 3 1200 3.1ghz...
  9. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c
  10. Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Ultimate Performance Power Plan in Windows 10: I did this trick on a win home 1803 version and while it does show the plan alright. Looking at the actual power plan in the reg key e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61 shows very little, there only a few keys and are same as HP plan. So IMO either this trick doesn't fully...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download ultimate performance.pow

2. ultimate_performance.zip