Windows 10: Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10 How to Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

How to: Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

How to Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Specific commands let you navigate Windows, the web, and apps, as well as get info about the area of the PC you're in. Navigation is available using headings, links, landmarks, and more. You can read text (including punctuation) by page, paragraph, line, word, and character as well as determine characteristics like font and text color. Efficiently review tables with row and column navigation.

Narrator also has a navigation and reading mode called Scan Mode. Use it to get around Windows 10 using just the up and down arrows on your keyboard. You can also use a braille display to navigate your PC and read text.

You can personalize Narrator's voice to adjust the speaking rate, pitch, and volume as well as install some third-party text-to-speech voices.

Narrator lets you select a Narrator audio output device for where you hear Narrator's voice from.

This tutorial will show you how to select a default audio output device used to play the voice of Narrator from for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Ease of Access icon.

*note You can also press the Win+Ctrl+N keys to directly open Narrator settings.

2. Click/tap on Narrator on the left side. (see screenshot below)

3. Select a audio output device you want in the Select where you here Narrator's voice drop menu on the right side under Personalize Narrator's voice.

*note Narrator uses your Default Audio Device by default.

*tip This Select where you here Narrator's voice setting is stored in both the DesiredAudioChannel and DisplayedAudioChannel string values in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Narrator\NoRoam key in Registry Editor.

4. You can now close Settings if you like.

Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 27, 2018

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    No audio Output Device for Windows 10

Hello,

With regards to your concern about the audio issue on your output device is may be due to a corrupted system files or your driver needs to be updated. For better assistance, we'd like to ask the following:

• What's the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver of your device? If you do, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend ensuring all of your drivers are all updated. To do so, check and follow the steps on this
    link. The article is about
    How to update the drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

No Audio Output Device is installed

You can also try this possible solution to your Issue

Fix "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" Error with Device Mannager

Device Manager is another troubleshooter which could help to fix many common computer issues, including "no audio output device is installed" error on Windows 10.

Step 1. Open the search box, type devmgmt.mcs in the Run dialog to open Device Manager.

Step 2. Scroll down to find the catagory "Sound, video and game controllers", expand it to locate your audio device and select it.

Note: If you can not see the "Sound, video and game controllers" catagory, follow the steps below to find it.

• Select "Action" on the top of the panel. (If there is no "Action" tab, click on the blank place and then click on "Action")

• Select "Add Legacy hardware".

Click Next on the popping up Add Hardware Wizard window.

• Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" and then hit "Next". (If the Wizard message reads "the wizard did not find any new hardware on your computer", click Next)

Scroll down to locate the "Sound, video and game controllers" option.

• Select it and then click Next.

• Choose your exact sound card and then click Next.

Click Next to install the audio driver and then click Finish.

Step 3. Right-click on the audio device. Select Enable.

Step 4. Now check whether the audio issue is solved. If persists, choose Uninstall to remove the audio driver.

Step 5. Reboot your computer to save the changes and Windows will load you the audio driver automatically.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-...

Wilfredo_Soto, Oct 27, 2019
  5. ShogoXT Win User
    Vista sound output to two devices

Ive tried to search this up, but so far I haven't found good results.

I have a Sound Blaster X-fi PCI-E and the Radeon 4890 HDMI audio for outputs.
    I have them both working separately on the audio devices list on Vista Home Premium.
    I FINALLY got screen cloning to work in games, but audio will only output to one or the other.
    This depends on what I have set to default.

Is there anyway to get Vista to output all audio to BOTH devices?

Thanks in advance.

ShogoXT, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Smittychat., Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

1. Change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Default Audio

2. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - No audio output devices: There is a bug in the Windows 10 Operating system which prevents audio devices from being recognized. Every device in Device Manager says that it is working properly.This is the same issue found...
  3. How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10: When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or other audio devices to your PC, you can select which device you want to use by default. In this post, we will show you how to change default Sound Output Device in Windows 10. Change Default Sound Output Device We...
  4. How to change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Default Audio Output Device for Narrator in Windows 10: In the most recent version of Windows 10, PC users can now select the desired audio output device for Narrator speech output. In this post, we will show you how to change default Audio Output Device for Narrator for your account in Windows 10. For PC users that are blind or...
  5. Windows 10 - No audio output devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - No audio output devices: Hi there, On my Windows 10, Audio stopped working completely. Windows sais "no output devices found" and "no input devices found". There are a lot of threads for this problem but no fix worked in my situation. Most solutions revolve around reinstalling and fixing...
  6. Windows 10 no audio output device

Windows 10 no audio output device: I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked. It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update. Additional information: Looking at the...
  7. Windows 10 no audio output device

Windows 10 no audio output device: I have an HP Pro 3515. It has been updated to Windows 10. Ver 10.0.18362 I have tried ALL of the suggestions, rollback, disable, uninstall,, complete reset, HP support, nothing has worked. It looks like it is a known bug from a Windows update. Additional information:...
  8. Default Audio Devices keep changing

Default Audio Devices keep changing: Hello! I have desktop soeakers plugged into the line out jack on my pc. I am also using a usb headset. I set my desktop speakers as my default device but everytime I power down or restart windows makes my headset the default. I have tried disabling the headset as well as...
  9. Select Audio Channel for Narrator Speech Output in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Audio Channel for Narrator Speech Output in Windows 10: How to: Select Audio Channel for Narrator Speech Output in Windows 10 How to Select Audio Channel for Narrator Speech Output in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete...
  10. Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Audio Playback Device in Windows 10 How to Change Default Sound Output Device in Windows 10 The default audio playback device is the device that Windows uses to output (play) sound. When you connect speakers, headphones, Bluetooth headset, or...