Windows 10: Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options

Discus and support Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options How to Add or Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by sero, Apr 21, 2018.

1. sero Win User

Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options

How to: Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options

How to Add or Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" from Power Options in Windows

The Power Options allows users to specify the lower busy threshold that must be met before decreasing the processor's performance state (in percentage).

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Processor performance decrease threshold setting under Processor power management in Power Options for all users in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*Warning You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove this setting in Power Options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Add or Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    • Option Two: Add or Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" in Power Options using REG file

EXAMPLE: "Processor performance decrease threshold" in Power Options

Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Add or Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" in Power Options using Command Prompt
    1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. Type the command below you want to use into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter.
    (Add)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 12a0ab44-fe28-4fa9-b3bd-4b64f44960a6 -ATTRIB_HIDE

OR

(Remove - default)
    powercfg -attributes SUB_PROCESSOR 12a0ab44-fe28-4fa9-b3bd-4b64f44960a6 +ATTRIB_HIDE
    3. You can now close the elevated command prompt if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] Add or Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" in Power Options using REG file

*note The downloaded .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\12a0ab44-fe28-4fa9-b3bd-4b64f44960a6

Attributes DWORD

1 = Remove
    2 = Add

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Processor performance decrease threshold" to Power Options
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Processor_performance_decrease_threshold_to_Power_Options.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Processor performance decrease threshold" from Power Options
    *note This is the default setting if supported by your processor.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Processor_performance_decrease_threshold_from_Power_Options.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

2. processor power management optimization

ive been playing around with the processor power management options for quite a while already since i noticed that my old notebook's cpu (i7-720qm) struggles with running on full power (mainly due to heat i assume).

i already managed to optimize performance quite noticeably, but some of the settings are not fully clear to me resp. their default settings are quite confusing, even contradicting to their descriptions.

so if there is somebody familiar with processor power management - ie. idle and performance states and their respective settings, some explanations and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

my main aim is to make the cpu run on as few cores/threads possible, clocked as high as possible, before unparking additional cores/threads. ie. to be highly responsive for just a few tasks rather than manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and not getting
    throttled because too many threads get unparked although just a few - but clocked high - would manage it better. mainly because most of my tasks much more require few but high clocked threads than more parallel processing.

here are the settings i have set currently:

processor performance increase threshold - 30%

processor performance core parking min cores - 13%

processor performance decrease threshold - 20%

processor performance core parking concurrency threshold - 95%

processor energy performance preference policy - 20%

allow throttle states - off

processor performance decrease policy - ideal

processor performance core parking parked performance state - no preference

processor performance boost policy - 100%

processor performance increase policy ideal - aggressive

processor idle demote threshold - 30%

processor performance core parking distribution threshold - 90%

processor duty cycling - disabled

processor idle disable enable - idle

processor performance core parking decrease threshold - 60%

processor performance core parking decrease policy - ideal

processor idle promote threshold - 50%

minimum processor state - 50%

processor performance autonomous mode - enabled

processor performance core parking overutilization threshold - 80%

system cooling policy - active

processor performance core parking core override - disabled

maximum processor state - 100%

processor performance boost mode - aggressive

processor performance core parking increase policy - ideal

processor performance core parking increase threshold - 80%

processor performance core parking utility distribution - disabled

processor performance core parking max cores - 100%

what confuses me a bit are the default settings in power saver & high performance profiles of

processor idle demote threshold - ps: 20% / hp: 40%

processor idle promote threshold - ps: 40% / hp: 60%

judging from their descriptions, i would actually suggest them being exactly opposite?!

any suggestions on these two options resp. how to optimize the power settings better to achieve what i explained above - as few cores/threads unparked as possible, clocked as high as possible, before unparking more, without capping
    min/max states or preventing threads from parking/unparking completely?

thanks

necrophyte, Apr 21, 2018
  3. Windows 10 only use half of max cpu speed

Follow this thread, add back min processor state and max processor state to Windows power options.

Power Options - Add or Remove "Min/Max processor state"

Open Windows power options and change the Max Processor State from 50% to 100%, Win10 default 50%.

Then, the CPU frequency dynamic range can be exceed 50% ceiling.

Fenton Cheung, Apr 21, 2018
Thema:

Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options

1. Add Processor performance decrease threshold to Windows Power Options - Similar Threads - Add Processor performance

2. power option processor power management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    power option processor power management: i have problem when i put on maximum processor state to 100% fps drops and when it is on 80% there are no more fps drops pls can someone help me submitted by /u/Impuls45 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows performance decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows performance decreased: So i did a new installation of windows from a Srttrail.txt error with a USB. Unfortunately my Lenovo Laptop has bad performance now running games. It was like 60 fps and now down to 12 fps....
  4. What is "processor performance core parking overutilization threshold"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is "processor performance core parking overutilization threshold"?: I found it after updating to the latest 2004 Windows 10 Update. I am wondering if I should keep it on 100%, If I have every single core unparked? submitted by /u/UnknownGuyiii [link] [comments]...
  5. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings? Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  6. Power Processor Performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Processor Performance: I was running high performance on my hp desktop, but now when I checked the settings the minimum and maximum settings are gone, nothing there but system cooling? So what happen to those two settings?...
  7. Add Processor performance increase threshold to Windows Power Options

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Processor performance increase threshold to Windows Power Options: How to: Add Processor performance increase threshold to Windows Power Options How to Add or Remove "Processor performance increase threshold" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the upper busy threshold that must be met before...
  8. Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Maximum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor state" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the maximum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage...
  9. Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Minimum processor state from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Minimum processor state" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options allows users to specify the minimum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percentage...
  10. Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options: How to: Add or Remove Maximum Processor Frequency in Windows 10 Power Options How to Add or Remove "Maximum processor frequency" from Power Options in Windows 10 Processor frequency specifies the operating frequency of the CPU's core(s) in MHz. The higher the frequency...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. processor performance decrease policy

2. processor performance increase threshold