Windows 10: Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Thank you @sleeper0993 for letting me know, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile The link for 14 (normal) as been fixed. I can do this for "Palette... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Joanne, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

Thank you @sleeper0993 for letting me know, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The link for 14 (normal) as been fixed.

I can do this for "Palette Titles", but I haven't found an example of this in Windows 10 yet. Do you have one?

Brink, Mar 30, 2017

2. Thanks for fixing that link so fast! After looking for some examples, I found an answer in answers.microsoftDOTcom where they said Palette Titles were discontinued and is not available in Windows 10 and in that case the .reg file for it wouldn't be needed.

sleeper0993, Mar 30, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome.

I was thinking that they may have been discontinued.

Brink, Mar 30, 2017
  4. Mooly Win User

So do we know at this stage what out of all this is going to be customisable in the Creators Update. Specifically which of these will be do-able ? These are the settings I use as I find the default non bold text very bland and for me the visual appearance in everyday use is very important.

Title Bars 11 Bold
    Menus 9 Bold
    Message Boxes 9 Bold
    Palette Title 9 Standard
    Icons 12 Bold
    Tooltips 12 Bold

Mooly, Apr 3, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 3, 2017
  6. Mooly Win User
    Thanks for the info and links Shawn, I had visions of not being able to get the look I would want. Many of those items are (to me anyway) such basic things to customise that I wonder what MS are thinking of in removing them from the normal user interface.

Mooly, Apr 4, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. Hopefully MS will add them to Settings.

Brink, Apr 4, 2017
  8. Mooly Win User

I see that 'Display' has been removed from control panel and as yet can not find a 'user option' to alter the fonts. Looks like I will have to try the reg files *Smile

To be continued......

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017
  9. Mooly Win User
    ...... your reg files worked brilliantly *Smile in fact I've saved them all for future use.

For information... and the previous settings I used in the AU update such as 'Icons 12 Bold' do not correspond in size to the new settings created by the reg files. For example, Icons 12 in the AU update now need to be set to size 14 for the same effect. Same for menus. 9 bold has now to be 11 bold for the same size as before.

I wouldn't like to say whether that is PC specific (or just an observed difference for me) or whether it applies generally.

To not have these settings as standard in the CU update is a MAJOR omission imo and something that MS should address. Visuals are so very important to the look and feel of an OS.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm thinking it may have to do with all the work Microsoft is doing with DPI scaling to try and make the text look clearer.

Brink, Apr 5, 2017
  11. garizona Win User
    I joined this forum just so I could extend my thanks. I was going round and round trying to find that drop down menu where I could change simply the text size and not everything after installing the newest update yesterday evening. Not only did it allow me to get my preferred size back on most things, it also told me my attempts at finding that drop down menu were futile. Thank you sooooo very much!

garizona, Apr 13, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome garizona, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  13. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10

Thanks to the BrinkMan, after applying the REG file overseeing the text size of icons in Windows, the size of objects in File Explorer, let alone on the Chrome Bookmarks bar, are much more to my liking. Sweet!

Apachegila, Apr 17, 2017
  14. Trust_No1 Win User
    Brink,

The above was what I was talking about, it was/is available in 1607 but removed in Creator
    and all of your great hacks and work-arounds are wonderful, but I think something that has always been there with past Windows versions should have remained. It is so useful, and I just don't feel people should have to change registry entries and hack their OS to do the most basic of operations.

Your post was informative.

Trust_No1, May 8, 2017
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, May 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Change Icons Text Size in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Icons Text

2. Change Default Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Text Size in Windows 10: When setting up Windows 10, there is a part where you select the default font size. I made a mistake and set it to "11" rather than the standard "12". I would like to change that setting but am unable to find out where to do that....
  3. Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10

Is there a way to set the size of icons and text in Windows 10: Hi forum, I have a new desktop with Windows 10 installed. My old desktop was on Windows 7, then upgraded to Windows 10 and things on the screen looked the same. This new desktop has Windows 10, but everything is smaller and hard to read. My old desktop had the icons and...
  4. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] source: https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/change-text-size-in-windows-10.17663/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0
  5. How to Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Change Text Size in Windows 10: https://i.postimg.cc/GhsWcXDC/1.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-text-size-in-windows-10/aaee319a-0def-45a3-954d-b048781027d0"
  6. How to change the size of text in Windows. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to change the size of text in Windows. Windows 10: I'm trying to change the size of text in Windows. Both Bing and my settings took me to the link below. This is a Microsoft article last updated just over two months ago and it refers to using a slider bar. Neither this HP laptop nor my new Lenovo laptop show a slider bar and...
  7. Icon Text size Win 10

Icon Text size Win 10: How can I increase the size of ICON text on desktop screen. Control and mouse wheel increase icon but not text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-text-size-win-10/6f381cc2-e5e2-4889-b763-5543c16dafb3
  8. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...
  9. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10 You can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the following...
  10. Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Tooltips Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10 A tooltip is a small pop-up that displays the label of an unlabeled control or glyph in Windows. This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for...