Windows 10: Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control?

Discus and support Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My volume is consistently around 5-15%, otherwise it's too loud. My Android phone let me have more control by making the 100% loudness to be more like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Splotte, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control?

My volume is consistently around 5-15%, otherwise it's too loud. My Android phone let me have more control by making the 100% loudness to be more like 30%, so I can use the full range (0-100) for just 0-30%.

Is there a setting somewhere deep that can do the same for Windows? I'd like to actually use volume sliders more than two ticks' worth without obliterating my ears.

submitted by /u/Splotte
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Splotte, Nov 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 sound volume suddenly much lower

In the last week I have noticed that although I move the slider to maximum the sound volume is significantly lower. Any suggestions.

GordonBlue3104, Nov 8, 2019
  3. lower scaling

How do I lower the scale to make text, apps, etc lower on my laptop. Right now the lowest available is 100%

NickRomano1, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control?

Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking in Settings

How to Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

You can personalize Narrator's voice to adjust the speaking rate, pitch, and volume as well as install some third-party text-to-speech voices.

By default, the audio volume from other apps is automatically lowered so you can hear Narrator better when it's speaking.

This tutorial will show you how to turn on or off to automatically lower the volume of other apps when Narrator is speaking for your account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking in Settings
    • Option Two: Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking using a REG file

Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control? [​IMG]
    OPTION ONE
    Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can also press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side, and turn on (default) or off Lower the volume of other apps when Narrator is speaking for what you want on the right side under Personalize Narrator's voice. (see screenshot below)

3. You can now close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO
    Turn On or Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking using a REG file

*note The downloadable .reg files below will modify the string value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam

DuckAudio string value

0 = Off
    1 = On

1. Do step 2 (on) or step 3 (off) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn On Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_ON_Lower_volume_of_other_apps_when_Narrator_is_speaking.reg

3. To Turn Off Lower Volume of Other Apps when Narrator is Speaking
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_OFF_Lower_volume_of_other_apps_when_Narrator_is_speaking.reg

4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

Shawn Brink, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control?

1. Can I set maximum volume scale to be lower for more control? - Similar Threads - set maximum volume

2. Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum: Hello,I am currently facing the problem of my audio being reset constantly. To describe the issue further: I have set my headset volume to 100, but I have set my apps x to 40 and y to 70, now every time I close these apps x or y and reopen them they automatically get adjusted...
  3. Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum: Hello,I am currently facing the problem of my audio being reset constantly. To describe the issue further: I have set my headset volume to 100, but I have set my apps x to 40 and y to 70, now every time I close these apps x or y and reopen them they automatically get adjusted...
  4. Windows 10 app volume automatically setting to maximum

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  6. Is it safe to set Maximum Processor State to lower than 80%?

Is it safe to set Maximum Processor State to lower than 80%?: Hello. Due to my need of turning on my desktop with an Intel i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz for 24/7, I have searched the internet and learnt to set my Maximum Processor State to a lower percentage in the Power Plan panel. It actually helped and my CPU temperate is around 36C - 41C...
  7. How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i change the dpi scaling to lower than 100%: 100% is to big on my laptop I'd love to get everything smaller but i have no idea how to do it :/ thanks for any help. submitted by /u/OuterGalaxyS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbuo4j/how_can_i_change_the_dpi_scaling_to_lower_than_100/
  8. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  9. Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower

Volume stays at 100% even when I set it lower: This problem is a bit hard to explain, but it's extremely annoying. Whenever I play audio via my Bluetooth headphones, it blasts out at 100% volume. There's a setting called something along the lines of 'Audio preferences in Devices', which allows me to set the volume for...
  10. lower scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    lower scaling: How do I lower the scale to make text, apps, etc lower on my laptop. Right now the lowest available is 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lower-scaling/f8932adf-f7e5-47ea-b7de-d40801bcce20