Windows 10: App auto duplicates when added to start menu.

Discus and support App auto duplicates when added to start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had league of legends installed, and due to bug had to reinstall it. Apparently when trying to pin newly installed games icon to start menu it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Augiz, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Augiz Win User

App auto duplicates when added to start menu.

I had league of legends installed, and due to bug had to reinstall it. Apparently when trying to pin newly installed games icon to start menu it duplicates (I assume old icon pins too), same thing when I try to remove it.
    Heres link to video I recorded if it might help
    [youtube]wbs9sduhf70[/youtube]

Also anybody has any idea, why I cant get my most used apps to appear in start menu?

App auto duplicates when added to start menu. [​IMG]

Similiar thing with firefox icon too, trying to personalize start menu, but it seems to have better idea what color tile it needs...

App auto duplicates when added to start menu. [​IMG]

:)

Augiz, Jun 17, 2017

2. How do I remove duplicate icons from the "all apps" list???

I have 3 duplicate icons in the All Apps start menu. Firefox, Chrome, and another program. The target shortcuts for these icons are not duplicated in programs folder of the start menu. Seems strange that two of the three are for competing browsers. .

KenMacomber, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Windows Phone 8 contacts and Skype integration

I am experiencing this same thing.

In the People app it shows a contact listed once and for that contact there are four linked accounts, google, twitter, corporate email, and outlook.

If I open Skype that same contact is listed twice. Under one of the duplicated contact it says "available" and under the other it says "messenger".

I believe the duplication started when I added this contact to a Room in the People app.

Any ideas on how to clean this up or are we stuck with duplicated contacts in Skype?

Thanks!

JonDChristensen, Jun 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Augiz, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Usually when the Show most used apps setting is grayed out, you will need to turn on Let Windows track app launches to improve Start and search results.

You might try to "Pin to Start" the game from within the "All apps" list in the Start menu instead to see if that will only give you one.

Brink, Jun 17, 2017
  5. Augiz Win User
    Thanks a lot , you were right about most used apps, I had that setting turned off, now it works flawlessly.

Theres no that game in start menu (probably because its installed on the other drive). Regardless thing like this shouldnt be happening. I could try to provide more details on this. Few days ago I had to reset the windows (picked option to leave my files), after reseting windows game (even tho it was on the other drive) Didnt work, and I couldnt uninstall it from control panel (just wasnt there), also game didnt have its own uninstaller app. So I just deleted entire game folder and reinstalled it a new.

edit: now that I said it, will try removing windows.old folder.

edit2: games pinning issue fixed. But firefox still refuses to go by the customisation rules.

Augiz, Jun 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jun 17, 2017
  7. Augiz Win User
    Game pinning issue got fixed by wiping windows.old folder and emptying recycle bin. But mozilla firefox still refuses to get its tile colour changed altogether with the others.

Augiz, Jun 17, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. App auto duplicates when added to start menu. - Similar Threads - App auto duplicates

2. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  3. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplication start menu!: Good morning, I have noticed that nearly everything in my start menu left of Live Tile screen Windows 10 is duplicated! Irrespective of which one I click on they open the App so they are all live! I have read various posts but I just wanted to know the best and easiest way to...
  4. Duplication start menu!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing Recently Added apps on Start Menu from Auto Deletion: Recently Added apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 seems to automatically clear so it can give room for newcomers after some period. But I want the items in the list to never get auto-deleted so when I expand the list, I can scroll through all of my installed apps over time. How...
  6. Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate of an App in Start Menu after App update: Hello, I have a Windows Store App installed; EdgeTile Creators. It got an update and after installing that update through the Windows Store, I now have two versions of that app in the All Programs list of the Start menu; one that doesn't work when clicking on it...
  7. Duplicated icons in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated icons in Start Menu: I have a little application that scans for hijacks, malware, etc, is a verified .exe file. I want to pin it to start, it does, but with duplicates. I try removing one, but it remove the other also. 84935
  8. Duplicate Start Menu Entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate Start Menu Entries: After performing a "reset PC" last night and installing (some) of my programs, I noticed the start menu has duplicate entries for some of them. [img] In addition to Evernote, the other programs with double entries are Malwarebytes and ShareX. Both entries (for each...
  9. Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders..

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu doesn't auto-size when adding new folders..: Hi, Just tinkering with the start menu on Win 10 (Pro 64-bit) and have noticed a possible bug (unless there's a logical explanation for this behaviour?) When adding folder items to the Start menu, the menu size doesn't auto-size to fit additional items. I'd manually resized...
  10. Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding youtube as an icon app in the start menu: Hello. I have a new 2-1 table computer, which my kid is using. I would like to have youtube as an large icon in start menu (to pin it etc..). Is it possible (I assume that google is not good friend of Microsoft ...) Cheers 71483